JKOwners Forum banner

Having trouble starting the JK

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bionicrooster 
#1 ·
so here we go guys, for the last year or so I have noticed when I turn my key there is a slight hesitation before the JK fires up. Lately its gotten worse, so that sometimes I turn the key 5-10 times before it actually turns over. The lights on the dash, the radio, all come on, but nothing else, doesn't try to turn over. Then if I keep turning the key on and off, eventually it will fire, usually if I am holding the key in the on position. I thought maybe my clutch interlock was going bad but when it won't start i tried shifting to 4 low and that didn't help. I also expected that the starter or solenoid would have quit instead of giving me trouble for so long. I am leaning towards an ignition fault.

Now this morning coming to work my tire pressure light was coming on randomly, along with the little red circle light that I think indicates the security system is on, even though I have security system.

Any ideas? Am I on the right track thinking its something in the ignition? Anyone else experience these symptoms?

Last few notes, the JK is a 2010 6speed with 125k miles.
No other issues with it other than what is described.
It goes into the shop tomorrow to be checked.
checked and getting no codes thrown.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.