VIBRATIONS AGAIN - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

VIBRATIONS AGAIN

I have posted a few times about vibrations in my jeep. I feel them through the gas pedal which i have heard numerous times that nothings hooked up to the gas pedal. This morning the tire inflation light came on...checked the inflation they were all at 35psi (tire says 44psi max). The light went out later in the day. And when I put it in reverse I got massive vibrations....also goin about 50 down the highway I got them too....

I want to get this figured out before I install my lift and the dealership can find a way out of the warranty. Please help

Danny

2008 Wrangler X
-3.5" Rubicon Express Lift
-Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
-Rancho High-clearance Steering Stab
-Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyJK08 View Post
I have posted a few times about vibrations in my jeep. I feel them through the gas pedal which i have heard numerous times that nothings hooked up to the gas pedal. This morning the tire inflation light came on...checked the inflation they were all at 35psi (tire says 44psi max). The light went out later in the day. And when I put it in reverse I got massive vibrations....also goin about 50 down the highway I got them too....

I want to get this figured out before I install my lift and the dealership can find a way out of the warranty. Please help
did you check you spare tire pressure? if it is low it will cause the low pressure light to come on

Assuming that you have checked all the suspension components and everything is in good order...
Have you done anything to your tires lately? how old are they? how many miles do you have on them? have you ever rotated them? Any excessive cupping on the tires? How is your wheel alignment?
Maybe your tires are badly worn, cupping or out of balance and etc. It can sometimes cause low speed vibrations.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I didn't check my Spare. As for the tires...they are a little old. The only problem I see with the suspension is the steering stab. It's leaking quite a bit...but a new one is on the way. I'm worried it's a worn engine mount or a bad driveshaft/u joint. The engine shakes quite a bit when first starts but that might be normal.

Danny

2008 Wrangler X
-3.5" Rubicon Express Lift
-Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
-Rancho High-clearance Steering Stab
-Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Granite Guru

I had the same thing. I started feeling vibrations at about 52 mph. I took it to a tire shop and they noticed the tires were cupping (getting flat spots), and they had to shave the front tires a bit. One thing they noted was these:

He highly recommended taking them off. If you're missing one or two they can throw your wheels off balance because the wheel will seat further in on the bolt than it would if there was a spacer/washer on there.

2009 Wrangler X Sport, Silver
BFG KM2's
2.5" Rough Country suspension lift
Rough Country Disconnects
Rubicon Rock Rails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode