river raider bumper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

river raider bumper

i have been looking around and really like the river raider rear bump. i really like the one with the cage. i have looked around and cant find anyone that had it. i was just wondering if anyone has one or things that people have herd about them. i want to make sure it is a good purchase before i buy it. thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Rock God

I don't have one, but I have been to Kenny's shop and can highly recommend anything he build's. There are some here who have his bumper. Just wait for their replies. I'm saving now for the front bumper.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #3 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Rock God

RIVER RAIDER OFF-ROAD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

do i need the conners to get that bumper. i am running a 35 going up to 37s soon
post #5 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubijksilver View Post
do i need the conners to get that bumper. i am running a 35 going up to 37s soon
I dont think you need the corners to run the bumper, its the carrier you need the corners for.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #6 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ment to say to i need the conners to run the carrier
post #7 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Last time I checked on their website you do. If you're real serious about it, you might want to call them to see if theres anyway to make it work without em. If you know anyone at all that does fab work, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #8 of 25 Old 04-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Granite Guru

I ordered the rock crawler rear with the swing carrier last week. I would have liked the tire cage, but according to the website you do need the corners for that.
post #9 of 25 Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

when the bumper arrives and you get it on can you take some pictures and post them?
post #10 of 25 Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet set up!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #11 of 25 Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubijksilver View Post
when the bumper arrives and you get it on can you take some pictures and post them?
Will do. Supposed to ship this week. I know it's been mentioned many times before, but their service has been great. The woman I spoke with apologized that it could take 3 weeks from order to receipt. I had to laugh to myself after waiting for months to get my front bumper from a different vendor.
post #12 of 25 Old 10-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

I was just searching for info on the RR skids I just got and came across this old thread. Realized I never posted pics. So here are some pics in case anyone searches for this in the future. The bumper is stout.

[IMG][/IMG]

post #13 of 25 Old 10-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to jsebastian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTHRUU View Post
I was just searching for info on the RR skids I just got and came across this old thread. Realized I never posted pics. So here are some pics in case anyone searches for this in the future. The bumper is stout.

[IMG][/IMG]

I really like that bumper. How easy/difficult was the install? Any rattling/noise associated with the tire carrier? How much clearance is there between the tire carrier and the swing gate? I've got the Teraflex 3rd brake light extension and am wondering if it will interfere with the carrier.

John

post #14 of 25 Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Granite Guru

2007 black sahara
35 nitto mud grapplers
3 inch BDS/Teraflex lift
Built D44 front
Flat fenders
river raidor rock sliders
kc 6 inch slim lites
HID head lights
rock krawler hd tie rod
rock krawler hd drag link
river raider front bumper
river raider full skids
river raider crusher corners and led circle tail lights
river raider rear bumper and tire carrier

post #15 of 25 Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Granite Guru

jsebastian-
The install wasn't bad. It's not actually made to go with the tow package so I had to do a little trimming (which wasn't difficult). If you have a hitch receiver you should tell Kenny and he could mod it for you in advance. I do have some rattling from the carrier. I kinda jacked up the hole for bolting it in so it is a touch loose. I'm plan to just get it welded which should take care of it. I am working all weekend. I will try to remember and take a side photo tomorrow so you can see the the space between the carrier and swing gate.
post #16 of 25 Old 10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

does anyone know the weight of the River Raider rear bumper with the cage? just curious before this thread blows up
post #17 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
jsebastian-
The install wasn't bad. It's not actually made to go with the tow package so I had to do a little trimming (which wasn't difficult). If you have a hitch receiver you should tell Kenny and he could mod it for you in advance. I do have some rattling from the carrier. I kinda jacked up the hole for bolting it in so it is a touch loose. I'm plan to just get it welded which should take care of it. I am working all weekend. I will try to remember and take a side photo tomorrow so you can see the the space between the carrier and swing gate.
Thanks for the info. I don't have the tow package so no worries there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirish View Post
does anyone know the weight of the River Raider rear bumper with the cage? just curious before this thread blows up
BB brings up a good point. I've the stock sport shocks. Would the weight cause any sagging?

John

post #18 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Granite Guru

OK, here is the side view. The distance between the back surface of the tire swing and the black rubber stoppers sticking out from the swing gate is 1.5 inches. If you removed the stoppers from the gate it's about 3.5 inches to the most protruding part of the gate. Don't know the weight. Will partly depend on the weight of your spare tire/wheel combo.

[IMG][/IMG]
post #19 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Granite Guru

I don't wana step on anyones products, I think the RR is a great lookin bumper, but I just saw the new Posion Spider front an rear bumper at the Off Road Expo, an Jeep Jamboree this weekend in action,, its a really great looking product, very great carrier swing assembly with no rattles,. I'm just sayn,
post #20 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
OK, here is the side view. The distance between the back surface of the tire swing and the black rubber stoppers sticking out from the swing gate is 1.5 inches. If you removed the stoppers from the gate it's about 3.5 inches to the most protruding part of the gate. Don't know the weight. Will partly depend on the weight of your spare tire/wheel combo.

[IMG][/IMG]
I like it! What I am really interested at this point is the tire carrier. I just want to get my spare tire back on a carrier and out of the cab. The factory bumpers don't have much of a resale value, so I will probably keep mine until they are beat up enough to just toss. The RR website doesn't have the tire carrier for sale by itself, but I wonder if it is available by itself and whether or not they have a template for the hole to cut in the stock bumper. Just thinking out loud. Thanks for the pics!

John

post #21 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebastian View Post
I like it! What I am really interested at this point is the tire carrier. I just want to get my spare tire back on a carrier and out of the cab. The factory bumpers don't have much of a resale value, so I will probably keep mine until they are beat up enough to just toss. The RR website doesn't have the tire carrier for sale by itself, but I wonder if it is available by itself and whether or not they have a template for the hole to cut in the stock bumper. Just thinking out loud. Thanks for the pics!
Not sure the stock bumper could handle it. The spare is pretty friggin heavy. I'm sure there are people out there who have modded stock bumpers and might have better insight though. I just took mine off and threw in the corner of the garage.
post #22 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Granite Guru

Anyone have any pictures of how those caged bumpers swing out? how does it work>??
post #23 of 25 Old 10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Granite Guru

Okay so does anyone have any pics of how the cage folds or swings out? it looks like it folds down? BTW RR rocks. Just sayin
post #24 of 25 Old 10-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Not sure the stock bumper could handle it. The spare is pretty friggin heavy. I'm sure there are people out there who have modded stock bumpers and might have better insight though. I just took mine off and threw in the corner of the garage.
I was assuming that the tire carrier is bolted to the frame. If so, most of the weight of the carrier and tire should go right to the frame. The only thing the bumper would need is a hole.

John

post #25 of 25 Old 10-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Granite Guru

The tire carrier (swing out version that I have) attaches to a post on the bumper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode