How hard to install budget boost - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

How hard to install budget boost

Hey guys thanks for all the info on the lifts.Now next question-How hard is it to install one of the budget boost kits,i.e spacers,shocks and anything else involved.How good do the spacer kits hold up?I'm not going to do any real rough stuff but would like it reliable.Oh yeah I'm just talking one of the 2.5,3" kits......Thanks again.......Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

So easy a caveman could do it....i think there are a couple write up here somewhere, take a look in the writeup section, if i remember correctly, its there, but I might be thinking of one of the other 8 forums I hang out on

Edit: here ya go
https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread...t=Budget+Boost

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #3 of 4 Old 04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

the teraflex bb was very easy to do in my opinion.a spring compressor is not needed but is useful.but we jacked the rear differently than most do.

id say the hardest part about it was getting the rear shock extensions on.but drilling the reartrackbar bracket took the longest. once you do one side the other side is a lot easier.
and if you get into and you realize your in too deep there a plenty of guys that will come over and help you or will help you thru the whole thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Wheeler

I managed to install a Poly Performance stage III lift over the weekend. More than a budget lift...in addition to springs/shocks, had to install control arms on front/rear, high steer drag link, brake line extensions, some other stuff that I don't recall offhand.

Anyway, I'm not a mechanic and before I started I didn't know what a tie rod was, a draglink, or many other things. Google works wonders. If you can take your time, figure out what parts go where, you should be able to do it. I'm no genius and I managed it. Also helps if you can find a 3-day weekend to get it done. You'll hit a snag that will double or triple the estimated time you'd expect to get done.

Keep in mind you'll need metric sockets/wrenches in sizes from about 12mm-21mm. That delayed me a goodly amount of time figuring that one out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode