ABS and Tire Pressure Monitor Light... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Question ABS and Tire Pressure Monitor Light...

Hello all!

Have a 2013 Jeep Sahara with about 41k miles. In the last 2 weeks, the 'TIRE PRESSURE' and 'ABS' light on the dash have come on for about 1 to 5 minutes on 6 occasions. Then turn off. It happens at random. It has been warm here for Seattle. But I know that it is warmer elsewhere. Seems to happen too on the highway. But not during braking or accelerating and not with quick change of direction.

I do plan on getting it into the dealer to see what they can figure out. Just wanted to see what this community thinks it is and if anybody else have experienced this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Granite Guru

if you have lights randomly coming on for a bit then turning off a lot of the time its a failing TIPM because when a sensor fails it usually stays failed haha but dealer can usually see the history of the codes and diagnose from there even though there is no light on the dash

2012 JKU, shaved 14/SD60hp locked/spooled, 4 link Front 3 link rear, ORis all around, D3 all over, 42" SX2 tires, 20" Trail ready HD double beadlocks, PSC Full hydro
post #3 of 4 Old 07-10-2015, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, will need to get into the dealer. Thanks for the reply....

Yesterday this flashing of lights happened WITH the addition of the HDC (Hill Descent Control) light. The HDC came on only for 10 seconds then stopped flashing. As if I had pressed the HDC button in the center console.

I am wondering too... I do recall my wife was in a minor fender bender when she left work. While switching lanes, she neglected to see the big white pickup truck that was kind of in front of her. Approximately the center of the front wheel towards the bumper contacted the truck ($800 worth; yet to be fixed). From my research on these light issues, it may be due to a misalignment of the wheel. That possibly being the front drivers side wheel is misaligned. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterWA View Post
Yeah, will need to get into the dealer. Thanks for the reply....

Yesterday this flashing of lights happened WITH the addition of the HDC (Hill Descent Control) light. The HDC came on only for 10 seconds then stopped flashing. As if I had pressed the HDC button in the center console.

I am wondering too... I do recall my wife was in a minor fender bender when she left work. While switching lanes, she neglected to see the big white pickup truck that was kind of in front of her. Approximately the center of the front wheel towards the bumper contacted the truck ($800 worth; yet to be fixed). From my research on these light issues, it may be due to a misalignment of the wheel. That possibly being the front drivers side wheel is misaligned. Just a thought.
flashing of lights and dinging happened to my a couple months back and it was an alignment thing. I took it to the dealer and they reset the computer and all is good.

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode