Rubicon Build X2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 08-12-2008, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Rubicon Build X2

We just started prepping 2 black rubicon 4drs for some mega hardware.

Rubicon #1

Paint Flat black
2.5" BB
35" BFG Km2's
18" procomp wheels
Bushwacker fenders
Mopar side steps
Rugged ridge tail lamp guards
Aev Hood
Aev Front bumper
IPF 930 ralley lights
Warn Rear bumper/tire carrier
Warn 9.5ti winch
Softtop swap

Rubicon #2
2.5" Tera Flex Coils with shocks
Steering stablizer
20" Black Bling Wheels
33" Nitto tires
6.1 AEV Hemi
Aev Hood
Softtop swap

After all that I am sure bumpers etc!

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-12-2008, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
CONT

Rubicon #1

Stripped and sent to the paint shop where they will strip down to a shell and have it back hopefully in a few weeks! Heres the current pics, I like it better stripped, just add some 37's and call it good!

Rubicon #2 still waiting for parts..

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 27 Old 08-12-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
CONT

Rubicon #2 Gets Wheels and Tera Flex 2.5" coils/Shocks and 20's..Bling..Bling!!

BTW They look bigger....Those are 33"X12.60 R20's

Now we send the jeep to AEV for the 6.1 conversion

Rubicon #1 Should get back from the paint shop on Friday and get reassembled

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Wheeler

The 20 inch wheels don't look good in my opinion - too ghetto - not 4x4 enough if you know what I mean.

08 Silver 4 Door X - XD Bumpers - Slightly lifted, and some modest welding underneath... and a really loud stereo to block the wind noise

post #5 of 27 Old 08-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Openly Hostile

I think those wheels actually look pretty cool, look better with 37's on um tho.

Can't wait to see it flat black, I have talked about doing that to my jeep, or going nato green.

Jason
post #6 of 27 Old 08-12-2008, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I agree about the tire/wheelcombo..I didn't pick them out. They did turn out much better than I thought they would and there is plenty of sidewall for trail running, just not real rocky AZ trail running! I think 35's would have been perfect.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #7 of 27 Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
JR
Rock God

Bushwacker JK fenders? Those things are terrible to install. Took me like 7 hours the first time and I vowed to never do it again.

Also, loctite the bolts, I lost 3 or 4 on the drive to SEMA

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #8 of 27 Old 08-13-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Bushwacker JK fenders? Those things are terrible to install. Took me like 7 hours the first time and I vowed to never do it again.

Also, loctite the bolts, I lost 3 or 4 on the drive to SEMA
We have installed many have it down to a science

Checked on the Jeep today painting should be all done and reassembly begins thurs and Friday, Maybe I will sneek in some picks!!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #9 of 27 Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Ok Rubicon #1 (repaint) is almost done in the paint booth!!!!

Here are the unfinshed pics!!

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #10 of 27 Old 08-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Rock God

Did they just hit it with a flat clear coat, or did they actually repaint it flat black? That things gonna look killer!

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #11 of 27 Old 08-19-2008, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoulk View Post
Did they just hit it with a flat clear coat, or did they actually repaint it flat black? That things gonna look killer!
No, they repainted the jeep flat black and then hit it with a clearcoat to protect the finish.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #12 of 27 Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 AM
JKO Addict!

I cant wait to see that thing finished! Its going to be awesome.
post #13 of 27 Old 08-20-2008, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Paints done and we have less 48hrs to finish up to meet our deadline!

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #14 of 27 Old 08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Rock God

That looks kick a$$, I wish that I could paint my jk a flat blue...

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

post #15 of 27 Old 08-22-2008, 03:38 PM
JKO Addict!

That is just bad ass! Man I want to do that now!
post #16 of 27 Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Bad ass jeep

Its done..............This has been one of the most involved projects I have ever done..I am trying to get my guy to go with a 5.7 Hemi next..

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #17 of 27 Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
JKowners Vendor

Looks good, better not scratch it!

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #18 of 27 Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 PM
JKowners Vendor

sorry for the double post, i was actually talking to a buddy of mine today about this paint job i am glad to see it, he was talking about doing the same to his tj.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #19 of 27 Old 08-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Granite Guru

I like the flat black one. I might suggest painting the exhaust black as well as the door locks. Man I wish I could justify the Hemi swap. Nice build.

Justin

2006 Adventure Trailers Chaser #15
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited(Sold)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
post #20 of 27 Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plumber View Post
sorry for the double post, i was actually talking to a buddy of mine today about this paint job i am glad to see it, he was talking about doing the same to his tj.
A tj might be less a good shop will charge arround $7-8K

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #21 of 27 Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear View Post
I like the flat black one. I might suggest painting the exhaust black as well as the door locks. Man I wish I could justify the Hemi swap. Nice build.

Justin, the hemi swap is a no brainer esp since you tow that adventure trailer. Just do the aev kit for $5200 and buy a motor/trans and invite us over with food and beer...do I smell a wrenching party?

We are going to paint the door locks since he promised never to actually use them with a key

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #22 of 27 Old 08-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Granite Guru

So what is the motor and transmission going to cost? I would probably go with the 5.7 Hemi. Oh and paint that muffler.

Thanks

Justin

2006 Adventure Trailers Chaser #15
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited(Sold)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
post #23 of 27 Old 08-23-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear View Post
So what is the motor and transmission going to cost? I would probably go with the 5.7 Hemi. Oh and paint that muffler.

Thanks

New 5.7 hemi and trans $7K?

You can find used low miles for $3500

We are going to regear to 5.13's and add a trueflow intake and magna flow exhaust....No Hemi!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #24 of 27 Old 08-26-2008, 07:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Its done..............This has been one of the most involved projects I have ever done..I am trying to get my guy to go with a 5.7 Hemi next..

I have these photo's saved on my pc... If I keep my jeep long enough, I'm getting it repainted flat black. I love it!!!!
post #25 of 27 Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Very nice build. That flat black is sweet.

Also liquid black shoe polish will permanently cure that white letter issue you have going on under there

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode