RADIO CLOCKS SLOWS ! and battery upgrade? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Angry RADIO CLOCKS SLOWS ! and battery upgrade?

i bought my 08 jku about two years ago and the dealer installed a new battery when i bought it. the clock on the radio(non uconnect) will go two to three minutes slow . i set it and it goes slow again WTF ! has any body else seen this ? ive been thinking of upgrading the battery anyways , wut kind of battery set up do you guys recommend? dual Odyssey or dual optima ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 05:22 AM
Rock God

How long does it take to be 2 to 3 minutes slow? Is it all at once? Or over some length of time?

I don't see how it's the battery. Lots of other strange things would happen if the battery was at fault.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #3 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 AM
Wheeler

Mine does the exact same thing. It will take it a few weeks and be a little behind again. It has become a ritual like changing oil or rotating tires.....update the clock

Funny thing is that the clock in my wife's car actually speeds up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010, 2.5 Teraflex Coil Lift, Cooper Discoverer STT'S 295/70/17, Mickey Thompson's, Bushwacker Flares
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

i have seen weak a battery cause odd faults . every once in a while it wont want to crank over , ill have to hit the key a few times and take the trans from park to 1st and it will turn over an light off. the clock will go slow over a few week period . i was mostly curious to see if it was a common JK problem .
post #5 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

There is a TSB for this:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226841

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Rock God

My 07 looses at least 3 min. a month , didn't know there was a TSB but like others have said I wouldn't trust the Monkeys at the Dealership to fix the real issue without screwing up the task or destroying something else .
post #7 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I would like to know if anyone with an aftermarket deck is having this issue or if it's just the stock radio.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Granite Guru

Most likely just the stock radio. After market radios are so much better than any of the factory radios. The sound improvement is not subtle.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut707 View Post
the clock will go slow over a few week period . i was mostly curious to see if it was a common JK problem .
Mine was a few minutes slow over a couple week period. Then the JK went in for some warranty work and in the process they did some computer updates. The clock has been much better since, gaining a minute a month.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #10 of 15 Old 08-28-2015, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
TSB

So
can some one educate me on the TSB's . in my mind its something the stealership should take care of but i know reality is different . before i got to the dealership and ask about this can this be done with a higher end scanner? and on another note im 3 minutes slow as of this morning .
post #11 of 15 Old 08-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Wheeler

tsb

Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Replace the WCM/SCREEM, follow the remove and installation procedure per
TechConnect: Vehicle Theft Security/MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer
(SKREEM)/Removal/installation.
2. Make sure to read and follow all notes regarding key Transponders and Tire pressure sensor reprogramming.
3. Clear all codes that may have been set during the replacement procedure

So what does the Dealer need to do to fix this...What needs to be ripped apart?? SKREEM....What exactly is this. Mine has lost time since new in 2012...

~Ed~
post #12 of 15 Old 08-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Pursell View Post
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Replace the WCM/SCREEM, follow the remove and installation procedure per
TechConnect: Vehicle Theft Security/MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer
(SKREEM)/Removal/installation.
2. Make sure to read and follow all notes regarding key Transponders and Tire pressure sensor reprogramming.
3. Clear all codes that may have been set during the replacement procedure

So what does the Dealer need to do to fix this...What needs to be ripped apart?? SKREEM....What exactly is this. Mine has lost time since new in 2012...
If you have this done, bring all of your keys for the Jeep. Otherwise your spare key will no longer work.

And your post contains your answer "Vehicle Theft Security/MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer". In other words, they replace the the security module.

Also, be prepared to laugh at the dealership once they tell you the cost to have this performed. Since this is not a recall, they will want to charge you for the complete service.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, and more to come...
post #13 of 15 Old 08-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Wheeler

Both my wife's Liberty ('11) and my wrangler ('12) have this problem. We generally like the uconnect radios and their features, the sound is fine, I'll just reset the time every month or so, no big deal, certainly not worth a trip to the dealer !
post #14 of 15 Old 08-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Granite Guru

The WCM need to be replace and programed along with all the keys reprogramed as well.
post #15 of 15 Old 08-31-2015, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for shits and grinns i call my local dealership to ask "how much to do the service bulletin to get the clock to keep time ? $129 ............ never mind . i guess its not that bad ........ its defenetly not 129 dollars bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode