Currie / Dynatrac Dealers??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Currie / Dynatrac Dealers???

Just want to know if there are any vendors here who deal with either Currie or Dynatrac. Am looking to price out a front Dana 60 assembly and get it shipped to Canada. Would like to find out if it'll be any cheaper even with paying duties/shipping than dealing with a local "store" (it usually is...)

Am looking for a true one tonne JK front end. So full-sized knuckles, 5 x 5.5 to clear the hub (wish 5x5 would but not everything can be that easy), locking or not, semi-float, bigger brake rotors / calipers would be nice, probably 4.88's or 5.13's (have a manual with 35's now, 37's or 38's future max size). Now, the wonky thing; I'd like to put an Eaton E-Locker in there (preferably pre-installed). I've noticed that the Currie's seem to come pre-plumbed for an ARB. I refuse to run one up north here, the winter destroys them. If there's an option for tube thicknesses, I'll take the heavier wall. High-steer, with a tie-rod. I basically want to add gear oil, hook the abs, brake and locker lines up and call it a day. If I HAVE to get the gears / locker installed here I know a guy, but I'd like to make it easier on myself.

Any vendor help is GREATLY appreciated.

Keep in mind I'm in Calgary Alberta.

Reply here, PM me, or give me a phone# and I'll give you a call.

Thanks.

2007 2D 6SPD JK X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 AM
JKO Addict!

When I was getting ready to buy my 60's. I really wanted the Eaton E locker's. I called both supplier's that you mentioned. I don't know why. But both of them talked me out of it. Call them and talk to David at Currie and Steve at Dynatrac. Things might have changed since then. I've had my 60s for over a year now. No issue's what so ever. I bought Dynatrac's Pro rocks. ARB's. Maybe its because they had lot's of ARB's in stock. I don't know. Good Luck!
post #3 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

My problem with ARB's is the cold up here destroys compressors, gets moisture in lines, and hardens air lines up to the point they often crack and leak. Pretty much every time I've gone winter wheeling someone in the group has ARB issues, new or old style. Guess what season they're most useful for here..... winter.

If they don't want to do Eaton's because they've likely never done them before, that's fine. I'll buy them open and do the locker install here. But thanks for the heads up.

2007 2D 6SPD JK X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I just went through this talk with Scott @ Dynatrac (he's on the board so shoot him a PM). His advice was to NOT use the Elocker in a D60. I'm looking at a D60 rear in my near future and I'll most likely get a Detroit in it.

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Curious, I'll have to ask him why he's so adamant about it. I know their old style carrier had a sticking in the locked position problem, but I've only read good things about the newer design.

2007 2D 6SPD JK X
post #6 of 6 Old 05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Wheeler

If you are interested and set on E-Locker we can do it, but it is not what we recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode