2012 JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 04-21-2010, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Exclamation 2012 JK

Looks like the 3.6 Pentastar V6 will make its way to the Wrangler JK in 2012. I just read this on Allpar.com

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...five-year-plan

Quote:
Fiat is working on a version of its 6 speed dual clutch automatic (automatically shifted manual) transmission for 4×4s, including Jeeps; it can cut CO2 emissions by 24%.

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Looks like thats just the trasnmission to me, mentioned nothing about the new engine.

My sig is HUGE in Japan
post #3 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...-remain-unique

While most Chrysler and Fiat platforms are being evaluated to see how they will fit in the upcoming Chrysler-Fiat mix, the Jeep Wrangler isn’t going to be sharing with anyone. Not even other Jeeps.

Though it’s a relatively low-volume product, the Wrangler’s unique, terrain-conquering heritage is too valuable to dilute, especially with the likely demise of the Hummer brand.

Though they won’t be shared, the Wrangler’s underpinnings are scheduled for two major upgrades by next year. While the company isn’t releasing many details, these are likely to include the new Pentastar V6 and improved interiors. The company says new derivatives of the iconic Wrangler are also in the works. There has been a lot of interest in a Wrangler pickup like the government-only J8, but Mike Manley, head of the Jeep brand, says though he would like to do a pickup, such a vehicle “is not imminent.”

“No imminent” is also applicable to a diesel-powered Wrangler for the North American market. However, a diesel is being studied as it would improve the Wrangler’s fuel efficiency. That’s important as Chrysler works to meet new federal mileage standards.

Sounds promising.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers

Last edited by pearl-drum-man; 04-22-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Rock God

Garage

Since the small truck segment is dying out and the Dakota is going away, there could be a nice niche market to support a cool Wrangler-based pick-up. Many have been clamouring for one in recent years, the next couple years might prove to be a good time for it. I just hope they do it with a real bed instead of the Unlimited variants we've seen thus far.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
post #5 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 05:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.
Re: 2012 JK

I forsee many good changes to the wrangler over the next 5 years. Each year I think will have us kicking ourselfs wishing we had held off one more year. LOL

by then HITMONEY will have like 10 JKs

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #6 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 05:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Yeah no joke right! I finally get to the point in life that I can afford a jeep then before it's paid off they actually decide to put a motor in it that will give it the ability to merge safely in traffic. (Houston-they don't call I-45 the south texas autobahn for nothing!) and I'll admit I put the fucking dumbass hat, swallow the hook like a retard bandwagon hat on that the lifetime powertrain warranty would be worth a damn and bought one before it was cancelled, boy was I wrong.

The river raider st looms like a great alternative for when everyone trades up and flood the market with cheap jk's. Who knows, I know after the jeep purchase it will be very doubtful that I would buy american again. Sorry but between the quality and most of all the dealer service has pushed me far away from them.
post #7 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
Looks like thats just the trasnmission to me, mentioned nothing about the new engine.
The 2011 wrangler gets a new interior (confirmed) and the penastar v6 comes in 2012 (confirmed). The transmission would be a bonus but that is unconfirmed.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man View Post
Since the small truck segment is dying out and the Dakota is going away, there could be a nice niche market to support a cool Wrangler-based pick-up. Many have been clamouring for one in recent years, the next couple years might prove to be a good time for it. I just hope they do it with a real bed instead of the Unlimited variants we've seen thus far.
Sorry Ram brand will not ever let Jeep build a truck......

Quote:
The company says new derivatives of the iconic Wrangler are also in the works. There has been a lot of interest in a Wrangler pickup like the government-only J8, but Mike Manley, head of the Jeep brand, says though he would like to do a pickup, such a vehicle “is not imminent.”

Quote:
“No imminent” is also applicable to a diesel-powered Wrangler for the North American market. However, a diesel is being studied as it would improve the Wrangler’s fuel efficiency. That’s important as Chrysler works to meet new federal mileage standards.

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #9 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Rock God

Well here is to holding out for 2012 to trade in my 08 JK for a new JK with the Pentastarand the end of the world on 12/12/12.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"

Last edited by Born2run; 04-22-2010 at 07:42 AM.
post #10 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to CallMeBooth Send a message via Skype™ to CallMeBooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run View Post
Well here is to holding out for 2012 to trade in my 08 JK for a new JK with the Pentastarand the end of the world on 12/12/12.
You get 9 extra days its 12/21/12...

2008 Red Rock 4 Door X
3" Teraflex Spring Lift
BFG KM2 35", LED Rock Lights
KC Driving Lights, Hella Black Magic lights
Trektop, RR Front Stubby
post #11 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

From the Fiat meeting earlier this week:

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #12 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Rock God

get the f'in diesel in them already

im in need of an upgrade
post #13 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Sorry Ram brand will not ever let Jeep build a truck......

I dunno, I don't really see a Wrangler based pickup as direct competition for the full size Ram. I think it would be a good place for a smaller truck since the Dakota is going away, and they have the concepts out for a reason I think. Not sure what other viable "variants" they could be talking about if not a pickup.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
post #14 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Wheeler

The reason they are killing the Dakota is the same reason they will not likely build a Jeep pickup...lack of sales. Truck buyers want "big" trucks with lots of hauling/towing capabilities, whether they use it or not!

Jimmy
jimmyzwheelz
post #15 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzwheelz View Post
The reason they are killing the Dakota is the same reason they will not likely build a Jeep pickup...lack of sales. Truck buyers want "big" trucks with lots of hauling/towing capabilities, whether they use it or not!

Jimmy
jimmyzwheelz
Truck buyers want a 1/2 ton diesel,or smaller.Not everyone wants or needs a 3/4 ton,but want and need a diesel.300 ft.lbs of torque from a 4 cyl diesel pretty much matchs 1/2 tons and boast better mpg.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #16 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
Truck buyers want a 1/2 ton diesel,or smaller.Not everyone wants or needs a 3/4 ton,but want and need a diesel.300 ft.lbs of torque from a 4 cyl diesel pretty much matchs 1/2 tons and boast better mpg.
I know Ram maybe re-looking at the v6 Diesel 1/2 ton truck frrom what I hear. Cummins has a engine that they were building for Ram before the BK last year.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #17 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Granite Guru

The penstar doesn't really excite me...i would get excited if they put either diesel engine (AWESOME) or a hemi.

I really wish they would give us americans the CRD!!

1997 TJ --SOLD
1999 TJ --SOLD
2001 TJ --SOLD
2007 JK Unlmited Rubicon --SOLD

2013 JKUR Billet Silver-- SOLD
2016 JKUR White --
post #18 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Rock God

why trade in when you can just buy the motor and swap out. Of course if you're gonna do that then there are so many other motor options and your cost would be so much less than a new vehicle. JMT...

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #19 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine01 View Post
The penstar doesn't really excite me...i would get excited if they put either diesel engine (AWESOME) or a hemi.

I really wish they would give us americans the CRD!!
It should! Probably not going to post GC numbers in HP but I bet its at least 240 HP Vs the [email protected]! If you want a diesel you can buy euro parts and do the conversion only about $35K

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWREVER View Post
why trade in when you can just buy the motor and swap out. Of course if you're gonna do that then there are so many other motor options and your cost would be so much less than a new vehicle. JMT...
BINGO we are Jeepers we can swap out anything and make it work right?

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #20 of 49 Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
I know Ram maybe re-looking at the v6 Diesel 1/2 ton truck frrom what I hear. Cummins has a engine that they were building for Ram before the BK last year.

Jason
From what I understand Cummins has the V6 diesel all ready to go,and has had it ready (developed and tested) for several years.I would buy a ram 1500 diesel,or a dakota diesel were dodge to keep the dakota.I have heard that both toyota and nissan will be bringing in a diesel 4x4 pickup as early as next year.Not sure how true that is.Whoever does it first wins....and wins big,imho.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #21 of 49 Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzwheelz View Post

Jimmy
jimmyzwheelz
For the most part I agree, if you need a truck, full size is where its at. As I said earlier I think a Jeep pickup could fill a nice niche market, with the Dakota, Colorado/Canyon and Ranger all slated to be discontinued. I guess the new Mahindra diesel will be a clue as to how many people still desire a small pick-up.

Jeep keeps pumping out the pick-up concepts (Gladiator, JT, and now the Nukizer), so there must be some reason for it. IMO, a Jeep pick-up would be unique. I have absolutely no desire for any of the small pick-ups currently offered, don't even want a full-size for that matter. If Jeep offered a Wrangler based pick-up I would be all over it though. Even though I love my JK, I am constantly teased with the idea of selling it and building an AEV Brute off of a TJ. I wish AEV would do a real Brute off of the JK.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
post #22 of 49 Old 04-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Granite Guru

either way the return of the Comanche would be cool.

2010 Sahara Unlimited. 33" Goodyear Duratracs, MOPAR Grab Handles front and Rugged ridge in back, SilverStar Platinum Head Lights, Gorilla Pod Video Camera Mount System,Kargo Master Kongo Cage,50" light bar, Rear tail light guards, gas cap cover locking, Smittybilt Jerry Can Holder, with Scepter military can, chopped stubby bumper... assorted decals . Other factory options.
post #23 of 49 Old 04-23-2010, 05:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
From what I understand Cummins has the V6 diesel all ready to go,and has had it ready (developed and tested) for several years.I would buy a ram 1500 diesel,or a dakota diesel were dodge to keep the dakota.I have heard that both toyota and nissan will be bringing in a diesel 4x4 pickup as early as next year.Not sure how true that is.Whoever does it first wins....and wins big,imho.

Will they come with exhaust brakes, or will they be the same Fred Flintstone brakes on the Kamikazi edition Prius....

/

post #24 of 49 Old 04-23-2010, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
Will they come with exhaust brakes, or will they be the same Fred Flintstone brakes on the Kamikazi edition Prius....
I highly doubt any of those company's are going to get into a market in which they already do not compete well in. The ram 1500 diesel maybe out in 2 years......

Dakota is going away and a unibody truck similar to the rampage concept will replace it no diesel though....

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #25 of 49 Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Granite Guru

I see no mention of the Liberty in that chart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode