Rugged Ridge Okay? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rugged Ridge Okay?

I'm looking for some middle of the road armor for my JK. Is Rugged Ridge an okay company to buy from? Just looking at control arm, diff, and exhaust skids. The price is right and they are a division of OMIX-ADA.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Rock God

I would say thay their products are fine for what you are looking for. I plan on buying their base front bumper when the time comes.

There are lots and lots of guys on the forum running their stuff as well as smittybilt who I would say is a comparable company.

Hopefully some others will chime in here as well!

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping Austin Weird
post #3 of 13 Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I'm definitely picking up that bumper. It gets rid of the plastic battering ram for only $369 with the option of using my factory fogs and adding a winch later. What's not to like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Granite Guru

I got the front skid (sway bar motor) and I'm completely satisfied with it. It was a little difficult to install, but that was because my bash bar was already bent.

I know nothing about the rest of their products.

KD8NHC
08 4 Door Rubicon
Member of Two Trackers 4wd Club
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
post #5 of 13 Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Granite Guru

I have got several things from RR. Bumper, Stinger & Winch, I had aproblem with a winch lever they went out of there way to fix my problem every thing else I bought fit great and I have not had any issues. Great Company good product good price.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Granite Guru

I have their modular bumper with the end caps and stinger, I like all of it and it all fit without any tweaking which is a plus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Semper Fi
9th Annual Low Country Mud Rats Jeep Show / Poker Run / Pub Crawl
Sept 17-19 Savannah, Ga
Click link below for info and registration!

post #7 of 13 Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Granite Guru

I do not care for Rugged Ridge products. Poor fit, finish and quality. Just my opinion. Theres a reason that thier prices are low, you get what you pay for.

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
post #8 of 13 Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

As Rider said, their stuff is not exactly great, and you get what you pay for. As for an exhaust skid, just get a different muffler. Aftermarket does not equal loud. For the diff covers, go River Raider- support forum supporters Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
post #9 of 13 Old 04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Rugged Ridge Front Bumper

We have the front Modular Bumper with the end caps (great for removing small trees, that would dent the OEM Plastic Bumper) and have the air dam skid plate, both went on just fine (no drama). We also have the Rugged Ridge Side Steps/Nerf Bars[only thing out there when we bought the 07 JK in early 08], not so thrilled with those (they get in the way when cresting hills) but have protected the side of the 2 door JK from trees (yes I have a thing againist evil trees). Had to straighten once or twice using a tow/recovery strap to pull the nerf bar away from the tires [saving up for River Raider Rock Sliders]. We also have the Rugged Ridge Head Light, Turn Signal, Marker Lights and Tail Light Guards (boss sayes for the kewl factor). As for the under body armor will more and likely go with the River Raider Skid Plate System (after the BB 2" lift). Also will get the Poison Spider Evap Tank skid plate.

07 X 2 door
Red Rock Crystal

www.militaryjeepers.com
post #10 of 13 Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've got both the front and rear bumper. I do like the looks of both, don't use a hi lift jack on the rear bumper.. it will bend... ask me how I know. The front bumper I got is the light bumper the hoop and skid with it.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #11 of 13 Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Wheeler

I have front/rear bumper, tire carrier, sway bar plate, and other odds and ends from them. I have had no problems with them and they are cheap...I would buy any of those items again from them..
post #12 of 13 Old 04-27-2010, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I agree with your assessment. I'm putting this stuff in areas where it is meant to be abused. Even the best built bumper will eventually look like crap. I'm spending 1/3 as much $$$, but as long as it functions what do I care? And it is better than MOPAR without the rediculous prices. It isn't like I'm replacing driveline or suspension parts with Rugged Ridge gear...
post #13 of 13 Old 04-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjump136 View Post
I agree with your assessment. I'm putting this stuff in areas where it is meant to be abused. Even the best built bumper will eventually look like crap. I'm spending 1/3 as much $$$, but as long as it functions what do I care? And it is better than MOPAR without the rediculous prices. It isn't like I'm replacing driveline or suspension parts with Rugged Ridge gear...
exactly. When it comes down to companies like RR and smittybilt you will always have people who bash their gear simply because it costs half as much as what they buy, or because its made in china. Now dont get me wrong I prefer to but American when I can, but if I can save a few hundred bucks I will (I am operating on a very limited budget afterall). I have a bunch of RR gear, modular bumper, pretty much all of my recovery gear, mirror relo brackets, as well as smitty winch, and deflators, I have not had a single hint of trouble with any of it. When it comes to things like skids, rock rails, or driveline parts however, I would go with the more specialized shops for sure. I am actually going back and forth right now between a set of poly skids of river raider skids.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode