Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets

I just put in the Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation brackets. If you want them for looks (aka not getting a b.s. ticket) then I'd go with them. If you want them so you have mirrors without doors because you have an inablity to turn around and look then I do not suggest them.

They are a quick install...for the most part. When the directions say "apply minor preasure and work back and forth, mirrors should slide out." That's the biggest load of I've ever heard. The first one would not budge with me pulling on it like an orangatang. I thought the second would do the same...but it came RIGHT out and now I have a black eye lol . Ended up using a punch, a hammer and some WD-40.

Once installed...the passenger side is utterly useless. You can see about an inch of the mirror around the dash with the doors off, andd none with the doors on. So as I said...if you want them for looks, go to it...if if you wanna use them, I'd suggest the ones that fasten to the door hinges.

Danny

2008 Wrangler X
-3.5" Rubicon Express Lift
-Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
-Rancho High-clearance Steering Stab
-Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 12:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyJK08 View Post
I just put in the Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation brackets. If you want them for looks (aka not getting a b.s. ticket) then I'd go with them. If you want them so you have mirrors without doors because you have an inablity to turn around and look then I do not suggest them.

They are a quick install...for the most part. When the directions say "apply minor preasure and work back and forth, mirrors should slide out." That's the biggest load of I've ever heard. The first one would not budge with me pulling on it like an orangatang. I thought the second would do the same...but it came RIGHT out and now I have a black eye lol . Ended up using a punch, a hammer and some WD-40.

Once installed...the passenger side is utterly useless. You can see about an inch of the mirror around the dash with the doors off, andd none with the doors on. So as I said...if you want them for looks, go to it...if if you wanna use them, I'd suggest the ones that fasten to the door hinges.

X2 on what he said!! Passenger side is useless-Not to mention doesn't mount with my AEV snorkel anyway
post #3 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Granite Guru

I extended the arm on the passenger side 2" by cutting the arm off the mount and welding 1/8" plate on the top and sides and grinding smooth; I basically extended the arm exactly as though it came from the vendor that way. A little textured spray paint from Home Depot, and I have a usable passenger side mirror. I can see about 2/3rds of the mirror with the door on.

They should come from Rugged Ridge that way in my opinion.

-Randy

2007 JKU (ex)Rubicon w/bolt-ons: LS3 / 6L80E • Synergy Long Arm 4.5" Lift • 40"s • Dana 60s • PSC Hydro • etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N30EX View Post
I extended the arm on the passenger side 2" by cutting the arm off the mount and welding 1/8" plate on the top and sides and grinding smooth; I basically extended the arm exactly as though it came from the vendor that way. A little textured spray paint from Home Depot, and I have a usable passenger side mirror. I can see about 2/3rds of the mirror with the door on.

-Randy
Will give it a shot-I will need to compensate for the snorkel a little but should be doable. Thanks for the suggestion-Wonder what the engineer that designed them was thinking?
post #5 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Wheeler

Quote:

-Randy
Pics of the modified bracket?
post #6 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Granite Guru

I left both brackets on the Passanger side and just transfer the mirror itself when doors off. Less parts to lose/bugger up this way. Just the one screw holding the mirror on to deal with. Yeah its not clean/pretty, but its functional.
Pic to follow

post #7 of 16 Old 05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Rock God

Garage
Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets

I like that idea
saw someone else use washers and longer bolts to make it work with the snorkel. Btw I whacked my head really good trying to get the mirror off used a screw driver and a hammer afterwards lol

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #8 of 16 Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Granite Guru

I have those brackets and besides having to lean a little to get a 3/4 view of the passenger side they work for what I need. I can see it being a problem for shorter peeps as my seat is all the way back. But once the doors are off it's not a problem. Just some getting use to.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]2009 Wrangler Unlimited Rubi
post #9 of 16 Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomery12 View Post
I have those brackets and besides having to lean a little to get a 3/4 view of the passenger side they work for what I need. I can see it being a problem for shorter peeps as my seat is all the way back. But once the doors are off it's not a problem. Just some getting use to.
ditto. i could see backing in a traylor you might not want them but all i do is lean over a little to use the passenger side. works for me. better then giving a board cop a reason to talk to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sometimes miss 70's bush
post #10 of 16 Old 05-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Granite Guru

Here's a picture of the modified bracket.

This makes the mirror usable for me. I can see about 3/4 of the glass from the driver's side without any extra effort. The work took about an hour an a half on a rainy Sunday--small, easy, fun project if you can weld and have a grinder.

-Randy

2007 JKU (ex)Rubicon w/bolt-ons: LS3 / 6L80E • Synergy Long Arm 4.5" Lift • 40"s • Dana 60s • PSC Hydro • etc.
post #11 of 16 Old 05-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

This makes the mirror usable for me. I can see about 3/4 of the glass from the driver's side without any extra effort. The work took about an hour an a half on a rainy Sunday--small, easy, fun project if you can weld and have a grinder.

-Randy
Those look like a good project that I will have to tackle. Decided to go back to school for the hell of it and am taking welding classes so I can work on my mods myself!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]2009 Wrangler Unlimited Rubi
post #12 of 16 Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Wheeler

Question Mirror Shims?

Hey guys, first post. After a longtime obsessions with Wranglers, I finally got a 2010 2DR JK. I got the Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets, but it seems that the mirrors changed between 2008-'10. The shims the put in the package really didn't fit, and I couldn't screw my mirrors in without it being all sloppy.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you fix it? I really don't need the mirrors with the doors off, but would perfer to avoid any BS ticket. Thanks!

--Chris
post #13 of 16 Old 05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

-Randy
Nice job-Gonna copy this one and will also see if I can accomodate the AEV snorkel while I am at it. Only minor clearance issue on the snorkel so I think It won't be too difficult-
post #14 of 16 Old 05-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Wheeler

yep

dido, only mirror i use is driver side with some over my spare and hed rest on my 08 4door. Im a boilermaker, can weld any G6. would love to add a few inches to add to my passenger side so i could use it.
post #15 of 16 Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan19 View Post
Hey guys, first post. After a longtime obsessions with Wranglers, I finally got a 2010 2DR JK. I got the Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets, but it seems that the mirrors changed between 2008-'10. The shims the put in the package really didn't fit, and I couldn't screw my mirrors in without it being all sloppy.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you fix it? I really don't need the mirrors with the doors off, but would perfer to avoid any BS ticket. Thanks!

--Chris
Can anyone help me out here?
post #16 of 16 Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Granite Guru

I put on a blind spot round mirror on the corner of the regular mirror on the passenger side -- solved the problem.. 2 bucks at ACE hardware

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009 JK Sahara - 35" BFG KM2s, 3" Teraflex with Bilsteins, Yukon 5.13s, AEV 17" Pintlers, AEV Front Bumper with IPF 900s, Tabor 9K Winch, OR-Fab Rear Tire & Gerry Can Carrier, Delta 150 Windshield Mounted Lights, Tuffy Rear Deck Enclosure, Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer, 48" Highlift, AEV Procal, Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets, SpiderWeb Sun Top, HighRock 4x4 Element Doors, more to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode