Tube fenders: Which ones? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Alec W

Tube fenders: Which ones?

What brands are out there that are currently shipping and available?

Post pics if you have them please.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Rock God

river raider and xenon.
post #3 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Rock God

DO NOT GET SHAFFERS. THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY SUCKS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Granite Guru

offroad evolution... but the are pricey... The flares are integrated into the body protection...

These are from PUDDLZ rig.

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,

Last edited by jeffmarion; 07-28-2008 at 04:18 PM.
post #5 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn View Post
I thought they "fixed" your issuse (or was it AZToad)? I remember there were issues with fit and finish; then Mike Shaffer came on the board and said he would make it right... wtf happened?

Dirty Minion #6
post #6 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Rock God

ORE's new panels and flares can take a serious beating... Mel (Owner ORE) saw that everyone else was desinging flenders to attach to the thin JK sheet metal... he recognized that a good hit on the new steel flenders would result in no damage to the flender, but would more than likely damage the quarter panels.

ORE's panels are straight, fcuking crazy strong. The (ex)Optima JK got dumped on its side in Moab: no damage.

Pricey, but well made.

Dirty Minion #6
post #7 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
ORE's panels are straight, fcuking crazy strong. The (ex)Optima JK got dumped on its side in Moab: no damage.

Pricey, but well made.

After doing this

I wanted something that could take a flop, and these are the only thing designed to fit the bill. I was pondering having something custom done, similar to an exo-skeleton, but decided that these would do a better job for body protection. I will be ordering mine pretty soon.... except for the rocker protection....

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #8 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I thought they "fixed" your issuse (or was it AZToad)? I remember there were issues with fit and finish; then Mike Shaffer came on the board and said he would make it right... wtf happened?
mike is full of crap. he won't even respond to emails. they didn't fix anything.
post #9 of 31 Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:
mike is full of crap. he won't even respond to emails. they didn't fix anything.
Sorry to hear that, but it doesn't surprise me.

Dirty Minion #6
post #10 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Rock God

Hey Alec can I get dibs on your black flares when you go with the tubes??

Lifted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #11 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Ipe
Rock God

I like these ORE flares. I think that attaching heavy steel stand alone flares to the tin foil body is just a recipe for disappointment. ORE's solution seems much cleaner and stronger, although they look sort of funny in contrast to the silver paint above. OTOH, they'd look great on my all black Rubi.
post #12 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Have you tried picking the phone up and calling? I answer the phone from 730a to 4p pst and haven't spoken to you in the last 3 months at a minimum. Between moving the shop and splitting thing's up internally Mike doesn't get near a computer very often anymore, so if you PM'd he probably hasn't gotten it.

The rear fender's have been an issue in the past, but we have done a complete re-design on them, and there are 2 set's of them out right now, with more coming very soon.

so if you are still upset after you said everything was good in the past, please, pick up the phone and call, or PM ME your number so I can have Mike call you back.

775-885-9944
post #13 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Rock God

Wow, I write a bad comment and you guys care???? Make it my fault because i didn't call. It should never have to come down to this. If you guys really cared, you would have fixed the problem like mike said he would and then that would have been the end of it.

Last edited by igofshn; 07-29-2008 at 11:56 AM.
post #14 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Wow, I write a bad comment and you guys care???? Make it my fault because i didn't call. It should never have to come down to this. If you guys really cared, you would have fixed the problem like mike said he would and then that would have been the end of it.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you on the internet. This post is the first I personally have seen of this, i am trying to get a resolution to the sitaution with what i have availiable to me.

I also stated i haven't spoke to anyone in over 3 months of answering the phone, so after reading the trail of PM's you forwarded me, telling Mike you were happy with them after you had to do a bit of work for fitment, then later coming back and saying they didn't fit. But couldn't pick up the phone to call, both when Mike PM'd you and asked you to call, and even now when I asked you to call. You were even offered a FREE front bumper and you never responded to that either.

I have your number now and will forward it to Mike to have him call you.
post #15 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Alec W

Thanks for the replies. I like those river raider fenders
post #16 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you on the internet. This post is the first I personally have seen of this, i am trying to get a resolution to the sitaution with what i have availiable to me.

I also stated i haven't spoke to anyone in over 3 months of answering the phone, so after reading the trail of PM's you forwarded me, telling Mike you were happy with them after you had to do a bit of work for fitment, then later coming back and saying they didn't fit. But couldn't pick up the phone to call, both when Mike PM'd you and asked you to call, and even now when I asked you to call. You were even offered a FREE front bumper and you never responded to that either.

I have your number now and will forward it to Mike to have him call you.
I did respond, but like everything else, it was forgotten about. I made the fenders work. Never said I was happy. It was easier than trying to send them back. Hind sight, I should have sent them back
post #17 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I did respond, but like everything else, it was forgotten about. I made the fenders work. Never said I was happy. It was easier than trying to send them back. Hind sight, I should have sent them back

I read back through the PM trail between you and Mike that you sent me, I did not see where you said you were interested in the bumper, only you complaining more after you said you were happy.

From everything i can see in the PM trails, you were offered to have them repaired, and nothing was ever finished from there. We cannot come to your house, remove them, and take them back, that did require some effort on your end. From what i can see that is where you dropped the ball.

BTW, is it really necessary to PM me, and reply here with the same responce?
post #18 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Rock God

So I take the fenders off my Jeep, send them back and run with no fenders waiting for new ones??? I don't think so.
post #19 of 31 Old 07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Alec W

Do you have any pics of the new shafferís tube fenders Dave? Iím trying to find some that taper in more towards the rear because my Rock Hard bumper is narrow compared to most.
post #20 of 31 Old 07-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Rock God

I'll have sets in the design process soon. I've got no timeline on availability, but they'll be on the Rubicon at SEMA.

I no longer work with Warrior. I am now working with The FIRM.
post #21 of 31 Old 07-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ Warrior View Post
I'll have sets in the design process soon. I've got no timeline on availability, but they'll be on the Rubicon at SEMA.
I think you meant to say: "they'll be on Dayton's Rubicon at SEMA." Ok, so seriously, don't tease us: get some pix up so we can start drooling now...

Dirty Minion #6
post #22 of 31 Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So what is wrong with Shaeffer's fenders?

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #23 of 31 Old 07-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I think you meant to say: "they'll be on Dayton's Rubicon at SEMA." Ok, so seriously, don't tease us: get some pix up so we can start drooling now...
Right now I don't have anything but an idea in my head.

I can say that they'll be available as set of 4, as fronts only, and as rears.

They'll also be available with the top pieces being steel, diamond plate, or black diamond plate.

They'll also be available in raw steel for paint matching.

Right now I am working on the TJ, so the JK will start after that. Once they're complete, we'll have our dealers start listing and advertising them.

I no longer work with Warrior. I am now working with The FIRM.
post #24 of 31 Old 07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
JKowners Vendor

I know it has been almost a week since you saw my JK so here you go Alec!

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #25 of 31 Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Alec W

I think those PSC are the nicest Iíve seen but I donít know how long itís going to be before I can get them and the rears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode