GenRight Off Road: What products are YOU looking for? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-18-2015, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage
GenRight Off Road: What products are YOU looking for?

We have dozens of products in the pipeline. Some should be released shortly and some are just ideas. Help us prioritize them.

Tell us what you're looking for that's not out there or you'd like to see done differently/better.

Let the ideas fly!! Hopefully, we'll already be working on some of the ideas and we can move them up the list.

Thanks!!

And here are some of our newest products: http://www.genright.com/New-Products.aspx

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Granite Guru

how about a half door with soft windows solution that doesn't suck or cost a fortune.

many people live hours away from places to wheel. getting there doorless is painful. having to wheel with the doors on is painful. bestop sells soft doors and windows but the quality is so so and its still very loud in the cab. real half doors with soft windows costs a small fortune.

why can't someone make a moderately priced half door solution that doesn't suck and takes a soft window.

i want to be able to button up, drive somewhere, then drop the top and take the doors off (or soft windows if they are half doors) to wheel. then put everything back and go home. i have resorted to strapping down the driver side door in the back of my JKUR with the top down while wheeling.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

|

Last edited by dalearyous; 06-18-2015 at 07:22 PM.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-18-2015, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
how about a half door with soft windows solution that doesn't suck or cost a fortune.

many people live hours away from places to wheel. getting there doorless is painful. having to wheel with the doors on is painful. bestop sells soft doors and windows but the quality is so so and its still very loud in the cab. real half doors with soft windows costs a small fortune.

why can't someone make a moderately priced half door solution that doesn't suck and takes a soft window.

i want to be able to button up, drive somewhere, then drop the top and take the doors off to wheel. then put everything back and go home. i have resorted to strapping down the driver side door in the back of my JKUR with the top down while wheeling.
I know what you mean. I carry a cable lock and lock my doors to a tree or something.

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Granite Guru

I always ask all the vendors for the same thing:
I want a dual battery set up that I can switch from series to parallel to easily power a welder.
currently everyone has to remove batteries or rewire them.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Wheeler

I'm looking for OEM-esk high-clearance wide fenders. The kind that don't look ridiculous with full length bumpers (as most do)...
post #6 of 12 Old 06-22-2015, 07:05 AM
Granite Guru

A rear floor kit for the 4dr. I don't need my rear seat anymore and would like a solid floor with a locking storage area. Kilby has had one back order for years, I'm tired of waiting....

08 JKUR 6.5" lift, 40" MTR's ...
post #7 of 12 Old 06-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
I know what you mean. I carry a cable lock and lock my doors to a tree or something.
ur a brave man. it would take less then a minute for a thief to get them

2008 jku rescue green metallic
Warn XD 9000 with Mopar front bumper
rancho 2 inch lift
skyjacker stablizer
a few other after market parts
US WVIANS ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THEM THERE CITY SLICKERS
post #8 of 12 Old 06-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Granite Guru

I'd also like affordable half doors. But they have to be compatible with uppers (driving 6+ hours to a trail doors off isn't practical). Pick a good soft upper and make lowers that use them. It would be nice if they were light weight. Y'all are good with aluminum so that's an option (but probably sacrifices the lost cost thing). Strike force zebra seemed to be on to something with their "plastic" ones but didn't seem to deliver on the final product.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Granite Guru

Also, if you can find a standard round LED taillight that doesn't trigger the "bulb out" message on my '12 without installing resistors, I would buy a couple.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Wheeler

On the topic of half-doors, I'd buy a set of 4 glass "slider" style drop-in uppers for the factory half doors right now if someone brought them to market.
post #11 of 12 Old 06-23-2015, 05:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
On the topic of half-doors, I'd buy a set of 4 glass "slider" style drop-in uppers for the factory half doors right now if someone brought them to market.
Another forum has a guy working on these. There is a link to it on here somewhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #12 of 12 Old 06-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Granite Guru

well at least i am not crazy, need is there. thing is, bestop soft doors are about 70% of the way there. they should just update the material (nicer, softer twill) and invest a bit more into the door part (more rigid sound proof half door) and i think i would be sold.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode