2008 Auto Transmission Shift Point Tuner? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-20-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2008 Auto Transmission Shift Point Tuner?

Does anyone have a 2008 JK that can change the shift points and what one is it? I have searched and many people offer there knowledge but I need to know from someone that actually has one and changed there shift points in a 2008 JK model.

I know flashpaq 3872 does not. I have one. Superchips does not offer "advance shift tune" as mentioned in many websites. I called them and asked to verify that. The only thing I see in the tuner, in the advance tune, is "optimized shift points" without the ability to change the shifting rpm. I want to set the schedules myself. It shifts way to early for me.

So if you have a tuner, any tuner, that can change the transmission shift point schedule for older 2008 jk model please let me know. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-21-2015, 03:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

the only thing you can change with the trail dash is WOT shift points. yes i also would love to change how soon it up shifts. light throttle its in 4th with the tc locked at like 35 mph

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #3 of 6 Old 07-21-2015, 05:57 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
the only thing you can change with the trail dash is WOT shift points. yes i also would love to change how soon it up shifts. light throttle its in 4th with the tc locked at like 35 mph
You can always push the O/D button to keep it in 3rd. Mine is off all the time I'm not on the highway. I use the shift lever once in a while, too, when I don't agree with what the computer wants to do.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-21-2015, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
Yep. The flashpaq does this for me too. The low shift points say "Select user shift schedule to modify." However the shift schedules only allow you to select "Superchips" or "stock" not user. User is not available. Its a bummer. You can only change wide open throttle (WOT). I never go WOT.

I called diablosport and they say you can change shift schedules with theirs. Does anyone have a trinity or intune that can verify this? I want to make sure before buying another programmer / tuner only to be disappointed that it can't.

I always have OD off unless I am on the freeway.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawman57 View Post
Yep. The flashpaq does this for me too. The low shift points say "Select user shift schedule to modify." However the shift schedules only allow you to select "Superchips" or "stock" not user. User is not available. Its a bummer. You can only change wide open throttle (WOT). I never go WOT.

I called diablosport and they say you can change shift schedules with theirs. Does anyone have a trinity or intune that can verify this? I want to make sure before buying another programmer / tuner only to be disappointed that it can't.

I always have OD off unless I am on the freeway.
Confirmed. I have the Diablosport Trinity and can modify shift parameters. With the Diablosport you actually get to change much more than just WOT shift points. You can change when you trans shifts between certain gears based on RPM's at certain throttle percentages. It is an excellent feature.

a short example:

at 15% throttle you can have have the 1st to 2nd shift at a certain rpm, say 2500.
you can have 2nd to 3rd shift at 3000 and 3rd to 4th at 3000...or whatever rpm's you select.

at 10% and 40% throttle, same thing. I think there are 3 or 4 throttle percentages to adjust shift points on.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #6 of 6 Old 07-22-2015, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
Confirmed. I have the Diablosport Trinity and can modify shift parameters. With the Diablosport you actually get to change much more than just WOT shift points. You can change when you trans shifts between certain gears based on RPM's at certain throttle percentages. It is an excellent feature.

a short example:

at 15% throttle you can have have the 1st to 2nd shift at a certain rpm, say 2500.
you can have 2nd to 3rd shift at 3000 and 3rd to 4th at 3000...or whatever rpm's you select.

at 10% and 40% throttle, same thing. I think there are 3 or 4 throttle percentages to adjust shift points on.

Thanks! That is what I want. Appreciate the feedback!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode