HELP! Rear-facing child seat with harness bar? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-22-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
UDownForSumKrazyShit???

Garage
HELP! Rear-facing child seat with harness bar?

So, I'm deployed and planning a Moab trip soon after I come home in a couple months. Our little girl is large enough now to move to a convertible seat, but will still need to be rear-facing for a while. I tested her newborn seat in my JKU before I left and there is no way it'll fit with my front Rock Hard harness bar. My wife is looking at either the Britax Boulevard or Diono Radian. I've also tried looking into racing seats like PRP or Beard to bolt into the single seat side. Is there anyone out there either with experience or that would be able to see one of these seats would fit rear-facing with the harness bar?

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Bouleva...itax+boulevard

http://www.amazon.com/Diono-Radian-C...n+rxt+car+seat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Granite Guru

Well we've had all our kids in the Britex Boulevard car seat, both rear and front facing in our JKU. While I don't have the Rock Hard bar, from the pictures I've seen I think there should be room for the car seat. By the way its a great car seat and worth the money. Ours has kept our kids safe on many of the trails in moab too.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-25-2015, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
UDownForSumKrazyShit???

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy5 View Post
Well we've had all our kids in the Britex Boulevard car seat, both rear and front facing in our JKU. While I don't have the Rock Hard bar, from the pictures I've seen I think there should be room for the car seat. By the way its a great car seat and worth the money. Ours has kept our kids safe on many of the trails in moab too.
Great! Thanks for your reply grumpy5! I think my wife bought the Britax yesterday, should arrive in a couple days. I won't be running any hardcore trails with her, but I will not trust her safety to Murphy's Law; some of the hairiest situations I've been in were supposed to be "easy day runs". Her infant seat looks like it is reclined a lot more than these convertibles, so I assume you're correct. Regardless, when she moves to forward-facing, I'll have to do some measurements to ensure there is NO chance of her head hitting the bar. Even with the padding, that would be disastrous! I'm glad I decided to bolt, rather than weld that thing in...

I can't wait to take her out! I can hear her in the background on speakerphone laughing up a storm every time I happen to call her when they're out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Rock God

If you already have a seat for the baby, and it's just for this one trip, why not just unbolt that Rock Hard bar?
post #5 of 7 Old 06-26-2015, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
UDownForSumKrazyShit???

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchboy101 View Post
If you already have a seat for the baby, and it's just for this one trip, why not just unbolt that Rock Hard bar?
Not really for this one trip, plan on having my daughter around for a while Removing the harness bar is the last option since I would like to use it for the few runs on this particular trip when the wives stay back with the several children that will be with us.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Granite Guru

Well, once you get to the point that you're running it forward facing I dont see how she could hit her head on anything if she is seatbelted in correctly. I just did Top of the World and Rose Garden hill in Moab and my daughter road in one (front facing) with out any problems. With it front facing your daughters head would only be about 8-10 inches infront of the rear seat.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-03-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
UDownForSumKrazyShit???

Garage

Sounds great. Thank you for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode