2015 Rubicon Price.....Good/Bad?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2015 Rubicon Price.....Good/Bad??

Im new here and would like yalls thoughts on this price I was given for a 15 JKU Rubicon. Auto tranny, 4.10 gear upgrade, Alpine upgrade, Hardtop, connectivity group and remote start. MSRP is $41,865. He said he would sell it for $38,995 (about 7.X% off MSRP). The invoice is $39,605. Holdback is $1220. He told me he would sell at flat invoice and come back half of holdback to the 38995. He is my local dealer in Athens, Tx. I emailed probably 20 dealers in the DFW metroplex and only 1 really showed any interest. He offered the same deal on the two that were on his lot....flat invoice and split the holdback.

My local dealer does NOT have the Jeep on his lot and I cannot for the lift of me find where its at and he wont share the info of course. I have the VIN and invoice sheet but he covered up its shipped to point....lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via Yahoo to BigBadWilly

From what I understand, 4.10 gearing for a rubi is not an "upgrade", it is standard.

Tell them to give you the TrueCar pricing on it. If you run a TrueCar price quickly for those options, it roughly states

- MSRP of $41,760 (give or take)
- TrueCar price of $38,404 (reflects savings of $3,356)

I just bought my JKU a week ago, and it was 11% off MSRP through USAA, which uses TrueCar pricing with a minor tweak (plus I got $500 military discount)

I wouldn't budge with him over $38,500, IMHO

You can check the national inventory on Jeep.com with a search...
post #3 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 02:26 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadWilly View Post
From what I understand, 4.10 gearing for a rubi is not an "upgrade", it is standard.
It is an upgrade for the auto otherwise it is 3.73.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 02:28 PM
TJT
Rock God

Smart move on his part, as most people would do the same.

It's not hard to figure it out though. If you have someone that could do the search for you, you'll see inventory and inbound units. Likely since you can't find it, this is an inbound unit.

However, this could also be a sold unit. So if this is the Jeep you must have you will need to act quick before it is spoken for.

Dealer trades are a nightmare for everyone. Especially you, because you could be negotiating on a vehicle you're not even able to buy.

The price sounds good to me, It's not a steal, but it's not too greedy either. Then factor in they have to go get it for you and trade off something to get it, I think they're being reasonable.
post #5 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I looked thru 30 pages on Jeep.com. Wish you could narrow your search a little more on that....or maybe I just didnt figure it out. Im waiting on trade appraisal now. I dont think he is too far off his rocker on price. Not great, not crappy. I have a Control Number for work and he is beating that price....allthough its only 1% back from invoice.
post #6 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 06:41 PM
Rock God

Your talking about Elder Dodge in Athens I'm guessing?
Never actually seen anyone get hustled there, online prices are fair from what I've seen.
The prices don't seem bad though, seems like it's a good deal. Some places are far higher. Look in Tyler and falls for comparing prices. Autotrader the app allows you to search and adjust the radius for the area. You can search vehicle pretty specifically.

"Government is not the solution, it is the problem."
"We are never defeated unless we give up on GOD."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond.
post #7 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yeah in Athens. I was good with the price till we brought up the trade. My truck rough trade in is $46.5, average $48 and clean is $49.5. He shot me at $43.5....freakin insult. I owe 45 on it. Don Davis offered me 45k for it before they saw pics so were gettin closer.
post #8 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Rock God

Well they do have to turn a profit but that would be a breaking point for me. I wouldn't give my truck away. I looked at trading the jeep in earlier this week at Toliver in Corsicana for a truck, I was going to build a older jeep. But the numbers weren't right, and I walked. Always, always, always be able to walk.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 35 Old 07-31-2015, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I understand they have to turn a profit. There making money on the Jeep. There making money on financing and theres plenty of meat left on the bone on my truck. I told em I would take $47k for mine. Its a Platinum F350 leveled with 20s and 35" tires, RoadArmor front bumper with 4 LED cubes, Nfab side steps and 22k miles. Its a nice truck just want to do something else. They would try and sell it for $52-55k.
post #10 of 35 Old 08-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1978 View Post
Im new here and would like yalls thoughts on this price I was given for a 15 JKU Rubicon. Auto tranny, 4.10 gear upgrade, Alpine upgrade, Hardtop, connectivity group and remote start. MSRP is $41,865. He said he would sell it for $38,995 (about 7.X% off MSRP). The invoice is $39,605. Holdback is $1220. He told me he would sell at flat invoice and come back half of holdback to the 38995. He is my local dealer in Athens, Tx. I emailed probably 20 dealers in the DFW metroplex and only 1 really showed any interest. He offered the same deal on the two that were on his lot....flat invoice and split the holdback.

My local dealer does NOT have the Jeep on his lot and I cannot for the lift of me find where its at and he wont share the info of course. I have the VIN and invoice sheet but he covered up its shipped to point....lol.
I think that's a great deal!

EDIT: The rubicon not the trade in part... just read that...I traded my Sahara for the Rubicon and got a sweet trade in deal!!!

It's better than mine I got on my 15 Rubicon... Mine did not have the hardtop nor the alpine upgrade

Tammy

Last edited by Jeep Momma; 08-01-2015 at 08:03 AM.
post #11 of 35 Old 08-01-2015, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well heres the better news today. Another local dealer in Tyler is trying to make deal.

I have a white, silver and anvil Rubicon all located with auto, 4.10's, colormatched top, connectivity group and Alpine for MSRP of $42,370. There selling for invoice minus all holdback which comes to $38,813 and offering $47k for my truck. Were in the nickle and dime haggling now but looks good to me. Just got to pick a color. Is the anvil a grey or does it have a hint of blue in it??
post #12 of 35 Old 08-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Rock God

The anvil is more blue than grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.
post #13 of 35 Old 08-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Well heres the better news today. Another local dealer in Tyler is trying to make deal.

I have a white, silver and anvil Rubicon all located with auto, 4.10's, colormatched top, connectivity group and Alpine for MSRP of $42,370. There selling for invoice minus all holdback which comes to $38,813 and offering $47k for my truck. Were in the nickle and dime haggling now but looks good to me. Just got to pick a color. Is the anvil a grey or does it have a hint of blue in it??
Go for the anvil! I love that color!!!

Tammy
post #14 of 35 Old 08-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Rock God

Quote:

Anvil is an awesome color. There is definitely blue in it, it's not just grey. Sometimes the way the light hits it makes it look much more blue than grey, but there are times it looks mostly grey. As colors go, it hides the trail stripes really well, and cleans easily (doesn't show water spots, swirls, etc. very much). I'm very happy with the color.

Sounds like you are getting a decent deal at that place.
post #15 of 35 Old 08-01-2015, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yeah it was going very well....I tried to get him to go another $500 lower and he wont respond back to me. Im working in Oklahoma right now till Tuesday and have a dealer over in OKC that has some Jeeps with what Im looking for. Ive got a call into them also.
post #16 of 35 Old 08-02-2015, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Welp that turned out well. Went over to David Stanley Dodge Jeep in Norman and there set the anvil Rubi. Only option it had was hardtop, auto and 4.10 gears. Price was right at $39,730....I think it was. Rounded up a salesman and told him invoice - all holdback to a nice round number. It all worked out and I drove it home. Pretty excited to start workin on it!
post #17 of 35 Old 08-02-2015, 06:41 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Welp that turned out well. Went over to David Stanley Dodge Jeep in Norman and there set the anvil Rubi. Only option it had was hardtop, auto and 4.10 gears. Price was right at $39,730....I think it was. Rounded up a salesman and told him invoice - all holdback to a nice round number. It all worked out and I drove it home. Pretty excited to start workin on it!
Awesome! Congrats on the new Rubi!
post #18 of 35 Old 08-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Rock God

Now you need lift, rims, tires, bumpers, and a winch.

Ronald Reagan
post #19 of 35 Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yeah let the fun begin!!
post #20 of 35 Old 08-03-2015, 06:47 AM
Rock God

Marcus @ River City Offroad can hook you up with anything you need.

By the way if you need any help installing anything I live in Eureka, let me know if you need any help.

Ronald Reagan
post #21 of 35 Old 08-03-2015, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

10-4. Ill try to build most of my stuff. I have tubing bender, MIG, plasma, etc. Where is Eureka?
post #22 of 35 Old 08-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Rock God

2015 Rubicon Price.....Good/Bad??

Off 637,

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by MAC7; 08-03-2015 at 07:44 AM.
post #23 of 35 Old 08-03-2015, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Oh Ok. Im originally from Quitman up north of Tyler just a bit. I live halfway between Frankston and Palestine now....been there nearly 8 years and still dont know all the small towns around me...lol!
post #24 of 35 Old 08-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Granite Guru

I had the same issue when looking for mine here in dfw. Low ball on truck trade and wouldn't really budge on price of jeep. I ended up in Denver CO buying one there where they were very happy to deal on the jeep AND even before haggling on trade they came in 6k more than any dealer in Dallas.
post #25 of 35 Old 08-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Rock God

Trucks from the south go for a premium up north. Or places that use a lot of salt on their roads.

Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode