How should I lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

How should I lift

Hey guys pretty new to this.I want to do a moderate lift,2.5 to3".What is the best way?Do I need different shocks?The Jeep only has 19,000 miles.Thanks for the help.....Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Granite Guru

What are your goals? What size tire do you want to clear? Will you offroad every weekend or once a year or never? Will your off roading be extreme or just the occasional bump/rock? Is articulation important to you? Do you want to maintain on road handling characteristics close to stock or not? Want a firmer ride or something more plush?

What I'm getting at is nobody should be able to give you decent advice until we know what YOU want to be able to do in your Jeep. Fill us in with a little more of the story...
post #3 of 6 Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you plan on wheeling it, I would get a kit that has replacement springs and shocks. If you don't wheel it, a "Budget Boost" will do you fine. A BB is a set of spacers that go on top of the coils to give you more lift. Just make sure you get new shocks with it.
If you do a search on here, there is plenty of great info on BB's and coil replacements.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

No real hard wheeling,I go to Colorado once a year so highway driving comfort is a plus.Colorado consists of doing the Alpine Loop and surrounding areas,Black Bear pass and others I have done in a stock rented Jeep,but would like just a little more piece of mind for my own vehicle.I do off road on occasion,but nothing ever very rough.Just wanted a little more clearance and maybe going to a larger tire in the future.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Rock God

Garage

sounds like a budget boost would be best for you if you are only doing the light stuff.

i have seen people do a lot with those lifts... just know that a BB may lead to other more 'complete' lifts in the future if you get the wheeling bug

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #6 of 6 Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joePILE View Post
just know that a BB may lead to other more 'complete' lifts in the future if you get the wheeling bug
The boat Im in. Listen to this man.

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode