month old CPO Vehicle, brake noise chopped tires? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-27-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Talking month old CPO Vehicle, brake noise chopped tires?

Hey all, just wanted to see about getting some others perspective on my recent jeep purchase/experience...

Memorial day weekend I purchased a CPO 2012 JKU Altitude with 23k on it. i noticed the chopped tires during purchase and voiced my concerns, they said they do not fix chopped tires as part of CPO inspection they offered a free rotation and alignment later to move the tire- ok fine...moved on..About a week later a brake noise developed, annoying sound when brakes are applied. sounds to me like the wear indicator, bad hardware or something causing it. brakes are not in that good of shape. something i think should have been addressed as part of the cpo program inspection...So i bring the jeep in for the noise and the free rotation to help out tire noise from chopped tire- They cut rotors, put NWD done on the alignment line and rotate the tires which made the tire noise way worse. not to mention the the brake noise came back that day. So i bring back the jeep today for the brake noise primarily . This time they replace ONE rotor my front right and send me on my way. I expressed my concern to the adviser of there repair and was told they only approved 1 rotor...being a tech, i knew it was not fixed and hacked at this point, i have never seen or recommend anyone ever replacing one rotor. especially on the front...I had to leave, other commitments so now im here ranting... sorry for the long post

what do yall think? I was considering calling Jeep customer service or something and asking about the CPO process/inspection/reconditioning...For something they advertise as having confidence in and worry free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds like the advisor pushed the cost of 1 rotor off on to Fiat in the form of warranty. Having been a service advisor I can tell you he could lie about one rotor, but if he tried to do both it would have been kicked and he would eat the cost. Brake noise is what we used to call "lot rot" it's when brakes sit on a lot for awhile and rust up. Most of the time a couple hundred miles of use calms them down, sometimes you have to turn them. Rarely are they replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode