Bedliner - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Bedliner

I have been looking at this stuff and it has very good ratings online way better than herculiner, I got them to send me some sample color chips in the mail and the colors are great! Im gonna pull the plug next week and order some for the jk, check it out for those of you that are thinking of bedlining....

http://www.durabakcompany.com/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Rock God

Garage

i love my duplicolor spray on bedliner... but i also like options

nice to see another company in the game

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #3 of 19 Old 04-23-2010, 08:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not sure why everyone knocks Herculiner so badly. I lined my TJ with it and never have any issues with how it served the purpose it was designed for. I was happy enough with it that I didn't hesitate using it again for lining the inside of my M416. I also used the Spray can version for the areas that couldn't be reached with a roller or brush.

Just my personal opinion. But still a good find on new alternatives...

/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 04-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
Not sure why everyone knocks Herculiner so badly. I lined my TJ with it and never have any issues with how it served the purpose it was designed for. I was happy enough with it that I didn't hesitate using it again for lining the inside of my M416. I also used the Spray can version for the areas that couldn't be reached with a roller or brush.

Just my personal opinion. But still a good find on new alternatives...
I think that a lot of people don't like how textured it is. I know that as far as durability, price, and performance though Herculiner is very nice. I can say though that out of all the DIY kits I like the Rustoleum bedliners texture the best.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #5 of 19 Old 04-23-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

in my 94 i had the herc, with no issues, I have the rustoleum in my 01 right now with no issues, but I saw the durabak and sent away for the sample chips and the colors are great, they pretty much match close to some standard jeep colors, I wasnt knocking the herc. just simply saying for color options this is out there, the blue pretty much matches my jeep floor now on my 2010 so i figured if it did ever chip or anything... blue on blue wont look bad with wear.
post #6 of 19 Old 04-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Rock God

I have a bay boat i'm replacing the floor in and i will be spraying the inside with durabak, i read alot of good reviews for marine use.
post #7 of 19 Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkbooth View Post
I have been looking at this stuff and it has very good ratings online way better than herculiner, I got them to send me some sample color chips in the mail and the colors are great! Im gonna pull the plug next week and order some for the jk, check it out for those of you that are thinking of bedlining....

http://www.durabakcompany.com/index.htm
Used this on my YJ and I LOVED it. a lot better than herculiner that's for sure
post #8 of 19 Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

pulled the carpet out today and ordered 2 gallons of the blue uv textured, i plan to do the tub, grill and roll bars I will post pics when its complete
post #9 of 19 Old 04-24-2010, 04:37 AM
Rock God

Garage

Just another option is "U-POL Raptor BLACK Truck Bed Liner Coating Kit". By it at a paint shop; comes with the liquid and spray gun. All you need to do is the prep and have an air compressor. I bought my kit for $140 and did an old YJ. It can be mixed to color match.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
post #10 of 19 Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

heres my durabak drying today before I pulled all the masking off and set wires back, this stuff is very thick! did 3 layers out of a gallon and its like 1/16th thick maybe more! very very strong, had the stir stick and couldnt scrape the stuff off of it! They have very good colors the blue matched my 2010 surf blue almost to a T !!!

post #11 of 19 Old 04-30-2010, 09:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Wow that is a good match!
looks good

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #12 of 19 Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

damn! nice job! and great match

how much $$ did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #13 of 19 Old 05-01-2010, 01:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks great...

/

post #14 of 19 Old 05-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Granite Guru

Nice job D...

08 Rubicon 2DR Red Rock

post #15 of 19 Old 05-01-2010, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

heres a few more after I put the husky liners and seats back in it this morning. This stuff is thick and tough!! I have a custom boat that I had rhino spray for me, this is as close as it gets!! If you call them with a paint code they will match the stuff the best they can for you. Just for anyone wanting to know, I skuff sanded everything with 100 grit then a scrubby pad, washed with lemon joy and let sun dry then I used the uv non fade for $119 a gal, 1 gal came in 4 1qt cans once you open them thats it, no reuse! and the 1 gallon did 3 layers in the 4 door jk. on the page you can request sample chips so you can see the colors. http://www.nonslipcoating.com/

Last edited by djkbooth; 05-01-2010 at 06:15 AM.
post #16 of 19 Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

is this stuff rubbery or hard plastic like?? Looks good!! also did you role it???
post #17 of 19 Old 05-01-2010, 08:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

durabak will take a straight up ass whoopin and hold tuff there are several coast guard buoy tenders that use it on the buoy deck with thousands of pounds of shit slamming into it and it usually does not chip. That stuff is on my short list of things to do after I get my boat to use it instead of the crappy two part paint we are using now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
post #18 of 19 Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbronco1 View Post
is this stuff rubbery or hard plastic like?? Looks good!! also did you role it???
Its not rubbery you cant pick at it, you can just tell its never goin anywhere thats for sure!, all I can say is its like linex with the look of rhino, I rolled it, they give you special rollers with it when you buy it.
post #19 of 19 Old 05-02-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Okay so i decided I really liked this stuff.... so I did the Grill, Across the front of the hood with the body line like a chip guard and on to the edge of the fenders, the inside gate and across the back top of the rear tub in addition to the floor, here are a few picks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode