Just threw up a bit in my mouth! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Cool Just threw up a bit in my mouth!

Was driving home from School and saw a new 2010 Unlimited 'Islander' JK God those things are ugly! Looked half decent in pictures but up close and personal is a different story! Can't quite place the reason why I don't like it, it just looks odd, kinda like it belongs in a gay pride parade, or you expect 32 clowns to jump out of it at the next lights!

But thats just my opinion!

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
08' Dodge Avenger SXT (winter beater)
64' Plymouth Sport Fury(sold)
58' Triumph TR-3A(in 1,000,000 pieces)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I believe ya..........just naming a wrangler "Islander" is in itself extremely gay.....jmho

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #3 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Wheeler

I agree, But I also need to come clean! I had one back about 25 yrs plus yrs ago.. I was under 22 yrs of age.... I know and to be honest I don't wanna hear about it! I hope I don't kicked off the forum for coming clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
JKO Addict!

My local dealer has one in white and I liked it. I also like the surf blue but think I would get sick of it if I bought one.

Marc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Granite Guru

A dealership in Atlanta has 7 of them. Black or silver. Godawful. A blue one might look decent but these were just plain ugly.
post #6 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Rock God

Garage

i saw 2 at my local dealership.. there the ugliest things in the world.. i dont know why they even came out with them.. they should listen to the jeep people and come read some post on these forums and make a real jeep with a v8.

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

post #7 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Rock God

Over react much? it has a hood sticker and different seats with rubicon wheels and tires...you guys are acting like its sitting on 22's and painted pink with wood grain.

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #8 of 28 Old 05-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
Over react much? it has a hood sticker and different seats with rubicon wheels and tires...you guys are acting like its sitting on 22's and painted pink with wood grain.
gotta agree.... me i actually like the little tiki guy on the hood.
post #9 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
X2. When I saw the title I expected to see a lowered Jeep covered in chrome.
post #10 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM
JKO Addict!

How can a stock Wrangler be "Godawful" and "ugly"? It has the best stock wheel and tire package and an easily removable sticker. You're all retarded for calling it ugly.

A Rubi owner calling it incapable is justified.
post #11 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Definitely a chick Jeep. Anyone with even a tiny trace of testosterone wouldn't be caught driving one.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #12 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Definitely a chick Jeep. Anyone with even a tiny trace of testosterone wouldn't be caught driving one.

lol, funny given recent circumstances in the Jeep winning world. Tell that to Immortality LTD and a few other folks

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #13 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Rock God

What crawled up all of your asses?

Like the guy above said, its some two tone seats, a sticker on the hood, and some Rubi wheels and tires. Oh, and the steering wheel has colored stitching instead of white stitching.

What is the big deal? The colors they come in are available on Sports and Rubicons too, so....

People have been putting Wet Okle seat covers in their Jeeps for decades and now that Jeep does something fun from the factory you guys all act like they reinvented the wheel.

You guys can bitch when they offer a street package Wrangler but until then get the fucking sand out of your vag and find something better to complain about.

Here's the old one:

I think its cool that they brought back some old school flavor with the JK. It needs a little old school considering all the fucking pansies it brought to the Jeep world. What would all of these guys have done before there was a place to ask questions about wheel backspacing and how much lift you need to clear a certain tire?

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning

Keeping Austin Weird
post #14 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ View Post
What crawled up all of your asses?

Like the guy above said, its some two tone seats, a sticker on the hood, and some Rubi wheels and tires. Oh, and the steering wheel has colored stitching instead of white stitching.

What is the big deal? The colors they come in are available on Sports and Rubicons too, so....

People have been putting Wet Okle seat covers in their Jeeps for decades and now that Jeep does something fun from the factory you guys all act like they reinvented the wheel.

You guys can bitch when they offer a street package Wrangler but until then get the fucking sand out of your vag and find something better to complain about.

I think its cool that they brought back some old school flavor with the JK. It needs a little old school considering all the fucking pansies it brought to the Jeep world. What would all of these guys have done before there was a place to ask questions about wheel backspacing and how much lift you need to clear a certain tire?
But how do you really feel about this?

j/k- I'm not rubbing sand in anyone's love-hole.

post #15 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
But how do you really feel about this?

j/k- I'm not rubbing sand in anyone's love-hole.

He he! The other place has 300 questions a day about what fits and what hits and here we have 300 posts a day about something being gay or uncool. It is getting old.

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning

Keeping Austin Weird
post #16 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ View Post
He he! The other place has 300 questions a day about what fits and what hits and here we have 300 posts a day about something being gay or uncool. It is getting old.
LOL. I agree completely. Different strokes for different folks.
post #17 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I saw one for the first time today... don't like the color very much... different strokes for different folks... just saying.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #18 of 28 Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

If the ISLANDER decal was removed, it would certainly look a lot better imo. Along with a certain wheel, tire, and lift combo- I think it looks okay.

I hated the color of the surf-blue stock, but when I saw one that was lifted with some bad-ass wheels and aggressive tires.....I thought it looked sweet.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #19 of 28 Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Rock God

just one of those marketing lab things... its unfortunate that Chrysler is still testing the waters to see what they can get... what part of a loyal customer basis do they not get??? most jeepers are...well, jeepers, quit trying to appeal to people that do not get jeeps...

its like trying to explain a round earth
post #20 of 28 Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosjk View Post
I agree, But I also need to come clean! I had one back about 25 yrs plus yrs ago.. I was under 22 yrs of age.... I know and to be honest I don't wanna hear about it! I hope I don't kicked off the forum for coming clean.
I think coming clean is ok here but coming OUT, now that might cause some extraneous posting flurries.

2008 Rubicon, 4 door Detonator yellow, 3.5" lift, Motech LS 6L engine conversion, RR Skids.
post #21 of 28 Old 05-07-2010, 04:39 AM
CalmerThanYouAre

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa! I could've got pink AND woodgrain? That wasn't available in '07 was it? I feel cheated. Almost like getting home and realizing my jeep doesn't have air conditioning.
(taking a jab about the ac from another thread)

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #22 of 28 Old 05-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Excuse me while I go get my estrogen shot.

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #23 of 28 Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD View Post
Excuse me while I go get my estrogen shot.

theyre just jealous.

seriously, i dont get the hatred towards this jeep. yea, some ppl could take tiki or leave him, but its just something different. yes, the decal doesnt look good but a head gun would fix that right away if you really care. its a great option for someone who wants a rubi tire and wheel package but doesnt need a rubi. plus its different.

and guess what...you dont have to buy it if you dont like it! as its been said many times before, its just another way to get asses in jeeps and if it puts more spare parts out there for the rest of us, then so be it!

immortality - enjoy your prize! in 20 years when no one has a jk islander because theyre "gay" you can tell them to shove it

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #24 of 28 Old 05-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Rock God

dont the islanders come on all the colors? Its not just that blue.

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #25 of 28 Old 05-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Granite Guru

I wouldn't be caught at the mall in one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosjk View Post
At least you didn't say you also have a hummer in the garage. Now that's booting material.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode