Shocks with a tad more compression protection - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Shocks with a tad more compression protection

Hi.

I know the Rancho RS9000's are adjustable and I just received an email from them that the adjustment favors the rebound action more than compression.

At factory height has anyone installed a shock that they tried to compress by hand and thought holy crap this thing is stiff?

There is more to the story in my hello thread,but I know someone here has the experience to point me in the right direction.

5100'&5150-60's are off the book due to length at my height. I'm not doing Fox or King shocks. They to me just aren't worth the investment for my usage.

With my height I have 1" to the bump stops and that still leaves 3" until the shock bottoms out.

So if I am using "factory length" shocks I'm still fine, but I want a hard to compress shock recommendation.

Any thoughts?

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 09:20 AM
JKO Addict!

7000's

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 09:36 AM
JKO Addict!

OME shocks. Not adjustable but also no know to get ripped off.

I also recently discovered that my favorite shock company for road cars, Koni, has a set of shocks for stock height jeeps but not lifted jeeps. Koni shocks are adjustable but I probably no knob. usually you have to detatch at least one end of the shocks, collapse it all the way to engage the adjuster and then twist CW or CCW. I don't remember.

part numbers from Koni are:

Front 8240-1262
Rear 8240-1263

http://www.koni-na.com

http://www.amazon.com/Koni-8240-1262.../dp/B009EPRRY4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Looked at the Koni's they are only rebound adjustable.

So basically the same as a RS9000.

Keep em coming
post #5 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Looking at 7000's now. Doing some reading
post #6 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 09:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Even the new 5000x
Stiffer shock but nice over bumps.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #7 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 12:22 PM
JKowners Vendor

Have you looked at stock height Bilsteins?
24-141727
24-141734

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Granite Guru

not sure about the actual length you need for stock or 1" lift as its been a while since I played with a jeep like that but check out these I found online

8 step adjustable compression... maybe if they don't come in the right size you would need a company to fabricate you some mounts to make them work well for you! the cost isn't bad either

http://www.profendersuspension.com/S...YE-_p_156.html

2012 JKU, shaved 14/SD60hp locked/spooled, 4 link Front 3 link rear, ORis all around, D3 all over, 42" SX2 tires, 20" Trail ready HD double beadlocks, PSC Full hydro
post #9 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Those custom ones look like they'd be amazing but about $1500 by the time I get them up to canada ?

The Bilsteins I ran on my previous Jeep and was really happy. Just not sure they are stuff enough and trying to stick to a polyurethane bushing which also counts out the other Rancho choices listed.

Think I might just have to bite the bullet and hope I can get the 9000's to adjust where I'm hoping to get to.

Your input is muchly appreciated though all.

If anyone has anything to add I'm three weeks out from buying so feel free.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode