Quick Unlimited hardtop question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quick Unlimited hardtop question

Real quick -

On the rear of my removable panels there are those plastic parts that can either lay flat or I can flip part of them "down". What are they for and should they be up or down when on the Jeep?

Of course the instructions do not say (and the instructions have a TJ drawn anyways.)
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Rock God

When you are running the panels with the hard top on, you flip them flat so your panels lay flush with the hard top. If you are running JUST the panels, with your hard top OFF, then you flip them out 90* so they act as a spacer to prop the back of the panels up a little bit.

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
post #3 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Wheeler

I believe they are to be used in the down position when the rear section of the hard top is off but you run the front section installed. I think I remember reading that in my manual.

09JKU Rubicon, 5.13 gears, 35's, Bilstein 5100s RK3.5", EVO sleeves and gussets, Bushwacker flats, Superchips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

well ill be damned. just went and looked at the hardtop in the garage, and ive never noticed them before. guess i dont use the hardtop often...

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidX View Post
When you are running the panels with the hard top on, you flip them flat so your panels lay flush with the hard top. If you are running JUST the panels, with your hard top OFF, then you flip them out 90* so they act as a spacer to prop the back of the panels up a little bit.
Makes sense.

Thanks.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #6 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 01:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidX View Post
That is correct.

Words of warning

When the rear hardtop is off, and you are using the front panels- be sure to flip those things to raise the rear of the panel up. Otherwise the 2 thumbscrews will go too far up and punch holes in the panels

And then when you go back to your full hardtop- remember to flip those things back to the "flat" position. Otherwise, you will get a nice puddle of water in your Jeep when parked in the rain (ask me how I know )
post #7 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Never noticed them, but good to know!

The rubicon is a 29 km. river in northern Italy. "Crossing the rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to pass a point of no return. Originating from Ceasaer's 49 BC crossing of the river, which was considered an act of war
post #8 of 10 Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
That is correct.

Words of warning

When the rear hardtop is off, and you are using the front panels- be sure to flip those things to raise the rear of the panel up. Otherwise the 2 thumbscrews will go too far up and punch holes in the panels

And then when you go back to your full hardtop- remember to flip those things back to the "flat" position. Otherwise, you will get a nice puddle of water in your Jeep when parked in the rain (ask me how I know )
Also do not leave the screws out.
If you do leave them out you may have a Freedom Panel sailing through the air.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #9 of 10 Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
well ill be damned. just went and looked at the hardtop in the garage, and ive never noticed them before. guess i dont use the hardtop often...
X2... never saw those things before...

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-15-2010, 07:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Correct!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode