Gas Pedal Probs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Gas Pedal Probs

Hey Ya'll hoping someone can tell me where to look for this.

I'm feeling a vibration in my gas pedal. It seems to happen when I let off the gas or whenever I hit a bump or something. It doesn't do it all the time, just when it feels like it. I'm kinda worried about it. I'm putting my lift in this week but not if it's gunna mess with this more.

Also, my steering seems really lose, almost a deathwobble but would that happen with a stock jeep? I'm thinking maybe the steering stab is worn out, which i'm changing this weekend anyway. Please help.

Last questions...once i change my suspension...is that gunna kill my waranty?

Danny

2008 Wrangler X
-3.5" Rubicon Express Lift
-Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
-Rancho High-clearance Steering Stab
-Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

No idea of the cause of the gas pedal vibration. Might check it for any stored codes. Could just be some bad gas, a computer issue, motor mount, throttle sensor, etc.

Please don't change out your stabilizer. The stabilizer is not CAUSING the issue- so why mask over it? Sounds like a lose track-bar, balancing issue, worn out control arm bushing, etc. I would check to see if anything seems lose. Look under (lie under the front end) while someone turns the steering wheel full lock left and right. Look at the control arms, pitman arm, track-bar, etc.

Will a lift void a warranty? Each dealership has their own criteria, regarding what will and will not void your warranty- at least in terms of whether or not that particular dealership will address an issue under warranty. As a rule of thumb- if a certain modification can be determined (by said dealership) to have caused a failure to another component of your Jeep- then they can make the call that due to the modification- that repair/ replacement will not be warrantied.....but again, it really depends on the dealership and whether or not they are off-road/ modification friendly. Best way to know what your particular dealership is willing to do.....is to simply tell them what your intentions are, and ask them if those modifications will void your warranty. A good dealership (off-road friendly) will in most cases not say (for example) that larger tires or a suspension lift is the cause for an engine or electrical/ computer problem....but say you have an issue with your axle or wheels- then they might certainly say that the aftermarket suspension lift was the culprit.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Please don't change out your stabilizer. The stabilizer is not CAUSING the issue- so why mask over it?
I'm not changing the stabilizer for that reason...i'm changing it because the place I order my parts from felt bad because I ordered a top 2 months ago and it's not in and they "lost" another lift kit i had ordered so they threw it in with the new lift kit as a show of faith and that they're sorry. So if its free why not throw it on right? A new track bar comes with the lift too so we'll see if that fixes it...

Danny

2008 Wrangler X
-Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

The reason why now is not the time to change it out (or when the new one arrives), is because you may put the new one on, and if it is better at dampening than the old one....then you will be left feeling like the problem has gone away. Plus- a new one may make it harder to determine what the issue actually is. I wouldn't change it out until you have tracked down the actual issue. Something is lose or in need of adjustment currently. I would find it and fix it before doing anything further.

Also- the new track bar will only help if it is an adjustable one (unless one of the ends has become worn out or elongated). It is not likely that you have an issue with your actual track-bar. It is more likely an adjustment (lack of adjustment) issue....or simply that your current one needs to be tightened (torqued) on one end or the other....possibly both ends).

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well the steering issue isn't a big deal...its only on the high way at like 65 mph...i expect it to be a little more sensitive during those conditions. The vibration is what I need to find...

Danny

2008 Wrangler X
-Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
post #6 of 6 Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Granite Guru

The JK is a drive by wire, so the gas pedal shouldn't be vibrating any more than the rest of the cab unless it's loose. That is, the pedal isn't tied to the engine via a linkage like older Jeeps. I'd make sure the pedal assembly isn't loose and is secure to the floor. Outside of that, I'm not sure there's much else to check or worry about.

-Randy

2007 JKU (ex)Rubicon w/bolt-ons: LS3 / 6L80E Synergy Long Arm 4.5" Lift 40"s Dana 60s PSC Hydro etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode