Puttin on the 37s - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Puttin on the 37s

So I just picked up my 37s today (decided over the 35s) and got a HECK OF A DEAL! got 5 rather decent Wrangler MTRs and 5 Rims for $380!!! Any way, I talked to one of the vendors about my situation/lift desires and he said I should be good doing the following:
3.25" RC Suspension lift
1.25" BL
Wheel Spacers

said I should be good doing that. I do not do much offroading AT ALL and even when I do it is VERY LIGHT trailing. Anything else that I would ABSOLUTELY NEED to do with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

of what? the jeep its going on? They are not put on yet, still waiting on the lift to get here
post #3 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 06:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Not sure if you need the body lift or not because I don't know what kind of actual lift that kit is going to provide.

If you got wheels and tires, what kind of wheels did you end up with? Are they stock? You may or may not need wheel spacers depending on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
Not sure if you need the body lift or not because I don't know what kind of actual lift that kit is going to provide.

If you got wheels and tires, what kind of wheels did you end up with? Are they stock? You may or may not need wheel spacers depending on that.
Yea Im putting the tires on the stock wheels for now, from my understanding I will need the wheel spacers
post #5 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #6 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 09:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You don't need the body lift.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #7 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

really? I dont need the body lift? How would i get the 37s to fit?

and yep goin on this bad boy

post #8 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Rock God

Be careful wheeling with 37s on the front. unless theres a Rubi D44 in the front.. That stock X front axles are a little light..

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #9 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtphoto JK View Post
Be careful wheeling with 37s on the front. unless theres a Rubi D44 in the front.. That stock X front axles are a little light..
Dnt really wheel the JK, use the YJ for that one, but I will occasionally do some trail riding in it though, nothing climbing or wading or anything like that...i owe too dang much on it lol
post #10 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayers316 View Post
Dnt really wheel the JK, use the YJ for that one, but I will occasionally do some trail riding in it though, nothing climbing or wading or anything like that...i owe too dang much on it lol
I'm glad you added the YJ part. I was going to suggest you needed a flower vase if all you are doing is building a mall crawler. But to each his own, let freedom of Jeep ring.

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill", Bob Arnett
post #11 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Rock God

Just drive it and when that d30 gets trashed, upgrade.

JKOutcast Member
post #12 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Rock God

Here is a pictureof mine with a 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Lift and 37's. I plan to get a 1" spacer for the back to lift it a little. I tend to keep a bunch of gear in the back plus I have the 37 hanging on the back bumper. I would try just the lift without the Body and see how it works out for you. I've been told the RC lifts give you a little extra height.

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok let me rephrase, I dnt really wheel the jk...YET hen it's set up right for it I most definitely will....and I may use the body lift just so I can have that little extra bit of lift
post #14 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayers316 View Post
Ok let me rephrase, I dnt really wheel the jk...YET hen it's set up right for it I most definitely will....and I may use the body lift just so I can have that little extra bit of lift
Yep. every little bit of lift helps. You should make it as tall as possible so that your tires never rub and you don't have to trim any sheetmetal. Super tall Jeeps are what the ladies love anyway.
post #15 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Rock God

I have the 2.5" Coil lift and I have installed the 3.25" on a 2 door.

In my opinion you're gonna need the body lift dude. I couldn't do much flexing at all with the 35s on the 2.5" lift. The 3.25 is just the 2.5" coils with a .75" spacer.

Get the body lift. You'll like the ride, my RC coils ride very nice.

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning

Keeping Austin Weird
post #16 of 31 Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yea I'm country as a cornflake so me bein me I like the higher jeep with the bigger wheels. I put the ordr in this morning and already paid and got the body lift with the suspension lift and the 37s.
post #17 of 31 Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I did 3" of lift & 37's & it works great on and off road with no rub

Check out this thread:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...6amp%3B+37%27s

edit:
If you install the lift yourself try flexing it without the body lift & if you get rubbing then install it. (You wouln't waste any time except actually flexing it)

Last edited by angryhippie; 04-28-2010 at 07:13 PM.
post #18 of 31 Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

IMO, body lifts are a pita. I'd save my money and buy a 4" spring lift like Rock Krawler, TeraFlex or one of the several other good brands. You could even watch the for sale section for guys selling that type of lift when they go bigger. I sold my TF 4" spring lift for 400.00 when I took it off for my long arm coil over kit. The guy who bought it got a fantastic lift for a great price.

It would be worth it. And if you don't wheel hard you whould be fine on a D30 and 37s.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #19 of 31 Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
IMO, body lifts are a pita. I'd save my money and buy a 4" spring lift like Rock Krawler, TeraFlex or one of the several other good brands. You could even watch the for sale section for guys selling that type of lift when they go bigger. I sold my TF 4" spring lift for 400.00 when I took it off for my long arm coil over kit. The guy who bought it got a fantastic lift for a great price.

It would be worth it. And if you don't wheel hard you whould be fine on a D30 and 37s.
Yea the body lift actually wasn't bad at all. And I was actually going to go with a higher lift, just couldn't afford the driveshafts at this time, when I can afford those, this bad body will be getting a little bit taller!!!

Hopefully doing the rear bumper relo tonight, been tryin to for a whle now and just cant get the dang time, but then I am starting the Susp lift tomorrow!!!
Here ya go, heres a pic of the BL:

post #20 of 31 Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Rock God

For very light wheeling like you said, that lift will probably be fine. The plastic airdam thing will rub, and the front bumper will bne close as well as the rear pinch seam. You may have to trim either or all of them.

Also, the stock gears are going to suck

LJ Rubicon
post #21 of 31 Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSteve View Post
For very light wheeling like you said, that lift will probably be fine. The plastic airdam thing will rub, and the front bumper will bne close as well as the rear pinch seam. You may have to trim either or all of them.

Also, the stock gears are going to suck
Stock gears are gonna be bad but not TOO bad, they are at least the 4.10 gears...better than the 3.73s at least. yea I figured Id have to do some trimming, was hoping I wouldnt, but pretty sure I will
post #22 of 31 Old 04-29-2010, 08:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks good man. Now hurry up and get the suspension lift on and mount the tires. Don't worry about the gears. I've been running 4.10's with 37's for almost 3 years. Just turn the OD off.

Don't get me wrong. Gears would definitely be a plus, but it's drivable without.

On a side note, I kind of screwed myself selling you the spare. Pit Bull's production is down for a while and I can't find a spare. Not a huge deal. I'll just have to buy a used spare to run until production starts back up.
post #23 of 31 Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Looks good man. Now hurry up and get the suspension lift on and mount the tires. Don't worry about the gears. I've been running 4.10's with 37's for almost 3 years. Just turn the OD off.

Don't get me wrong. Gears would definitely be a plus, but it's drivable without.

On a side note, I kind of screwed myself selling you the spare. Pit Bull's production is down for a while and I can't find a spare. Not a huge deal. I'll just have to buy a used spare to run until production starts back up.
Yea Im gettin started on that, either tonight or tomorrow night. Depends On if I have time to tonight, so it's getting there, plus im STILL waiting on my dang spacers to get here, they were on backorder

on your side note lol: Oh thats lame as hell, that sucks man. You mean spare tire or spare rim?
post #24 of 31 Old 04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Rock God

I had 4.10s and 37s for about 3 days before I got regeared and they're ok for certain things. On the highway, forget all about 6th, or overdrive, whatever you have. Around town they're not bad at all, but wheeling on them especially with the 2.72 case, would suck, at least if you're doing harder trails. With what you've said, you should be fine.

A flashpaq would help a lot and be cheaper than a regear too.

LJ Rubicon
post #25 of 31 Old 04-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Granite Guru

I was asking about going higher than 3.5" total lift the other day and here's the info I got from usmcdoc14:

Quote:
3.5" =
move the brake line mountings on the frame down and eventually get longer lines so it is no worry.

Move the e-brake cables to UNDER the frame X member instead of over, zip tie them together and they will not move.

front ABS wires: pull the sensor from the unit bearing and route the wire on the outside of the knuckle, put a single zip tie on the uper C to keep it from moving
Rear ones just move the mount down

Driveshafts in a 4dr don't worry, I am running 5.5" and surprisingly they are still fine

Track bar: beef the rear mount, the factory welds are crap. Adjustable front and rear is worth the investment just to keep the axles happy and center.

move the front sway bar links to the rear and get disconnectable ones for the front.

90% of that is free to do
You're going to have a little more work to do to makes things work right, but totally doable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode