tools to have offroad - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

tools to have offroad

what are some of the tools that are good to have for trail repairs. i got a winch highlift comealong etc etc. i am planning on putting a tool box in my jeep. i usually just carry a few tools that saved me a couple times. like when my bottom brake caliber bolt came off and i had to take a bolt out of the door one of the the bolts that hold the hinge. i got zip ties saw hatchet. i am mostly wandering why size of sockets to have and stuff in that nature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagemark2 View Post
what are some of the tools that are good to have for trail repairs. i got a winch highlift comealong etc etc. i am planning on putting a tool box in my jeep. i usually just carry a few tools that saved me a couple times. like when my bottom brake caliber bolt came off and i had to take a bolt out of the door one of the the bolts that hold the hinge. i got zip ties saw hatchet. i am mostly wandering why size of sockets to have and stuff in that nature
Get a good set of torx socket adapters for all of the messed up screws on jeeps. A good run of metric wrenches and sockets are also necessary. A torque wrench is mandatory. I re-torque before hitting the road. My best tool is an 8lb sledge with the handle cut off at 20". It has gotten me out of many jambs. A good tire repair kit. Okay. I bring the kitchen sink, especially on big trips (Dusy Ershim, Rubicon, Fordyce). I'd even consider some welding capabilities. Three car batteries and a couple sets of jumper cables make a great welder.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino Lizard View Post
Get a good set of torx socket adapters for all of the messed up screws on jeeps. A good run of metric wrenches and sockets are also necessary. A torque wrench is mandatory. I re-torque before hitting the road. My best tool is an 8lb sledge with the handle cut off at 20". It has gotten me out of many jambs. A good tire repair kit. Okay. I bring the kitchen sink, especially on big trips (Dusy Ershim, Rubicon, Fordyce). I'd even consider some welding capabilities. Three car batteries and a couple sets of jumper cables make a great welder.
alright thanks for the info gonna have to run a few beads with the car batteries to see how well it works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=17
I guess it depends on what you can do/are likely to need to do.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Granite Guru

i also bring my dewalt battery op impact wrench ... and no not that sissy one that comes with a lot of the kits. the 1/2" one, 700lbs of torque ... its great for just about everything and compact. i also carry a socket set, torque stuff, and adjustable wrenches.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

If it's really a bad problem and it's going to take a few days to fix on the trail then you may need some of this from Snoop Dog. Just saying.
Attached Images

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #7 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
alright thanks for the info gonna have to run a few beads with the car batteries to see how well it works
If you can get a ground and rod holder, put some battery terminals on them. Use the jumper cables to connect positive to negative and create a 36 volt battery. Put the ground on the positive terminal and the use the rod on the negative terminal (DC negative). Get at least 1/8" 6013 or 7018. It is really hard to strike. Once you get it going it isn't bad.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

haha, RubiCajun... "FIX WHA? Shit is broken...?"
oh...reminds me of why I replied ....
get a hi-lift .... the other kind ....

post #9 of 13 Old 06-19-2015, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
If it's really a bad problem and it's going to take a few days to fix on the trail then you may need some of this from Snoop Dog. Just saying.

2008 jku rescue green metallic
Warn XD 9000 with Mopar front bumper
rancho 2 inch lift
skyjacker stablizer
a few other after market parts
US WVIANS ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THEM THERE CITY SLICKERS
post #10 of 13 Old 06-19-2015, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino Lizard View Post
If you can get a ground and rod holder, put some battery terminals on them. Use the jumper cables to connect positive to negative and create a 36 volt battery. Put the ground on the positive terminal and the use the rod on the negative terminal (DC negative). Get at least 1/8" 6013 or 7018. It is really hard to strike. Once you get it going it isn't bad.
i got both and i got some rods also i have good bit of experience welding but this could be a different ball game. im certified in stick mig tig and tube welding and some other crap. and i got scars to prove it lol

rancho 2 inch lift
skyjacker stablizer
post #11 of 13 Old 06-19-2015, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks for all the replys guys im liking this forum more and more everyday its the best one ive been part of so far. just wished i found it earlier

rancho 2 inch lift
skyjacker stablizer
post #12 of 13 Old 06-19-2015, 05:10 AM
Granite Guru

also, i love my savage mark ii ... i have the fv-sr with boyds stock, bipod, nikon optics, and silencerco sparrow. amazing little rifle.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

|
post #13 of 13 Old 06-19-2015, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
thanks for all the replys guys im liking this forum more and more everyday its the best one ive been part of so far. just wished i found it earlier
welcome home, savagemark2; you'll find that there really isn't another forum worthy of your time once your skin is thick-enough from hangin' around here a while....
let us know what ya do and snag install images for others to follow afterwards...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode