AFE Long Tube Headers (3.8l) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-21-2015, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

AFE Long Tube Headers (3.8l)

Just saw these on their web site... They look a lot like Ripps...and at close to the same price...Wonder if anyone out there has seen or using them?

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...8L&&brandID=99

OIF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Rock God

I'm going to be getting a set

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-18-2015, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Sweet. Yea I've been eyeing those for a while, running their exhuast and it's been great so I admagine their headers should be pretty decent. Courious of the out come of your set.

OIF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Rock God

I bet it will be quality. I had a set of their short tube headers and they were great. I'm hoping my bully dog gt tuner will be enough of a tunew to make it ok. I have their CAI along with a Viper Throttle body also.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

post #5 of 10 Old 09-22-2015, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I was looking at a set of their short tube headers, But for the price of the short tubes might as well just get the long tubes. I have their CAI and their High Tuck exhaust, both have been good quality has been great too.

OIF
post #6 of 10 Old 09-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Rock God

yeah, if you had the cash, i would go long tube... im wondering if you can use the Ripp tube on them? that'd be cool.

post #7 of 10 Old 10-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Rock God

got them in and they went in so smooth and easy, every thing lined up correctly and with out a hiccup! First impression, whoooo it sounds mean! When i took it out for a drive, i noticed that it held up with traffic easier and that the accel was a little better. It seems like the jeep tries less hard to get up to speed. i still have a little gear searching going on, but thats part of living in colorado. Around town and hwy, my mileage went up a couple MPG also. All and all, im pretty happy with the purchase.

post #8 of 10 Old 10-03-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thats great! glad they worked out good for you, i just ordered a set yestersday. so def looking forward to throw them on now!
What exhuast are you running?

OIF
post #9 of 10 Old 10-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Rock God

I just took my old exhausts off, put a tip on, and then cut an in line magnaflow into the straight section under the driver side. It takes 2- 2 1/2" exhaust clamps. It's a cheap mod and opens it up a little.

post #10 of 10 Old 02-26-2016, 12:56 PM

I have the afe long tube headers, Y-pipe and cats sitting in my jeep trunk. I can't wait to get the installed. AFE scorpion RB cat back is on the way too. I'll be installing the cat back myself but I'm gonna have a shop do the headers and cats. I don't want to risk breaking the rusty seized bolts... Hopefully I can still afford to put gas in after this lol

JEEF

O lllllll O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode