Light bar AND brackets STOLEN - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Light bar AND brackets STOLEN

So this morning wife gets up and goes to work at 7am. I follow shorty after, BUT I come outside and find my Rigid 50" and my brackets, along with my high lift are no where to be seen. Make a quick call to the wife to see if she noticed anything out of the norm of course being a blonde answer of course is no... Then I told her what had happen and she turns out to be more pissed than me. Prolly cuz of the money spent on it all...

I mean who the fuck steals from a police officers own house while we are home!!!!! that right there is fucked up. If its something personal by all means someone else better find them before I do...

So I called up rock slide engineering and spoke with them about ways to secure both the light and mounts and they gave me some useful insight (yes I searched for stuff on the form as well) so I went ahead and ordered some new mounts from rock slide....again from them...

Now I gotta convince the wife to order a new light bar hopefully
That's my morning in a nut shell...or afternoon now...

Fucking people these days I swear a majority of them are useless.. In their own special dumbass way...

OIF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnPokey View Post
So this morning wife gets up and goes to work at 7am. I follow shorty after, BUT I come outside and find my Rigid 50" and my brackets, along with my high lift are no where to be seen. Make a quick call to the wife to see if she noticed anything out of the norm of course being a blonde answer of course is no... Then I told her what had happen and she turns out to be more pissed than me. Prolly cuz of the money spent on it all...

I mean who the fuck steals from a police officers own house while we are home!!!!! that right there is fucked up. If its something personal by all means someone else better find them before I do...

So I called up rock slide engineering and spoke with them about ways to secure both the light and mounts and they gave me some useful insight (yes I searched for stuff on the form as well) so I went ahead and ordered some new mounts from rock slide....again from them...

Now I gotta convince the wife to order a new light bar hopefully
That's my morning in a nut shell...or afternoon now...

Fucking people these days I swear a majority of them are useless.. In their own special dumbass way...
That is fucking craptastic! Time to pray for yet another lost soul to get ass cancer tonight before bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Random Dude

Sorry to hear tweekers snagged your stuff. Hope you find the bastard(s).

I use security screws (spanner-drive truss-head security screws and pin-in center Torx or allens) on my lights.
They're not cheap, but I try to make stealing my shit more of a hassle than it's worth (I'm a dick like that ).
McMaster-Carr and Amazon are 2 sources for these types of screws.

My High Lift and Jerry can are padlocked to the Jeep with the lock shackles mostly unreachable by bolt cutters.
They are ~stealable (anything is), but not worth the effort (I hope ).

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well stated Jkctaz thanks, haha I hoping they get a serious case of something unexplainable...

Ex, thanks, I'm going to look into tho security screws, I had my jack locked up but guess they wanted it pretty bad, I'm kinda amused at the whole thing like they really wanted it all that bad. Specially with the brackets that must have taken a good minute to undo all ten of them. And they kept all the bolts too They did try and take my my winch the winch cover was on the ground but the bolts to it are a pain the get to.

OIF
post #5 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Fucking assbags, One day they will be caught stealing from someones house and they will end up in fucking empty mineshaft.

try these as well.

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/rigid-mtsecurity.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Oh and you are not alone, When we used to live in mid town Tucson our whole house was robbed in the middle of the day when a cop was sleeping right next door at their house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Granite Guru

Thieves will get what's coming to them eventually. Sucks to hear, I'm in your neck of the desert. I mounted my hi-lift inside at top of roll bar using Dominion Offroad mounts. Keeps it out of the way, away from the sun, and assholes.

http://www.dominionoffroad.com/jeep_...unt/index.html
post #8 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thieves will get what's coming to them maybe not today, but it'll come when it does I will sit back and smile. Like I was telling the wife sense we were home I'm just glad that's all that happened. Could have been worse, who knows but super bad idea for the fuck nut (s) if they decided to Pop on inside to say hello

Uncle, I think the mine shaft is a perfect place for some people to call their new permanent home. Plenty around Az in BFE.

OIF
post #9 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Random Dude

"Not worth it" is my goal . . .

Between locking my Hi Lift to my rear bumper, and letting it get all ghetto- and shitty-looking, I'm guessing it's theft-resistant enough.

This pic ^^^ is from a couple years ago. It looks even less desirable now.

Overall view of where my jack rides (not the solution, but a good one for me):

And if you want my $30 gas can, be prepared to do $100 worth of work:

I tend to remove stickers and paint aftermarket parts to blend in and be as stock-looking or uninteresting as possible.
If you steal my shit, resale value = 1/10 of new, and my parts would stick out like a sore thumb on someone else's rig.
If you like your junk blingy or pretty, suggest doubling up on the anti-tweeker countermeasures.

My theory: you can't keep people from kleptomizing your shit, but you can try to make it more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #10 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

^^^ I like it! I'll def rethink how I'm going to secure my gear now.

OIF
post #11 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

We all need Trunk Monkeys!

OIF
post #12 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 05:58 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I prefer the James Bond Lotus Espirit alarm system, tamper with vehicle, it explodes, you die, I get new shit. Done and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #13 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
I prefer the James Bond Lotus Espirit alarm system, tamper with vehicle, it explodes, you die, I get new shit. Done and done.
Motion sensor mini gun, and flame thrower.

OIF
post #14 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

All of the [email protected] I am reading that is occurring in our society for the past few weeks on our fav forum is most disheartening. Sorry this occurred, man. It was someone that either knows you're an officer and/or cased your Jeep, I would guess & yes- likely tweakers or just losers. Seems we are inundated with them. It's totally against the law ( ahem, officer...) but it sure makes rigging an electric 110v current thru certain metal on your property seem all the more reasonable....( not that I would ever....)

<edited: I totally failed to mention my reason for responding; I have a best bud that lives in a less 'this side of the tracks' / "developing upward" section of Nashville and he is a master construction/woodsmith. He relies on his tools and had them way secured in the tuffest truck boxes on the market with padlocks. As backup to his pitbull and fence, crackheads broke in and crowbarred the locks to get about $700 worth of his tools. The weekend prior he had halfheartedly invested in a Costco B/W camera monitoring system for his home and that $250 dollar , four camera purchase resulted in not only the pawn shops they sold them to returning his tools but both perps were locked-up as they were on the data tapes. Local Metro had them in under 48 hours and his tools, being evidence , were returned in months but still.....worthy investment ? >

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 07-09-2015 at 09:50 PM.
post #15 of 34 Old 07-09-2015, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

J33f, I agree on the cameras we were Just at Costco the other day and looked at them I think it will/ is going to be worth a investment. that will be a for sure plan

Like Ex^ said everything or anything can get stolen, but should make it a huge hassle to take it off. In my neighborhood here very uncommon for something like this to happen. So I'm sure 100% sure it was pre-planned and scouted b/c they knew exactly what to do and fast too.

Seems as if everyone and their titty sucking friends just love to piss people off and for what reason, prolly none, just to do it so they feel better about their selfs for being a total fuck up in life. When it comes to people Who steal I have a zero tolerance for them and users.

electric metals around the property... I like that one j3ff. Gotta make sure everything is wet around the area! Haha now I'm on a tangent drinking beer is just making go on and on now, anyway...

OIF
post #16 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnPokey View Post
J33f, I agree on the cameras we were Just at Costco the other day and looked at them I think it will/ is going to be worth a investment. that will be a for sure plan

Like Ex^ said everything or anything can get stolen, but should make it a huge hassle to take it off. In my neighborhood here very uncommon for something like this to happen. So I'm sure 100% sure it was pre-planned and scouted b/c they knew exactly what to do and fast too.

Seems as if everyone and their titty sucking friends just love to piss people off and for what reason, prolly none, just to do it so they feel better about their selfs for being a total fuck up in life. When it comes to people Who steal I have a zero tolerance for them and users.

electric metals around the property... I like that one j3ff. Gotta make sure everything is wet around the area! Haha now I'm on a tangent drinking beer is just making go on and on now, anyway...

post #17 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Granite Guru

That sucks man!
Don't take this wrong, but I'm relieved to see this shit happens to cops too
and not just us normal folk.

"Wake me for the Revolution..."
post #18 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbob Frank View Post
That sucks man!
Don't take this wrong, but I'm relieved to see this shit happens to cops too
and not just us normal folk.
i understand sir!

OIF
post #19 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Rock God

Six weeks ago I was at the grocery store w/gf and we came out to our jeep ,and viola winch rope un-spooled and gone . Hardware and all , we were only inside for about 20-25 min.at the most . Fast tweakers in that parking lot .

Only wish I could have caught them in the act , gf asked if I was mad ......Hell Ya I was mad .
post #20 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by un lupus View Post
Six weeks ago I was at the grocery store w/gf and we came out to our jeep ,and viola winch rope un-spooled and gone . Hardware and all , we were only inside for about 20-25 min.at the most . Fast tweakers in that parking lot .

Only wish I could have caught them in the act , gf asked if I was mad ......Hell Ya I was mad .
Sorry to hear that! Bastards are fast, and know exactly what to do yet..

OIF
post #21 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Sorry to hear. I've been robbed before. I can't begin to describe the rage I had inside. I truly wanted to find the fuckers and kill them....but I cooled down. Kept checking with a buddy of mine at the sheriffs office and about 8 months later my shit showed up at a pawn shop. Perps were arrested not for my shit but for a marked stereo stolen the same night. I found out names and there was a blanket party for two fuckers who weren't even sleeping. Reven.ge was sweet. Hope your homeowners covers the replacement. Thanks for your service to your community

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #22 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Granite Guru

Sucks man, too bad you didn't catch them in the act! This is why all my shit sleeps inside every night. Too much temptation sitting outside.

Hope you and some of your buddies catch them.
post #23 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Wheeler

Probably the same lowlife shitbags that stole my lightbar in the parking lot at work (I-17 and Peoria area).

Good luck, hope you get your stuff back.
post #24 of 34 Old 07-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo View Post
Probably the same lowlife shitbags that stole my lightbar in the parking lot at work (I-17 and Peoria area).

Good luck, hope you get your stuff back.
Unless it's got sentimental value, you don't want your shit back. About 7 years ago I had a jeep stolen out of a hotel parking lot, even had a security shack to leave the parking lot. I got it back about 30 days later, smelly, beat and tainted, fuckers got my little Russian 9mm too. Hopefully insurance will cover it for you.

I really don't like to leave my jeep setting out anywhere! Luckily it's not a DD.
post #25 of 34 Old 07-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Rock God

That sucks, Hope you get ur stuff back or better yet find out who did it.

My friend also a police officer had his new toyota tundra 4x4 platinum stolen right from his front yard last year. He walked out about to head to work and noticed the truck was missing.

I used security bolts on my lights that i bought off of Amazon.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode