This 2010 Soft top is so cool! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

This 2010 Soft top is so cool!

I just installed the redesigned 2010 soft top and I have to say it is awesome! Jeep Is finally listening when we b!+€h! (Ok it's a small step.) Keeps the rain out pretty good too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Pics or it didn't happen

Seriously, I've heard of improvements to the top & would like to see em. The top on my 08 is startin to look a little ragged and I've got 40k of b2b warranty left... maybe I can score one and not have to drop $$$$ on a aftermarket top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Garage

VAST improvement in the 10.

No more tucking edges into the slot, and its spring loaded so one person can do it with ease. And it doesn't leak... well it doesn't leak yet.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I wonder if it can be retro fitted to earlier models????
post #5 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
JKO Addict!

It can be retrofitted as long as you have the door surrounds for the '10 model.
post #6 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittnthebz View Post
It can be retrofitted as long as you have the door surrounds for the '10 model.
How are they different then the 08 model?

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #7 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
Pics or it didn't happen

this. id like to see what theyve changed as well. ive heard good things

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #8 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 02:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
VAST improvement in the 10.

No more tucking edges into the slot, and its spring loaded so one person can do it with ease. And it doesn't leak... well it doesn't leak yet.

spring loaded? im gonna have to check this out
post #9 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Granite Guru

I got the dual tops with my 2010. I didn't even bother with the soft top. I've never had a Wrangler before so I'm not sure how it is different, but with the freedom tops I just don't see the point. If somebody in CO wants my soft top it is available.

SOLD to Vince. Thanks for the overwhelming response...now stop PMing me!

Last edited by Skyjump136; 04-25-2010 at 06:39 AM.
post #10 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjump136 View Post
I got the dual tops with my 2010. I didn't even bother with the soft top. I've never had a Wrangler before so I'm not sure how it is different, but with the freedom tops I just don't see the point. If somebody in CO wants my soft top it is available.
I could use it....PM me! Thanks
post #11 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince1 View Post
I could use it....PM me! Thanks
PM'd you.
post #12 of 25 Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
...And it doesn't leak... well it doesn't leak yet.
There are only two types of Jeep tops: those that leak, and those that will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run View Post
How are they different then the 08 model?
The 10's no longer have the plastic insert on the side of the top above the door that you have to slide into the channel of the door surround. Instead they have a spring-loaded cable that holds the sides taught above the doors. Therefore, the 2010 door surrounds don't have the plastic lip, but rather a wind-deterring wing that sticks out instead of down. Clear as mud?

Here is JKO's very own JDemonto demonstrating:
YouTube - 2010 Jeep Wrangler Soft top Part II

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #13 of 25 Old 04-25-2010, 05:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

outstanding! Me likey...

Quote:
post #14 of 25 Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Granite Guru

My 2010 soft top is great, easy to put up and take down alone. And only leaks when it rains
post #15 of 25 Old 04-25-2010, 01:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicrooster View Post
And only leaks when it rains
BONUS!

Quote:
post #16 of 25 Old 04-25-2010, 10:40 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicrooster View Post
My 2010 soft top is great, easy to put up and take down alone. And only leaks when it rains
LMAO!

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #17 of 25 Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I didn't think I would stir up such an audience! BTW my freedom top is for sale if anyone is interested! Denver CO $1500 OBO! I will list it in the for sale section!
post #18 of 25 Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Granite Guru

Have had my top down a few times now and it is easy enough to do it by myself. So far no leaks

2010 Sahara Unlimited. 33" Goodyear Duratracs, MOPAR Grab Handles front and Rugged ridge in back, SilverStar Platinum Head Lights, Gorilla Pod Video Camera Mount System,Kargo Master Kongo Cage,50" light bar, Rear tail light guards, gas cap cover locking, Smittybilt Jerry Can Holder, with Scepter military can, chopped stubby bumper... assorted decals . Other factory options.
post #19 of 25 Old 04-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Rock God

I rented a 2010 4 door when in florida last week and I can honestly say I'd throw out the 07 top in a heartbeat for a 2010 top. They did a really nice job with the design and it is much easier to flip back than before. Score a plus for Chrysler for a change.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jk-forum.com, jeepforum, jk-board.com, wayoflife, 2007 jk, 2008 jk, 2009 jk, 2010 jk, jk, jk wrangler
Quote:
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.[/SIZE][/B]
post #20 of 25 Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Is the 2 door version the same deal? All I've seen thus far is the 4 door version...I would love to see how easy it is for the 2 door version to go on and off. My soft top has now lost both tensioning straps on the inside and the header noise is absurd. I was finally able to stop it from leaking by parking in a garage.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #21 of 25 Old 04-26-2010, 07:03 PM

I agree, soft tops are useless in snowy regions. It is a royal pita to switch between hard and soft too. Freedom top is awesome and gives you best of both worlds and then some. Leave the canvas to the artists!
post #22 of 25 Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Wheeler

I bought my first Jeep, a 2010 Rubi Unlimited, in February with the dual top group. In March, my wife and I took a long-weekend in SW Florida and rented a 2009 Sport Unlimited with a soft top. After taking it off/putting it on a few times, I was pretty unimpressed with the design/engineering (i.e. leaks, poor fit, etc.) and dreaded coming home and putting the soft top on mine. Surprise..surprise. The 2010 soft top is great. Easy for one person to take on/off and so far no leaks...yet. Anyway, I feel fortunate to have a 2010.
post #23 of 25 Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
I agree, soft tops are useless in snowy regions. It is a royal pita to switch between hard and soft too. Freedom top is awesome and gives you best of both worlds and then some. Leave the canvas to the artists!
I took the freedom top off 2 days after I purchased the JK it and it's not been back on since. I live in Fl and personally it's the soft top or no top for me.
It's an 08 and when this one shits the bed the 2010 OEM or the ORH is in my sights.

'08 Stone White Rubi Unlimited, 3.5 AEV Premium, BFG KM2 35's on Pintler Argents, AEV Front and Rear with Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rails, Airaid CAI, Cooltech Muffler Relo, Iggee's, Dirty Dog 4x4 Mesh Tops and Grab Handles, Dirt Bags & M-Pac Storage Solutions.
post #24 of 25 Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Granite Guru

I think with 40 mph winds, blizzards and common highway driving I'm quite happy with the little lip that tucks in.

I'd rather have them get rid of all the damn zippers. Mud, ice, freezing rain, road salt and below zero temps make zippers the shittiest part of the soft top for me.

Second dumbest part, sail-panels. I don't mind having the panels out if it's warm and raining, but going down the highway with those sails flappin around... jeep already feels like a pirate ship aerodynamically, doesn't need to sound like one too.

Once Jeep stops covering my top with warranty I'll be considering an Offroad Heros version. Mind you, already on my 3rd top......

2007 2D 6SPD JK X
post #25 of 25 Old 04-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to serbNYC Send a message via MSN to serbNYC Send a message via Yahoo to serbNYC
Question 07

I have an 07 JK 4door, can the new soft top be fitted on my Jeep? or am I screwed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode