Bestop Trektop - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Bestop Trektop

Curious if any one has one and what they think of them? I know it is a Sailcloth top which is what I want, but not sure about fit and such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
JKO Addict!

i think the member hitmoney ordered one awhile back. I haven't heard any reviews on it though.
post #3 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Rock God

I don't think the rear side windows come out.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks John, my experience here in CO is that most of the time it is up or down, mostly down. We don't get much rain, and mostly need it for mornings and when temp drops a bit low. But that is some thing to keep in mind.
post #5 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 12:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Check with the guys on here running the Offroad Heros Top. It seems more versatile. The Bestop cannot be run as a safari top only and the Offroad Heros can, plus you can remove individual sections. People seem to be really happy with it.
post #6 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 PM

More caca from Bestrash...when are they gonna' wise up...where's the sliding glass upper halves for half door owners?
post #7 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Check with the guys on here running the Offroad Heros Top. It seems more versatile. The Bestop cannot be run as a safari top only and the Offroad Heros can, plus you can remove individual sections. People seem to be really happy with it.
I have an ORH top and really like it. Ordered from Trail Duty and couldn't be happier with the customer service as well.
post #8 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 06:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I love my ORH top!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #9 of 18 Old 08-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Alec W

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
I love my ORH top!
X2, one of the best things I've added to the Jeep.
post #10 of 18 Old 08-17-2008, 11:01 AM

I have one and the fit is very good! Do not get the Offroad Heros one, it leaks and is very poor material. Nowhere near the original fabric.
The side windows do not come off, they are attached to the top piece. We are looking at possibly unhooking them and tucking them under the top part to open it up. The windows are tinted, and like oem material. The only thing I did not like is the back window is velcroed to the tailgate. If they would incorporate the back window bar from the original top so you could open it without having to unvelcro the window, that would be cool. It ranges in price from 599.00 to 699.00 depending on where you get it. Mine I got for 524.00 delivered. If you want more info, either email or pm me.
Also, it cost less that an offroadheros top and alot better quality. I have owned both...and the offroad heros top gets very flexable when it gets hot and loses it's shape, but this one fits better and doe not lose it shape. Just better quality and price.

Last edited by mjandwes; 08-17-2008 at 11:05 AM.
post #11 of 18 Old 08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjandwes View Post
Do not get the Offroad Heros one, it leaks and is very poor material. Nowhere near the original fabric.
I'm afraid I'll argue that one.
I have one of the very first ORH tops and I LOVE it.
It's dumping rain outside right now and I get a few drips in the corners of the rear, just like I did with my factory soft top.
The flexibility is unbeatable, takes 2 min or less to roll up or down the center section.
I have had zero problems with anything so far.
I initially had issue with the velcro to tailgate gig, but since have gotten used to it. A bar like the factory rear would be preferable but it's not that big of a deal.
But overall, I'd say your statement is pretty far off base.

Quote:
post #12 of 18 Old 08-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
I'm afraid I'll argue that one.
I have one of the very first ORH tops and I LOVE it.
It's dumping rain outside right now and I get a few drips in the corners of the rear, just like I did with my factory soft top.
The flexibility is unbeatable, takes 2 min or less to roll up or down the center section.
I have had zero problems with anything so far.
I initially had issue with the velcro to tailgate gig, but since have gotten used to it. A bar like the factory rear would be preferable but it's not that big of a deal.
But overall, I'd say your statement is pretty far off base.
x2 on that, venom

WHEN in DOUBT, GAS-IT !

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!
post #13 of 18 Old 08-17-2008, 05:35 PM

SO...YOUR GOING TO SIT THERE AND TELL ME THAT THE ORH TOP DOES NOT SAG WHEN THE WEATHER HEATS UP AND THE WINDOWS ON THE REAR DOES NOT LEAK AROUND THE SEALS OR BECOME RUBBER LIKE? THAT IS CRAP. THEY ARE MADE IN CANADA BY ONE PERSON OUT OF CRAPPIE MATERIAL. TELL ME THE TOP IS AS GOOD QUALITY AS THE ORIGINAL TOP AND I'LL CUT THE PIECE OF CRAP IN MY GARAGE AND SEND A PIECE OF THE OTHER ONE AND SHOW YOU. IT DOES NOT HOLD IT'S SHAPE AT ALL. IT SAGS AND LEAKED AT THE SEAMS. PLUS, THE WARRANTY...IF YOUR ABLE TO SEND IT BACK, REQUIRES YOU TO SEND IT BACK BEFORE IT IS REPLACED.
THE GUY THAT MAKES THOSE IS THE SAME GUY THAT HAS SOLD THOSE UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES AND COMPANIES BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN IN FLORIDA, CALIFORNIA AND COLORADO. YOU REALLY NEED TO RESEARCH THIS BEFORE YOU BUY.
CHECK OUT THE SITE JK-FORUM.COM. THIS IS PART OF THEIR INVESTIGATION : Public Notice from the Administrator:

Quote:
WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.
post #14 of 18 Old 08-17-2008, 07:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nah man, I'm not gonna try to tell YOU anything.
You've obviously got a mega beef with ORH for some reason and are beyond listening to anything other than 'ORH=crap'.
What I will tell everyone else who reads this thread is that my ORH top rocks.
I have done a 'few' mods to my JK and my ORH top is one of my favorites and you will probably get that from more than a couple of people on here.
Customer service wise, mine arrived with a tiny hole in the edge from shipping damage and he sent me a whole new main top section no questions asked and never asked for the old one back.
Yeah it came from Canada, so what?
As long as I pay and I get product, I'm happy.
It has dealt with 110 degree Texas summer days without any problems and going on rescue runs in hardcore storms with 70MPH gusts, but I probably don't know what I'm talking about, so it's cool.
Anyway man, have a and chill, it's all good.
Differing opinions are what makes this site work, unlike 'other' sites where you aren't allowed to have one.

Quote:
post #15 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

I understand many people here like their ORH tops, and that is great. What is missing and he is the only one to speak up as having owned a Trektop. With out having some first hand experience you really can't say much about it. Of course I am not saying speaking up of comparable tops like ORH is bad, that is actually a good thing to bring up other options. Just if you haven't had one, or experienced one on a friends vehicle at least, you really can't say it sucks. How would you know?
post #16 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi0523 View Post
x2 on that, venom
X3 Great top. To each their own.
post #17 of 18 Old 08-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Granite Guru

mjandwes, SORRY ! You're right we're all wrong ! well that is understandable as you sound like a jk-forum Eddie clone !

WHEN in DOUBT, GAS-IT !

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!
post #18 of 18 Old 08-23-2008, 11:22 AM
JKO Addict!

dang... too much drama...

I'll stick with the OEM tops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode