Installing the Rear Seat in a 2-Door - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Installing the Rear Seat in a 2-Door

Am I the only one that has problems installing the factory rear seat in a 2-door?

Last night I felt like taking it, throwing it into the street, dousing it in lighter fluid, and calling it a day! 👿

First, when you're putting it in, it is a PITA lining up the front brackets. Then, there is a spring that makes the thing move back and forth, which presumably is to lock it against the rear brackets once latched.

Next, those fawking rear brackets do not latch well. You pull the seat down, and then pull the top back (to engage the latch), and it doesn't latch. Then you wiggle it, and lift it up slightly, and it latches but now it is up too high and latched outside of the bracket!

I do have a rear mat in the back, which makes it a little harder, but it shouldn't be this difficult.

Maybe my patience was dwindling because I just worked for 6 hours Friday and 17 hours on Saturday completing the first phase of my build...

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3496010

Any ideas on latching these stupid seats is appreciated.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 07:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

Insert the hooks at very front. Then latch the front down; then pull down the seat toward the back to latch the back seat. Then unfold it.

It IS annoying

Edit:

It helps to have the front seats slid forward so you can angle the rear seat on the front hooks first

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #3 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Wheeler

Hey Cruzcode, that is my experience exactly, so I don't think you're doing it wrong, its just a PITA. Plus that seat is hella heavy and those little hooks like to scratch everything they touch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 01:17 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

LOL
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Wheeler

HUGE PITA -- like stated earlier i always have both front seats all the way forward -- then while the front hooks are latched i unfold the rear seat in mid air without activating the rear latches -- once the seat is fully open and swinging on the front hinges i slam it down -- usually works -- i also have the rubber mat in back which seems to make it alot harder to latch in the rear
post #6 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks guys. Yep, I've resigned to the fact that it is just a PITA!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #7 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
LOL

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #8 of 9 Old 08-18-2015, 11:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
LOL

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
post #9 of 9 Old 08-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Granite Guru

I've never really had a problem, line up the front hooks and slam the back down. Gotta make sure the front hooks are all the way in, otherwise it's not gonna work.

2014 Billet Silver 2-Door Sport on 37's with a bunch of other expensive chit
Cutts Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode