help with Dana 44 ARB - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

help with Dana 44 ARB

Ok, I'm looking at putting an ARB locker in the rear of my JKU. I see there ard two to choose from; one for 30 spline and one for 35 spline axle shafts. With the 30 spline shafts I can re u se the stock shafts or up grade them. With the 35 spline I would have to up grade.

My question is do the JK rubicon shafts fit the 35 spline ARB? Also is there an advantage to the 35 spline over the 30, I know they are stronger but how much stronger are they? Also if I stick with the 30 spline the axle shafts are the same length so Icould get away with carrying just one extra shaft?

Any input on the subject would be helpful.

opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and some stink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2015, 06:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
help with Dana 44 ARB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy5 View Post

My question is do the JK rubicon shafts fit the 35 spline ARB? Also is there an advantage to the 35 spline over the 30, I know they are stronger but how much stronger are they? Also if I stick with the 30 spline the axle shafts are the same length so Icould get away with carrying just one extra shaft?

Any input on the subject would be helpful.

The rubicon d44 shafts are 32 spline and unequal length. They won't fit the 35 spline ARB

If you stick w 30 spline, yes, you could bring one axle shaft for a spare and it would fit either side.

What size tire will you run?

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-29-2015, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
The rubicon d44 shafts are 32 spline and unequal length. They won't fit the 35 spline ARB

If you stick w 30 spline, yes, you could bring one axle shaft for a spare and it would fit either side.

What size tire will you run?
I'm running 35 and don't plan on going any bigger. Most of my wheeling I do is in Moab.

Thanks, for clearing up the axle spline issue. Not sure why i was thinking the rubicon had a 35 spline axle shaft.

opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and some stink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode