Best Low cost 2.5 lift kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Best Low cost 2.5 lift kit

2014 4DR JK, looking for a low cost coil kit 2.5", it is my wife's DD, and not much off road, just to make it look different than stock. the price range is about 300 - 400 bucks, what would be the best bang for the buck\\

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

Teraflex spacer lift kit.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 AM
JKO Addict!

RC series II budget boost w/ shock extensions. Add drop brackets for caster. Around $300

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-03-2015, 07:21 PM
JKO Addict!

rustys off road has a basic 2" kit with springs and shocks for 379.... doesnt specify 2 or 4 door though... His 2" budget kit has 4 spacers and 4 shocks for 219

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-04-2015, 06:26 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm1seabeeusn View Post
2014 4DR JK, looking for a low cost coil kit 2.5", it is my wife's DD, and not much off road, just to make it look different than stock. the price range is about 300 - 400 bucks, what would be the best bang for the buck\\

thanks

I know you said $300-400, but personally I would put that money in the bank and save up for the AEV 2.5" lift. It's about $1075 shipped from AEV or if you can wait you can get it for around $1000 shipped from AEV. I know that is 2.5X your max budget of $400, but I am more concerned with quality and drivability than look and cost savings. I have no experience with RC or any of the other kits, but I can tell you that my AEV 2.5" lift feels pretty much like my stock suspension did except I'm now sitting 2.5" higher. Ultimately it's up to you, but I think the increased initial investment is well worth it now and down the road.

Just my .02
post #6 of 9 Old 09-04-2015, 08:22 AM
Wheeler

Teraflex budget boost or leveling kit. My brother in law has had the budget boost on for about 5 yrs and no issues. I had the leveling kit before I upgraded and it was fine.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-04-2015, 11:21 AM
JKowners Vendor

You can buy coils, shocks and some form of caster correction. Buy quality components so you can upgrade as need be down the road and do so on a good budget...

RK
post #8 of 9 Old 09-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Wheeler

I'm happy with my synergy springs and rs9000 setup... 2in front springs and 1 inch rear..netted a bit higher w/out the weight of bumpers and a winch...
I was going between synergy,RK and metal cloak, can't go wrong with any of the 3 and my long term Frankenstein suspension will likely have all of the represented
post #9 of 9 Old 09-06-2015, 02:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearfact View Post
I'm happy with my synergy springs and rs9000 setup... 2in front springs and 1 inch rear..netted a bit higher w/out the weight of bumpers and a winch...

I was going between synergy,RK and metal cloak, can't go wrong with any of the 3 and my long term Frankenstein suspension will likely have all of the represented

2/4 door ? What did you get for total height?

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode