NEW TO ME RUBICON OWNER - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

NEW TO ME RUBICON OWNER

Well if all goes well with my trade in Monday. I'll be rolling off the lot with a 2007 Rubicon with quite a few add on's and ONLY 4056 miles.......I did a carfax and it looks legit plus the dealer is one of the larger dealerships in the Baton Rouge area.

This will be my first Jeep so had a few questions. It a 6-speed with the electric lockers and disconnects. I didn't mess with them yesterday on the test drive because I didn't wana F anything up. I'd assume the vehicle just has to be stopped click both buttons to engage the locker and disconnect the swaybars? right? Do any of you guys have issues with the electronics on these things?

Next it has the half doors w/ soft top. I really wanted a hard top but this is a GREAT deal and don't wana pass it up. Is it tough to convert to the four hard doors? and hard top?

That's about all for now, TILL, i get the thing home and start more online shopping and lurking around on here and a few other forums. Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Congrats! Your Swaybar disco will work in 4hi or 4lo at speeds up to 30-something mph(I think... someone here knows for sure) and your lockers will lock in 4lo up to 19 mph. You don't have to be stopped to do these things. And you're lucky to get the half doors... someone may even trade you a hard top and full doors for them. Welcome to JKO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #3 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Granite Guru

Congrats! Do you not like the half doors? What color is your jeep?.

Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the info.....I test drove it yesterday but didn't mess with anything electric in fear of doing something wrong and looking like a total Dumb A$$ with the sales rep. So will definitely check those out and hopefully I will be taking it home tomorrow to spend a day with it then get it to the local Chrysler Dealer to have a complete inspection of the vehicle JIC. Has only 4K miles was a 3rd vehicle in a married couple over the age of 40. GUY DID IT RIGHT TOO!!!

As for the half doors and soft top, it's growing on me. I just liked the look of the full doors and the top off all together. Almost looks miltary style vehicle. It's all Black. Interior is flawless. It has the regular fender flares not the sahara style painted ones. Will post pics tomorrow hopefully
post #5 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the info.....I test drove it yesterday but didn't mess with anything electric in fear of doing something wrong and looking like a total Dumb A$$ with the sales rep. So will definitely check those out and hopefully I will be taking it home tomorrow to spend a day with it then get it to the local Chrysler Dealer to have a complete inspection of the vehicle JIC. Has only 4K miles was a 3rd vehicle in a married couple over the age of 40. GUY DID IT RIGHT TOO!!!

As for the half doors and soft top, it's growing on me. I just liked the look of the full doors and the top off all together. Almost looks miltary style vehicle. It's all Black. Interior is flawless. It has the regular fender flares not the sahara style painted ones. Will post pics tomorrow hopefully
post #6 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 06:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats and Welcome to JKO!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #7 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Rock God

unless you over ride your computer your lockers and sway bar disconnect will only work in 4 low. You do not have to stop to shift into 4 high but highly recommend stopping to shift into 4 low. Also, if you ever stall it on a hill while in 4 low, you do not need to push in the clutch to start it. Just turn the key. Welcome and congrats on the jeep.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Wheeler

congrats
That's where i got my 08 Rubicon just over a year ago...
I think his name was Brian I dont' have his card in front of me. But, he went out of his way to make it as painless as possible...
Good luck

The final weapon is the brain,
all else is supplemental...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 08:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Actually, you want to be moving, but slowly, to engage 4low. Try to do it when stopped and it'll be nearly impossible unless everything is aligned PERFECTLY.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #10 of 10 Old 05-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Granite Guru

Congrats on the Jeep purchase. Hopefully it worked out for you. Post some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode