35's under stock JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

35's under stock JK

[COLOR="Navy"]I just bought a new JK and am wondering if my ultra 50 rims (15" off my '01 TJ) with 12.5x35's BFG all terrains will fit under a stock JK.[/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-22-2010, 05:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

no.

rim bolt pattern is differnt.

35s will fit but will rub if you do more than drive over a speed bump.

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND... there is a ton of info on this site. grab a or two and start reading

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
post #3 of 13 Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Question aswered: so Get a budget boost and some cheap rims. Go play!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-22-2010, 06:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

they do make spacers that will adapt the tj wheels to the jk but with the offset of the rims it would prob stick out way far

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #5 of 13 Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks to all who replied. i hadn't even checked the rim fit spec themselves. Just thinking about the tire height. Guess I'll go ahead with the 4" Tera LCG and 37's like I was originally planning. (I know, I know...5:38 gears, cv drive line, etc, but what the hell it's only money.):
post #6 of 13 Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCNROL View Post
Thanks to all who replied. i hadn't even checked the rim fit spec themselves. Just thinking about the tire height. Guess I'll go ahead with the 4" Tera LCG and 37's like I was originally planning. (I know, I know...5:38 gears, cv drive line, etc, but what the hell it's only money.):
I'm gonna like this guy!

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping Austin Weird
post #7 of 13 Old 04-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Rock God

Quote:
[COLOR="Navy"]I just bought a new JK and am wondering if my ultra 50 rims (15" off my '01 TJ) with 12.5x35's BFG all terrains will fit under a stock JK.[/COLOR]
Quote:
is it only me or did he just go from useing a 9 year old set of rims to going with a long-arm with 37's and a re gear
post #8 of 13 Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

^Yeah- budget just went from here ___ to up there ^^^ Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
post #9 of 13 Old 04-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I like your thinking. Would you adopt me, I need money.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #10 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Actually I just sold my 01 TJ with 4" Tera long arm (and many other mods) and 35X12.5X15 BFG ko's and bought the new JK. Since the JK is already locked and crawlboxed I was thinking of putting my extra set of ultra 50's (un-narfed for street use) w/35" ko's on to see if I really neaded to go to the expense of a lift or if a gear change & bigger tires would be enough with all the other stock goodies already on it. I know now that not only is the bolt pattern different but the JK won't accept 15" rims but will 16 or 17" rims w/ 35's fit under the stock JK without clearence problems?
post #11 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Actually I just sold my 01 TJ with 4" Tera long arm (and many other mods) and 35X12.5X15 BFG ko's and bought the new JK. Since the JK is already locked and crawlboxed I was thinking of putting my extra set of ultra 50's (un-narfed for street use) w/35" ko's on to see if I really neaded to go to the expense of a lift or if a gear change & bigger tires would be enough with all the other stock goodies already on it. I know now that not only is the bolt pattern different but the JK won't accept 15" rims but will 16 or 17" rims w/ 35's fit under the stock JK without clearence problems?
No.

15 inch rims do fit, I have them on my Rubi. 35's wont fit without a lift, unless you trim the shit out of alot of stuff. I have a 2.5 BB to stuff 35's under for now, and still had to trim 1.5 inches of the rock rails, and big effin hammer the pinch seems down to avoid rear tire rubbage.

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #12 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

15 inch rims do fit,

Thanks Mike. The tech at ultra wheels told me you couldnt use 15 on the JK (I assumed not enough circumfrance for brake gear) but maybe he meant Ultra didn't make a 15 to fit.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
15 inch rims do fit,

Thanks Mike. The tech at ultra wheels told me you couldnt use 15 on the JK (I assumed not enough circumfrance for brake gear) but maybe he meant Ultra didn't make a 15 to fit.
Backspacing is key. The stock JK backspacing will not work with a 15" wheel, most likely he looked at a chart, on mine its 3.75. Also, alot of people grind down a bit of material on the caliper to clear 15s, with mine I had no issues so I didnt have to.

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode