3.5" lift with 33's - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

3.5" lift with 33's

Does anyone have pics of a jeep with a 3.5" lift and 33's? I am looking at doing the rock krawler 3.5 lift kit and some 33s for now so i do not have to change my gears and would like to see how it is going to look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Granite Guru

You can fit 33s without a lift. Go for at least 35's at that height.

I have a 3.5" lift up front (2.5 in rear) and my 35's look tiny:

post #3 of 8 Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i second that you dont need 3.5" for 33" tires. at most a 2.5" and then the 33s still look small.

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm running a Clayton 3.5" with 33" Coopers. It's not as bad as you would think. Granted, I will be moving to 35's or 37's, but, have been rolling like this for a while now.

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #5 of 8 Old 05-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Granite Guru

Is this the RC 3.25" lift? if so that is the same setup I have here (but I also added the 1.25" bl) and Im running 37s.

post #6 of 8 Old 05-05-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the pics. I would like to go bigger but do not really want to regear right now. I drive over 100 miles a day for work so i am thinking if i went with 35s it would kill my mpg.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
I'm running a Clayton 3.5" with 33" Coopers. It's not as bad as you would think. Granted, I will be moving to 35's or 37's, but, have been rolling like this for a while now.
Mr. T,

How do you rate the Cooper STT on road and highway usage ? I know that they are best in class for off-road ... I'm near to buy a set of 285/70R17 for my Rubi.

What is the size of your wheels ? Looks like 17" but not evident on the picture ...

Thanks
post #8 of 8 Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deho92 View Post
Mr. T,

How do you rate the Cooper STT on road and highway usage ? I know that they are best in class for off-road ... I'm near to buy a set of 285/70R17 for my Rubi.

What is the size of your wheels ? Looks like 17" but not evident on the picture ...

Thanks
Honestly, I have over 40K on my coopers and they still have a boatload of tread left. I am very impressed with how they hold up. Offroad, they haven't let me down and on-road the do just fine. It's my DD and I'd strongly consider getting them again if these ever wear out. They are sitting on 16 x 8 procomp wheels at the moment. I have no real complaints on the coopers. They ride smooth, have a nice little hum to them and have lasted longer than I would have expected. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode