Armor up! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-02-2010, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
scottrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St Augustine
Age: 48
Posts: 3,022
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Armor up!

River Raider oilpan/tranny, evap/air tank skids & a D30 RuffStuff Specialties "Bomb Proof" diff cover. I've got one for rear too but I didn't have enough gear oil on hand to do the swap. They look like they will live up to the name.

Dropped the coin on some lubelockers while I was at it.

Install was pretty straight forward though I had to dig around here for a how-to on the evap skid. Found this: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24817

Thanks a ton RubiZealot, I drove around for a week with the evap can rattlin around on top of the skid because I couldn't figure out how to mount the damn thing.

Anyhow, on to pics.









Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scottrock; 05-02-2010 at 05:48 AM.
scottrock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Granite Guru
 
RobertJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 396
Feedback: 0 reviews

That looks great scott. Snerkell for me next, then that evap armor. Then oil/tranny/trans protection. Was that evap install that complicated or just no instructions?

Lookin good, lookin good
RobertJK is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 05-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Rock God
 
kerryp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Age: 55
Posts: 1,852
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

looking good. I got my RR oil pan skid on, just need to get the tranny skid installed....those are some beefy diff covers,

I saw a siphon tank for changing oil through the dip stick tube yesterday at tractor supply that I think I'm gonna buy and try on my next oil change so I don't fill my skid plates full of oil.. hopefully it work. I'm thinking get the majority of the oil out with that and then pull the plug to see how much is left and to drain any of the bottm crap out...

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps

Last edited by kerryp; 05-02-2010 at 07:29 AM.
kerryp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 05-02-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
scottrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St Augustine
Age: 48
Posts: 3,022
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJK View Post
That looks great scott. Snerkell for me next, then that evap armor. Then oil/tranny/trans protection. Was that evap install that complicated or just no instructions?

Lookin good, lookin good
Thanks, no the evap skid just came with no instructions. It was easy enough to figure out how to assemble and bolt to the Jeep but I had no clue outside of that. You have to chop off both ends of the stock bracket, flip it, drill a couple holes and bolt it to the skid. FWIW, now it's throwing a code P0138. Looked it up and it supposed to be an O2 sensor over voltage. I didn't touch any of that junk so I don't know whats up... The big hose coming off the off the tank is a bit kinked so I figure that's why. The hose is pretty stiff. May have to replace with a more flexible hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
looking good. I got my RR oil pan skid on, just need to get the tranny skid installed....those are some beefy diff covers,

I saw a siphon tank for changing oil through the dip stick tube yesterday at tractor supply that I think I'm gonna buy and try on my next oil change so I don't fill my skid plates full of oil.. hopefully it work. I'm thinking get the majority of the oil out with that and then pull the plug to see how much is left and to drain any of the bottm crap out...
Ya, I was guessing the little access hole wasn't going to cut it... Been looking for a small mouth funnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scottrock is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 AM
JKO Addict!
 
RODICON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gateway to the Sierra's
Posts: 5,678
Garage
Feedback: 3 reviews

Sweet armor!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
RODICON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome