Best view from relocated mirrors... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-07-2015, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Best view from relocated mirrors...

Has anyone tried the Quadratec Automatic Billet Aluminum Mirror Movers? They seem like a great idea, but I couldn't find any reviews. They are pricey at $250, but the current relaxation brackets that mount the window frame render my passenger mirror all but useless . I'm interested in hearing some real world comments on these, do they vibrate, is the location the same as the stock location? How about durability? Thanks in advance...
Attached Images

Paul...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 JK Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

IMO, the die-tech relocation brackets are the best. find a cheap set of chinese made JK mirrors or a used set from a junkyard or something, and you're set. then you won't have to move them from the door to the brackets every time.

I haven't seen the ones you mention in person, just online, but i feel like they would break sooner rather than later.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-07-2015, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I've looked at those, but I can't use them with the canvas half doors I use when my full doors are off. And, even though the canvas doors offer absolutely no protection over having no doors at all, they make my wife feel safer!

Paul...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 JK Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-08-2015, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

LSM, Not sure I understand what you mean when you say you can't see the passenger side mirror when the doors are on, is the mirror below the window sill level? I currently have the relocation brackets that attach the OE mirrors to the window frame, the passenger mirror is all but useless on that set up because the dash on the passenger side obscures of the mirror. I'm looking for a set up that will allow me to see clearly in both the passenger and driver's side view mirrors because I tow a trailer, and use the passenger side mirror a lot. If this setup doesn't afford a clear view of the passenger mirror, then I can't see spending $250 for something that won't work any better than the the setup I currently have that cost me less than $50.00! Thank you for your feedback!

Paul...

2012 JK Sport
post #5 of 10 Old 09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer View Post
LSM, Not sure I understand what you mean when you say you can't see the passenger side mirror when the doors are on, is the mirror below the window sill level?
The usual passenger side brackets move the mirror to where the windshield frame blocks the view of most of the mirror from the drivers seat.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Wheeler

what kind of doors are you using? have a pic? seem like if the die tech wont work neither would the quadratec since then need to be moved by the bump on the door --- im going with the die techs and not running doors
post #7 of 10 Old 09-08-2015, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have the Bestop canvas doors. since the Quadratec mirror mounts are spring loaded, the doors should just push them out of the way when I open them, if they even hit the mirrors since they are half doors. I believe the bump stops are to save the paint on the doors when they are on the Jeep. My wife does not feel safe riding in the Jeep with no doors at all, and even though we both know the Bestop doors provide no protection at all, they do help her feel less vulnerable. After hearing the Quadratec mirrors can't be seen with the doors on, I don't think I'd be any better off with those than I am with the relocation mounts I currently have. It looks like I'll be reattaching the mirrors to my doors this winter... This is the best pics I have that shows the doors...
Attached Images

Paul...

2012 JK Sport

Last edited by ptarnuzzer; 09-08-2015 at 02:01 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Wheeler

quadratec does sell mirrors that mount to the 2 screws above the current setup you have now -- they are quick disconnect i think but will bring the mirror up higher and more into view --might be worth checking out
post #9 of 10 Old 09-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Rock God

I'm running Rugged Ridge mirrors and can see the passenger side fine. Mirrors aren't convex so the view is limited so you might want to swap them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Wheeler

I have the Quadratec mirrors and absolutely love them, it really is just like having the factory mirrors without doors.

My only complaints:
1. I have the door pin extenders (to make the one door post longer to make putting the doors back on easier) and these extenders are too long and make removing the doors tough as the hinge strikes the mirror, takes some jockeying to get the doors on or off
2. The tension within the mirror really needs to be tighter, the mirrors move a little too easily within the housing for my taste. A hard bump will move the mirror ever so slightly.

Even with those two complaints (which the first is with my own doing) I still have zero regrets with these mirrors!

2012 JKU Sahara, basically stock
1989 4Runner, SAS, ARBs, 35's, yada yada yada
1998 Tj 1ton build in progress, stretch to LJ dimensions, chevy v8 (350+hp), auto, duals, 1tons, 40's, coilovers, the usual family wheeler

Former Team Quadratec driver #831
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode