I love this site! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thumbs up I love this site!

Guys I just wanted to say I love this site. I am new and don't even have my JK yet! I have been offshore for 2 weeks and will hopefully be getting one when I get home. I have gotten many ideas from here and it has really helped guide me in a direction for building my Jeep. Going with a White '10Sahara. Plans for RC 2.5" Premium lift, 35" Toyo MT's, and 5.13 gears to start. I also like the do-it-yourself stubby caps from RC for the front bumper. Hope to post pics soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome and congrats on the future purchase! Who do you work for? I've been working for Diamond for a little over 2 years now.

post #3 of 21 Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I work for BP. Please ahead of time, I don't want to hear anything from any haters either with the whole oil spill thing. But thanks man, I live in the Lafayette area. Go LSU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Welcome to jkowners.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 21 Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome. I too love this site I've gained lots of useful knowledge here.
post #6 of 21 Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwall81 View Post
I work for BP. Please ahead of time, I don't want to hear anything from any haters either with the whole oil spill thing. But thanks man, I live in the Lafayette area. Go LSU!
Baby seal killer.

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #7 of 21 Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Not hatin, but pick that shit up man. My fishing season is toast!

Seriously. It's a disaster. I hope you guys can get that shit locked up so our beaches here in the panhandle don't get too fucked up. Be safe and save a Sea Turtle or do something productive for all of us here at JKO.

Hurry home to get that JK.

Last edited by jkristie44; 05-04-2010 at 01:07 PM.
post #8 of 21 Old 05-04-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dik

Mike you are an Ahole
post #9 of 21 Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Granite Guru

This IS a great site - one of the few where people leave their "tudes" at the door. Everyone has been very helpful. And welcome!
post #10 of 21 Old 05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Wheeler

Welcome to the site!! I work as a contractor to BP But I stick to dry land. Good luck with your new jeep
post #11 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Wheeler

Welcome to JKO Sidwall... congrats on the JK and nice color choice!
I grew up in St. Bernard Parish and have many friends who've worked offshore.
Prejean's is one of my favorites in Lafayette.

Geaux Tigers

'08 Stone White Rubi Unlimited, 3.5 AEV Premium, BFG KM2 35's on Pintler Argents, AEV Front and Rear with Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rails, Airaid CAI, Cooltech Muffler Relo, Iggee's, Dirty Dog 4x4 Mesh Tops and Grab Handles, Dirt Bags & M-Pac Storage Solutions.
post #12 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Mike you are an Ahole
Why do think im an asshole? (at first I just wrote this)

The double finger smiley is a welcome here on JKO, search my intro thread in the noob section, I got many a double finger innit seen? Im just not a pussy about it. Its the internet. (then I hit edit and wrote this)

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle

Last edited by mikebigh; 05-05-2010 at 06:05 AM.
post #13 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Tired of hearing about BP

Mike the double finger doesn't bother me at all. It was the remark about the baby seal killler. I have gotten enough slack cause I work for BP. I was hoping this would be a place where politics and world events would be left out of discussion. You might be a cool guy, but I think I might just beat the shit out of the next person who gives me crap, face to face, about who I work for.
post #14 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Mike the double finger doesn't bother me at all. It was the remark about the baby seal killler. I have gotten enough slack cause I work for BP. I was hoping this would be a place where politics and world events would be left out of discussion. You might be a cool guy, but I think I might just beat the shit out of the next person who gives me crap, face to face, about who I work for.
No need to be so sensitive to Mike (unless you do personally kill baby seals). You kind of set yourself up with the "I don't want to hear anything from any haters" comment. Sorry to hear you're taking so much flack just because of who your employer is. I don't think that will happen here.

We probably don't realize what you've been through since you got back. And if you've been offshore for the past two weeks I can imagine you're pretty worn out from whatever it is you do. I could see the last thing you want is to be confronted by an angry mob.

Welcome to JKO, I look forward to watching your build.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #15 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
LOL, this place is that place, but dont think your exepempt( here I cant spell for shit, take off with this....run with it......run) from ball breaking. Its the internet, where when you go "hey dont blame me for the oils spill" .....seriously...what do you think the first thing someone like myself is gonna do. Break you balls about it, simply cause you said not to. So, grow some thicker skin, as your growing up. The internet tough guy act is pretty awesome too man, good for you. And really, if you work for BP and people give you shit about it, FUCK THEM. Why do you care? Stop letting other people bring to a point where you wanna fight. That shit makes you look like a 12 yr old un-educated little boy. I really doubt anyone on this board could give a fuck about who you are, who I am, who anyone is....or who they work for.

here one more Welcome to the internet.

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #16 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Granite Guru

I love baby seals... medium rare!!!

post #17 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUjeepguy View Post

Baby seal eater

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #18 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Well this thread brought on the funny pretty quick.

Bustin' world wide web nuts is just a fun activity. As stated.....unless you got some seal carcasses buried in your back yard.....then no worries.

And yea- I hate a lot of aspects of BP, big business, and oil companies in general.....but none of it relates to those that work below the CEO level. I've worked for plenty of companies that had less than pristine track records.

If you see Tony Hayward, please give him a kick in the royal jewels. Tell him it's from Stub.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #19 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

Be happy you got a job and welcome to the best site EVER!! I Love This Place!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sometimes miss 70's bush
post #20 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Garage

I heard BP uses the teeth yanked out of live baby seals on its oil drilling platform drill bits.

Bastards.. that just ain't right.. you know there is a line you just don't cross.

Welcome to JKO!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #21 of 21 Old 05-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUjeepguy View Post
nice, I hate the f'ing seals. Back home, when you have crab rings hangin' off the dock and are sitting back enjoying a cold one, they love to come steal the crabs and bait from your ring. Bastards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode