Saw a 2 door on 37s today... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 Old 05-01-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Saw a 2 door on 37s today...

I could say so much, but I'll just leave it at pictures don't do it any justice. I was absolutely blown away at how big 37x12.5 Kevlar MTRs were. There was one next to it on 35" KM2s and they looked like my 285s.

I personally think I'm going to stick with 35s...those 37s were enormous! I guess I'm a sissy.

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping Austin Weird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 05-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Well THOSE pictures REALLY don't do it justice!

LOL- sorry man- but I was really wanting to see the 37" MTR's on a 2dr. I'll bet it DID look pretty sweet.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 53 Old 05-01-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Well THOSE pictures REALLY don't do it justice!

LOL- sorry man- but I was really wanting to see the 37" MTR's on a 2dr. I'll bet it DID look pretty sweet.

I meant the pictures here are like offroad pictures, you can't get a real feel for what the trail is really like from a picture. I've seen TONS of pics of 37s on JKs but after seeing it in person I can't even fathom what 40s or 41s look like on one.

I didn't have a camera and my iphone is HAMMERED so it doesn't do pics too well...honestly I didn't even think about it. Ha!

I was just checking out your rig in another thread and I'd like to meet up sometime and take a look at it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping Austin Weird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 Old 05-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

^^^ LOL. I have been wanting to see some 37" MTR's on a 2 dr for a while now- I opened that post and thought "Cool- Now i get to see one!"

Anytime you wanna check out my Jeep- it's still a work in progress. I have a Nth Degree rear diff skid, Delta headlights, LCA skids, and a few other things going in hopefully before the Memorial Day run out at K2.

The rig to really see is going to be bodyguys (Joe). he is working on a complete new cage and a 9" rear-end right now for his Mangler. His JK is truly sick.

Hope you can head out to K2 with us. I will be swinging thru Austin around 6:30- 7:00 am on Sat morning- the 29th.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 53 Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
JKO Addict!

had a long arm'd 2dr JK come into the BMW dealership the other day, on 37s. Looked 'effin awesome. Wish there were more jacked up 2drs!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #6 of 53 Old 05-01-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
^^^ LOL. I have been wanting to see some 37" MTR's on a 2 dr for a while now- I opened that post and thought "Cool- Now i get to see one!"

Anytime you wanna check out my Jeep- it's still a work in progress. I have a Nth Degree rear diff skid, Delta headlights, LCA skids, and a few other things going in hopefully before the Memorial Day run out at K2.

The rig to really see is going to be bodyguys (Joe). he is working on a complete new cage and a 9" rear-end right now for his Mangler. His JK is truly sick.

Hope you can head out to K2 with us. I will be swinging thru Austin around 6:30- 7:00 am on Sat morning- the 29th.

I would really like to go and I already have that whole wekend off from work so I think I should be able to swing it. I'm moving next weekend so I gotta see how much that wipes out before I commit.

We should get together sometime so I can see Joe and your rigs. I have no idea what to do first with my 2 door an every time I think I have a plan I se something that makes me go hmmm.

I just don't want to do like on the 4 door and buy something just to get me by. I want to build it piece by piece but I want it to be right. I really don't think I need bigger than 35s for the first couple years. That'll give me timeto beef up and get it ready for bigger.

I wonder if that one I saw is a member here? He was at 4wp but didn't say anything while I was gawking. He backed out and drove off. It was rescue green and had a Fox steering stabilizer. It looked like he wheeled it pretty hard. Also had the rugged ridge stinger which looked 1000 times better in person.

Keeping Austin Weird
post #7 of 53 Old 05-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ View Post
I would really like to go and I already have that whole wekend off from work so I think I should be able to swing it. I'm moving next weekend so I gotta see how much that wipes out before I commit.

We should get together sometime so I can see Joe and your rigs. I have no idea what to do first with my 2 door an every time I think I have a plan I se something that makes me go hmmm.

I just don't want to do like on the 4 door and buy something just to get me by. I want to build it piece by piece but I want it to be right. I really don't think I need bigger than 35s for the first couple years. That'll give me timeto beef up and get it ready for bigger.

I wonder if that one I saw is a member here? He was at 4wp but didn't say anything while I was gawking. He backed out and drove off. It was rescue green and had a Fox steering stabilizer. It looked like he wheeled it pretty hard. Also had the rugged ridge stinger which looked 1000 times better in person.
That's why I would like to have some jko cards in my glove-box. People don't remember websites, and handing someone a handwritten note seems very juvenile/ lame.

We have a pretty cool place to wheel here in Bastrop- pretty scenic, but not in the least challenging. Let me know if you can make K2 and if you want to meet up somewhere close to 71 in Austin on Sat morning- Mem wknd.

Rock Krawler is really getting some good reviews from what I see on their 3 1/2" mid-arm. That's what joe is running and he is on 37's (will prob be able to go to 40's with that lift eventually- dunno). There will be quite a few JK's at K2 as well, so that might be a good opportunity to get close and personal with some different lifts, and watch them in action too.

post #8 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 02:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
had a long arm'd 2dr JK come into the BMW dealership the other day, on 37s. Looked 'effin awesome. Wish there were more jacked up 2drs!
What rock are you hiding under dude? They're everywahere

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #9 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 05:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
What rock are you hiding under dude? They're everywahere
We'll I'm on my own island in the middle of the desert called las vegas. they are not everywhere. I can find all the 2dr JKs on 33s and 35s i want, definitely not 37s and up on a 2dr here...or not many at all.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #10 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
We'll I'm on my own island in the middle of the desert called las vegas. they are not everywhere. I can find all the 2dr JKs on 33s and 35s i want, definitely not 37s and up on a 2dr here...or not many at all.
He speaketh the truth... I've seen a grand total of one 2dr on 37's here.... BTW, IT WAS BADASSSSSSSS!! Only thing is, the dude only mall crawled with it...

post #11 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 07:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

We only have one 2 door on 37's down here in South Florida and that is Smokey. Hitmoney will have two 2 doors on 35's in the next week but they are also daily drivers.

As far as the MTR's, they are a big tire for the size. I parked next to one of the Mopar Underground guys in Moab and our tires were only inches apart. His 37" MTR made my 37" KM2 look small! It was like his tire was closer to a 38" and mine closer to a 36". Sorry no picture!

Hitmoney's 35's are going to be MTR's so we will see how they compare to my 37" KM2's.
post #12 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

Quote:

I am waiting on Joe to get his rig back on the road and then I am thinking of setting up a meet and greet for the Central Texas folks,,,,we can see each other at the runs like K2 also, but I thought it would be fun to have a local meet and greet somewhere to hang out and gawk at each others rigs and talk Jeeps....Every weekend here in Bastrop all the hot rodders get together on Sat nights to hang out and show off their hot rods, it would be fun to have Jeep Nights every now and again it sit around and do the same....Joe and I have talked about it , but never set anything up yet....

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #13 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
We only have one 2 door on 37's down here in South Florida and that is Smokey. Hitmoney will have two 2 doors on 35's in the next week but they are also daily drivers.

As far as the MTR's, they are a big tire for the size. I parked next to one of the Mopar Underground guys in Moab and our tires were only inches apart. His 37" MTR made my 37" KM2 look small! It was like his tire was closer to a 38" and mine closer to a 36". Sorry no picture!

Hitmoney's 35's are going to be MTR's so we will see how they compare to my 37" KM2's.
Yeah, I'll be sure to check the true height next time I buy tires... My 35" Nitto's measure out to be 33.5"

post #14 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
I am waiting on Joe to get his rig back on the road and then I am thinking of setting up a meet and greet for the Central Texas folks,,,,we can see each other at the runs like K2 also, but I thought it would be fun to have a local meet and greet somewhere to hang out and gawk at each others rigs and talk Jeeps....Every weekend here in Bastrop all the hot rodders get together on Sat nights to hang out and show off their hot rods, it would be fun to have Jeep Nights every now and again it sit around and do the same....Joe and I have talked about it , but never set anything up yet....
I will definitely be up for this so just let me know! I think it is a great idea!

Keeping Austin Weird
post #15 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Granite Guru

here's a couple picture of mine on Procomp 37s. The MTRs are definitely a taller tire. My jeep is a daily driver with 5.13 gears and it rides great.

the two TJs have 35 inch tires

one with some flex.
post #16 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Wheeler

Jeep looks great smokey
post #17 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Lovin it Smokey!

Keeping Austin Weird
post #18 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Granite Guru

Yep, I should have gotten 37's. But then you need to regear...........It goes on and on..........

35's on my ride do look smallish.

2009 JK Rubicon:
post #19 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

I think abendx has 37 MTRs........ i think. Look in the Poison Spyder small ass bumper thread, i think he has some pics of it.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #20 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Rock God

I will be upgrading to 40s during the next couple weeks--with my current 3" OME HD springs and 1" BL.

Here is my JK on 37s:

post #21 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
I will be upgrading to 40s during the next couple weeks--with my current 3" OME HD springs and 1" BL.

Here is my JK on 37s:

I saw your thread. Are you gonna put one here? I tried to reply over there but those nazis are on to me and my Sacajaweea screen name. LOL!

When I read that I thought to myself DAMMIT! Always raising the bar!!

I can't see the pictures either...

Keeping Austin Weird
post #22 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I saw your thread. Are you gonna put one here? I tried to reply over there but those nazis are on to me and my Sacajaweea screen name. LOL!

When I read that I thought to myself DAMMIT! Always raising the bar!!

I can't see the pictures either...
I plan to post it there, here, and on jeepforum.

Co4lo did it on a RK 3.5" lift with RR flares on his 2 dr. White Widow did it with a 4" Rancho long arm on his 2 dr. The rest are over 4" that I have seen with 40s on 2 dr JKs--only a few others.

So I won't be the first, but if I can make it work with the OME HD springs that gave me barely over 3" in lift I might be one of the lowest without significant body modifications.

I expect the front should clear fine with 2.5" extended bumpstops, adjusted steering stops, and a narrower front bumper.

The rear might require 3.5" rear extended bumpstops, adjustable rear lower control arms to move the axle back 1", and generous trimming of the fender well pinch seam.

Hydro assist steering will be on my short list. Maybe the Teraflex air bumpstops would be a good idea for the rear. I might truss the front axle even though it already has Mount Logan sleeves and Off Road Evolution gussets.

I have a friend fabricating a new rear bumper for me similar to the Poly Performance design with some improvements.

post #23 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Oh, i forgot to mention in my above post that i have a 2 door with 37" KM2s. There are pics somewhere on here.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #24 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I can't wait to follow your build Anthony! My post referee to co4lo's when it was originally on 40s, I thought that might have been some of your motivation. Ha ha!

What I'd give to be able to be the first to do something. Ha ha! You guys blow my mind. I have no use for 40s but I would like to end up on 37s daily driven. I've got alot of work ahead of me.

What are you gonna do with those black rocks that are on there now?

Keeping Austin Weird
post #25 of 53 Old 05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Rock God

Quote:
What are you gonna do with those black rocks that are on there now?
Initially, the plan is to keep the 37" KM2s on them to run in the winter. My Dana 44s might not hold up to deep snow wheeling on 40s locked--even with sleeves, gussets, and chromoly shafts. So, the initial plan is to only run the 40s until the snow gets deep.

Also, the Black Rock 909s come with a dual bolt pattern--5x5 and 5x5.5. So, if if I ever find myself running Dana 60s with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern, I can use them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode