Jeep JK Rear Corner Exit Exhaust - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews
Jeep JK Rear Corner Exit Exhaust

So I just purchased a Posion Spyder Rock Brawler Rear bumper and was thinking of running the exhaust to the rear driver side corner. Would be awesome if anyone new of a company who had an exhaust like that or if anyone has done a custom job. Thank!
Attached Images
 
Eliasm25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Granite Guru
 
TXtoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Peoria, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 266
Feedback: 0 reviews

Since there's a Borla sticker right above the tail pipe, I'd start there.
TXtoAZ is offline  
post #3 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 05:11 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtoAZ View Post
Since there's a Borla sticker right above the tail pipe, I'd start there.
- snort- GTFO of here with that obvious deduction!

I do think some of that system may have been custom, but yeah, worth checking out Borla's site for a starting point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Yea I checked out Borla and it's no where in their catalog, it was custom :/

Last edited by Eliasm25; 07-25-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #5 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM
Granite Guru
 
TXtoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Peoria, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 266
Feedback: 0 reviews

This Jeep has been on promotion YouTube videos for Borla. As it says on the Jeep, it was built by Traversing, an expedition offroad shop. It has a 6.4L in it, so yeah, surely custom if it has that motor in it. I bet if you contact Borla they would probably know about it.

http://youtu.be/6jHFql9fzn0

Last edited by TXtoAZ; 07-25-2015 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added link
TXtoAZ is offline  
post #6 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Lol I'm gonna give them a call and hopefully they can't custom make them because I will mostly likely buy them and empty my wallet.
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #7 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 08:38 PM
JKowners Vendor
 
Stout Fabrication's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 37
Feedback: 0 reviews

Rather than going broke on something like this, look for an exhaust shop that can reroute what you have. Get rid of the big factory muffler and throw something little in there somewhere and have it exit where you want. We just finished up out JKU build and all the exhaust work from the headers back was $250 including the Manga Flow muffler.. Not bad in my opinion.

Bryce Stewart
Stout Fabrication is offline  
post #8 of 26 Old 07-25-2015, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout Fabrication View Post
Rather than going broke on something like this, look for an exhaust shop that can reroute what you have. Get rid of the big factory muffler and throw something little in there somewhere and have it exit where you want. We just finished up out JKU build and all the exhaust work from the headers back was $250 including the Manga Flow muffler.. Not bad in my opinion.

Bryce Stewart
That doesn't sound bad at all, I wish I could pay you guys a visit
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #9 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 01:08 AM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 36
Posts: 1,481
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

One thing to think about if you plan to wheel your Jeep...any part of your exhaust that isn't inline with the direction your Jeep is moving, can and likely will get bent or ripped off when you snag it on something like a rock. That tail pipe would get bent back or ripped off, where a plain straight exhaust system might just flatten the bottom of the tip if it hangs low enough. The Magnaflow exhaust I just ordered for my JK sits almost completely above the bottom of the frame rails with a small turn down that dumps in front of the axle. If you're just mall crawling disregard and get whatever looks and sounds best.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
highoctane is offline  
post #10 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
One thing to think about if you plan to wheel your Jeep...any part of your exhaust that isn't inline with the direction your Jeep is moving, can and likely will get bent or ripped off when you snag it on something like a rock. That tail pipe would get bent back or ripped off, where a plain straight exhaust system might just flatten the bottom of the tip if it hangs low enough. The Magnaflow exhaust I just ordered for my JK sits almost completely above the bottom of the frame rails with a small turn down that dumps in front of the axle. If you're just mall crawling disregard and get whatever looks and sounds best.
Yea you're absolutely right. I was thinking maybe if I tuck it up high enough it will be out of the way. And living in south Florida there isn't much rock climbing to worry about unfortunately.
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #11 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,917
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
One thing to think about if you plan to wheel your Jeep...any part of your exhaust that isn't inline with the direction your Jeep is moving, can and likely will get bent or ripped off when you snag it on something like a rock. That tail pipe would get bent back or ripped off, where a plain straight exhaust system might just flatten the bottom of the tip if it hangs low enough. The Magnaflow exhaust I just ordered for my JK sits almost completely above the bottom of the frame rails with a small turn down that dumps in front of the axle. If you're just mall crawling disregard and get whatever looks and sounds best.
^X2
If it's purpose is for sound, self-enjoyment, riding around or drag-racing (snark!) , you'll be good w/ the rear tailpipe but highoctane speaks the truth;you'll wind up crushing it if you wheel ...running the (pre-axle dump)Comp Dynomax 'evolution' exhaust tucked way-up higher than my jkur frame rail has prevented it from being touched by the limestone shelfs /rocks/stumps/etc that i come-up against . No fumes ever get in the jeep since it points out at a 45 degree angle dwnward towards driverside. It's sound mellows w/ age, to a nice tone on the 3.8l . love it. I would buy another.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #12 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 09:37 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

When I got my TJ years ago, I had the shop put a really nice stainless oval tip on the exhaust. First trip out I had a flat ass stainless slit remaining. Broke out the sawzall and hacked it off, never replaced it. This time around, I had the installer reinstall the factory turn down and cut it further back. Even then, I still smacked the bottom of it and ovaled it a little. That side exit would be destroyed pretty quickly in most real wheeling trips.

This is what you'll end up with...

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=18

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #13 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Age: 45
Posts: 768
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
^X2
If it's purpose is for sound, self-enjoyment, riding around or drag-racing (snark!) , you'll be good w/ the rear tailpipe but highoctane speaks the truth;you'll wind up crushing it if you wheel ...running the (pre-axle dump)Comp Dynomax 'evolution' exhaust tucked way-up higher than my jkur frame rail has prevented it from being touched by the limestone shelfs /rocks/stumps/etc that i come-up against . No fumes ever get in the jeep since it points out at a 45 degree angle dwnward towards driverside. It's sound mellows w/ age, to a nice tone on the 3.8l . love it. I would buy another.
This can be a problem in water crossings, the exhaust bubbles will seek the highest point which a pre axle dump can put under the tub, with exhaust rising under your tub and seeping carbon monoxide into your jeep. In dry climates probably a non issue but in Florida we do a lot of mud and water and it's dangerous. A mom and infant died a few months ago in Orlando when the jeep was stuck in a mud hole and left running.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/nation...icle-1.2142844

For me rear exit is the only acceptable option!

Last edited by Biginboca; 07-26-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Biginboca is offline  
post #14 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Yea being from Miami I'm not too concerned with wheeling over large rocks and so forth. And I didn't know that was possible. Thanks boca for the info, learned something new today. I had no clue that could happen
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #15 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Granite Guru
 
Z-OR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 308
Feedback: 0 reviews

How about some pics of some BEHIND the axle exits that are offroad friendly.

I would like to show the exhaust shop a pic of what others have successfully done.

Thx!

< '81 CJ7, Chev power. Leaf springs baby!

2016 JKU Sport
The good guys: Synergy, Artec, MetalCloak, MCE
- 2.5" MC coils, Synergy arms and drag link flip.
- 37" BFG MTs on 17x8.5 -6

2013 GC... 5.7(MILF command centre)
Z-OR is offline  
post #16 of 26 Old 07-26-2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

I would assume something extremely simple
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #17 of 26 Old 07-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 857
Feedback: 0 reviews

i love the look but that would be pancaked after one trip

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
chknkatsu is offline  
post #18 of 26 Old 07-29-2015, 02:42 PM
JKO Addict!
 
White13JKUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 2,994
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-OR View Post
How about some pics of some BEHIND the axle exits that are offroad friendly.

I would like to show the exhaust shop a pic of what others have successfully done.

Thx!
my flowmaster system is pretty high tuck all the way back and including the muffler itself. here is a little video (see the beginning part).



It was so high tuck that I had to do a little tweaking when I did the synergy shock top relocation brackets.


I have yet to smack this exhaust after a couple of trips to the rocks but smashed the crap out of the borla system that was on there before.
White13JKUR is offline  
post #19 of 26 Old 07-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Age: 45
Posts: 768
Feedback: 1 reviews

Mine started as a dynomax rockkrawler (rear exit with muffler under drivers seat). I had it modded a bit by a local muffler shop after I pushed the rear axle back a bit the exhaust hit my spring and trackbar. I just stood under the jeep and coached the muffler guy on how I wanted it as he worked. Now it's great, tucks high and hasn't hit anything yet...




Last edited by Biginboca; 07-29-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Biginboca is offline  
post #20 of 26 Old 07-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 857
Feedback: 0 reviews

what about that?


MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
chknkatsu is offline  
post #21 of 26 Old 07-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Rock God
 
Descent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 580
Feedback: 0 reviews

Always thought anything below the bumper line was just waiting to get crushed
Descent is offline  
post #22 of 26 Old 08-01-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by

my flowmaster system is pretty high tuck all the way back and including the muffler itself. here is a little video (see the beginning part).

[ame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwRoGxrlaM[/ame]


It was so high tuck that I had to do a little tweaking when I did the synergy shock top relocation brackets.


I have yet to smack this exhaust after a couple of trips to the rocks but smashed the crap out of the borla system that was on there before.
Wow that flowmaster system sounds so good. I'm actually going to look into it now
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #23 of 26 Old 08-01-2015, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Mine started as a dynomax rockkrawler (rear exit with muffler under drivers seat). I had it modded a bit by a local muffler shop after I pushed the rear axle back a bit the exhaust hit my spring and trackbar. I just stood under the jeep and coached the muffler guy on how I wanted it as he worked. Now it's great, tucks high and hasn't hit anything yet...



That looks pretty sweet also, how does it sound? And have any of you guys had torque loss issues? For the time being I delete that stock trash can nasty looking thing and well....lets just say I have to press on the gas.....
Eliasm25 is offline  
post #24 of 26 Old 08-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Granite Guru
 
Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Warkworth, On
Age: 29
Posts: 360
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

I just pulled the garbage can stocker off mine and called it a day. The 3.6 is loud when you put your foot into it, quite ricey, but it was free and I have no noticible power gains or loss with 37s and 4.10 gears

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mason is offline  
post #25 of 26 Old 08-02-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 16
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
I just pulled the garbage can stocker off mine and called it a day. The 3.6 is loud when you put your foot into it, quite ricey, but it was free and I have no noticible power gains or loss with 37s and 4.10 gears
I have my stock tires in for now. I noticed a loss in torque lol idk if I'm just imagining it or not....
Eliasm25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome