Jeep JK Regaining "back pressure" - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-01-2015, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep JK Regaining "back pressure"

So all this talk about back pressure has my mind running..... Lol
So my plan is to throw a flow master 44 but I'm scared I will lose back pressure. I already took my stock exhaust of (looks a lot better off with my PSC rock brawler rear) and I noticed an immense lose in torque. I was backing out of a messed up parking lot and couldn't get out of a small hole at gear (I usually could). So yea if anyone could help me I would great appreciate it! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Define "Took off stock exhaust"
Did you put something else on, or did you whack it back to the downpipes or something?

Wanna make a little money?
Start with a lot of money, buy a Jeep.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-02-2015, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Derp View Post
Define "Took off stock exhaust"
Did you put something else on, or did you whack it back to the downpipes or something?
Sorry, removed the muffler and left everything from the rear axle forward as is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Rock God

The factory muffler does not put that much back pressure on your system that you would loose torque removing it. or at least not losing an amount you would instantly feel. Most of the restriction in your factory exhaust system is the Cats. To have real gains from the exhaust side of the motor you need to get more in on the intake side of it. The Internal Combustion engine is nothing more then a Big Air pump More that goes into it the more you get out of it,
post #5 of 6 Old 08-02-2015, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspevacek View Post
The factory muffler does not put that much back pressure on your system that you would loose torque removing it. or at least not losing an amount you would instantly feel. Most of the restriction in your factory exhaust system is the Cats. To have real gains from the exhaust side of the motor you need to get more in on the intake side of it. The Internal Combustion engine is nothing more then a Big Air pump More that goes into it the more you get out of it,
Thanks for clearifying and I'm running an Airaid intake and have noticed an improvement
post #6 of 6 Old 08-03-2015, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

No way removing the factory muffler caused that large of a loss in torque if any at all. On my supercharged 3.8, going to catless long tubes only lost 10 hp and somewhere around the same in torque.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode