Another "Will i get a lift from rubicon springs" questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Another "Will i get a lift from rubicon springs" questions

Sorry for the repeat but i just spent the last hour at work trying to get straight yes or no answer. everyone has an option on how much lift they think they get but some dont mention 2 dr or 4dr some dont mention if spring are from 2dr or 4dr so here i am.....

i have a 2008 2 door wrangler x bone stock

i have springs from a 4 door unlimited rubicon with tow package.
i checked the numbers and i have the 19 and 60 so they are the "stiffest" springs out there from what i have read.

so now with this info -- by putting 4dr stiff springs on my 2 dr will there be a lift or just stiffer ride?

i have a budget boost already sitting in the living room and im only looking for 2-3" lift so depending on what the spring do i may or may not install the boost

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

The short answer is yes you will get some lift.

The more detailed answer is it really depends. Are the Rubicon springs off of a new or low mileage Rubicon? If so you can expect to gain some lift, but only about an inch maybe an inch and a half. If the springs are off an older Rubi, or one that has high miles or a lot of heavy mods then they could be somewhat worn out and you wont get nearly as much lift from them.

Also if the Rubicon Springs are the 19/60's and your current springs are say 17/58's you wont gain much of anything. The wider the gap in your numbers translates into more of a lift.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #3 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ok great info i wasnt aware of...

The rubi was a 2014 and everything was taken off at 4000 miles

Honestly i wasn't hoping for any lift... i just thought for $100 i basically got new shocks and springs compared to my old worn out 100k ones

So now with my 2.5" boost im possibly in 3" to 4" range....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Granite Guru

What are your spring numbers ?
post #5 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Stock are 13/56
post #6 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiek View Post
Stock are 13/56
19s and 60s will get you some lift, but honestly cant say how much. 2 inches would be near I'd think.
post #7 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Let's say that it is 2 inches. ... will this be a long term lift or sag overtime?

Anyone else can confirm lift height?
post #8 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 06:32 PM
TJT
Rock God

I helped a buddy with his 07 2 door X a couple years ago with the springs/shocks off a two year old 4 door Rubicon.

I don't recall the specific height, but it was somewhere between 2 and 2.5 inches front and rear. Didn't look like it was "lifted," just refreshed.

His X was completely stock with full doors and a soft top. (No winch, etc.)

Well worth the $100.
post #9 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Let's say that it is 2 inches. ... will this be a long term lift or sag overtime?

Anyone else can confirm lift height?
Just like big breasts.......gonna sag over time. Too many variables to know how much.

Also depends on winch,bumper, any additional wt. you add.
post #10 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 06:40 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

It's probably going to be about 1 3/4 to 2 inches of lift and level the front. The ride will be a little firmer, but similar to new, stock springs. I would skip the budget boost, get some shocks for a 2 inch lift, bump stops for whatever size tire you're running and drive it for a while. It might be enough lift for what you are doing then you can start upgrading track bars, control arms, etc. to dial in caster and re-center your axles. Then if it's not enough lift add the budget boost or get aftermarket lift springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #11 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lol mullet

Thats basically what i was debating. ... either keep stock springs and boost it up with the spacers and newused rubicon shocks and extensions

Or hold off completely on boost and just run rubicon setup

Im looking at a 285/70r18 to run on the jeep
post #12 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 07:02 PM
jkx
Wheeler

Will he need spacers?

Quote:
Sorry for the repeat but i just spent the last hour at work trying to get straight yes or no answer. everyone has an option on how much lift they think they get but some dont mention 2 dr or 4dr some dont mention if spring are from 2dr or 4dr so here i am.....

i have a 2008 2 door wrangler x bone stock

i have springs from a 4 door unlimited rubicon with tow package.
i checked the numbers and i have the 19 and 60 so they are the "stiffest" springs out there from what i have read.

so now with this info -- by putting 4dr stiff springs on my 2 dr will there be a lift or just stiffer ride?

i have a budget boost already sitting in the living room and im only looking for 2-3" lift so depending on what the spring do i may or may not install the boost

Thanks
I asked that same question a while back 'cause I was planning on doing the same thing to my stock 09 X... never got to do it.

Now I need new shocks and will get the 18/59's or 19/60's shocks/springs take-offs.

On my other post, someone mentioned he added 3/4" spacers in the front to level it out when he did his.

Will we need spacers too?
Please don't guess... answer only if you have done this yourself or helped someone and know the answer.

Thanks.
post #13 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Lol mullet

Thats basically what i was debating. ... either keep stock springs and boost it up with the spacers and newused rubicon shocks and extensions

Or hold off completely on boost and just run rubicon setup

Im looking at a 285/70r18 to run on the jeep
Glad I could help

I'm kinda in same situation as you, but I'm 4 dr and already have 17s and 58s, and have the leveling kit. I put a winch and bumper on and sagged the front. I was debating getting a set of 19s for the front, but I'm just gonna wait and buy a lift kit a bit down the road.
post #14 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Wheeler

Hey - I just did this exact thing... I had a stock Sport and installed some 19/60's like you have and I added the Teraflex leveling kit. I got about 3" of lift and it looks and rides awesome! Only surprise was the shop telling me I had to add new track bars which was an extra $800....oh well, it needed it and the final product is exactly what I wanted. Make sure you use a good that you can trust, other than that you should be fine. I bought new 33" BFG AT's and have been offroad with no rubbing under any conditions......
post #15 of 34 Old 08-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Rock God

I have rubicon springs and shocks just saying if anybody wants them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Maybe they just corrected your ridiculous mistake. Who the fuck orders chrome anything?
post #16 of 34 Old 08-05-2015, 05:07 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkx View Post
I asked that same question a while back 'cause I was planning on doing the same thing to my stock 09 X... never got to do it.

Now I need new shocks and will get the 18/59's or 19/60's shocks/springs take-offs.

On my other post, someone mentioned he added 3/4" spacers in the front to level it out when he did his.

Will we need spacers too?
Please don't guess... answer only if you have done this yourself or helped someone and know the answer.

Thanks.
I ran 18/59 springs and it sat level. I also added wheel spacers.

Here's a pic:

Quote:
Quote:
post #17 of 34 Old 08-05-2015, 05:10 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrego View Post
Hey - I just did this exact thing... I had a stock Sport and installed some 19/60's like you have and I added the Teraflex leveling kit. I got about 3" of lift and it looks and rides awesome! Only surprise was the shop telling me I had to add new track bars which was an extra $800....oh well, it needed it and the final product is exactly what I wanted. Make sure you use a good that you can trust, other than that you should be fine. I bought new 33" BFG AT's and have been offroad with no rubbing under any conditions......
Did you do anything to correct caster?

Quote:
Quote:
post #18 of 34 Old 08-05-2015, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrego View Post

So COMBINED you got 3" overall. .... how tall were the teraflex spacers?

I see teraflex has 1.5 leveling kit now

So did you get a 1.5 lift front and back from the springs and leveled the front for a total of 3"?

Or did you actually get 3" front and back and then leveled the front? Putting front at 4.5?

Last edited by misiek; 08-05-2015 at 08:53 AM.
post #19 of 34 Old 08-05-2015, 07:42 AM
jkx
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
19/60's? 18/59's?
What mileage?
post #20 of 34 Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Wheeler

Complete alignment was done twice so I assume it was addressed..the shop that did the work was an alignment shop w/ 40 years experience
post #21 of 34 Old 08-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Wheeler

Teraflex leveling kit says 2" front and 1" rear... I'm thinking I have an overall 3" lift with all said and done......it's hard to measure as I'm sure you know....:-)
post #22 of 34 Old 08-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Gib
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Really, I'll buy you a beer at the Taphouse for em.
post #23 of 34 Old 08-08-2015, 01:32 AM
Granite Guru

I had 13/55, took out the back seat, added a Warn Elite (104 pounds), added rubi shocks and 17 front springs. It sits level and will most likely be level with a winch and synthetic line. I have 59 springs for the rear in case the rear bumper/tire carrier weigh it down in the back.

The springs will sag over time, but will never sag to the point of your stock springs. They are designed for a heavier vehicle, so when you weigh it down, they will be up to the challenge.

The jump from 13-15 to 17-19 will net a lift. The 10A springs are the stiffest.
post #24 of 34 Old 08-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Granite Guru

The longest and stiffest factory springs are part numbers 68196006AA for the front and 68196009AA for the rear. These springs are normally found on 4 door 10th Anniversary Rubicons with hard top and the tow package. Not all 10th Anniversary Rubicons came with these springs, some came with 18's or 19's in the front and 59's or 60's in the rear. I don't believe any of the 2 door 10th Anniversary Rubicons came with the 6006 & 6009 springs. The 6006 & 6009 springs were to give 1/2" of additional height to the 4 door 10th Anniversary Rubicon models. On a 2 door these springs will give between 2.25" and 2.5" of real lift. My own personal plan is to use the 6006 spring up front with 58's and Teraflex 1/2" spacers in the rear. I'm using a slightly shorter spring in the rear with a spacer because I want the spring retainer that the Teraflex spacer provides.
post #25 of 34 Old 08-14-2015, 12:50 PM
jkx
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
I ran 18/59 springs and it sat level. I also added wheel spacers.

Here's a pic:

How much lift did you get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode