Hard top leaking?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to superdavis78 Send a message via Yahoo to superdavis78 Send a message via Skype™ to superdavis78
Hard top leaking??

Ok, the dealer replaced all the seals around the rear of my hard top. The water was coming in around the sub woofer, and started to rust the bracket that hold the speaker box to the floor. I washed it today, and guess what...more water!!! The dealer said they water checked it, and no leaks...but when it rains or I wash it...I have wet carpet. I did take the rusting bracket off today, sanded it, primed it, painted it, and put it all back together....but I don't think that it's going to help if it constantly leaks.... Any ideas what to do next???

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

make sure the weather stripping isnt folded anywhere. i noticed a new leak the other day after washing. checked it out and the weather stripping had folded back on its self.

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
post #3 of 3 Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quite possible also, that the leak is in between the front panels and the rear hardtop. It's hollow in there and the water can channel through the hardtop from the front to the back....where the top & sides meet.

The 1st picture is the seal between the front panels and the rear hardtop- where the leak might be coming from.

The other 3 pics are where the water might be exiting at the rear of the hardtop where the strut hardware, defroster & wiper wires are attached for the rear window.
Attached Images

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity

Last edited by StubEXrube; 05-05-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode