AIR SHOCKS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-10-2010, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
AIR SHOCKS

Anyone running air shocks on there rig thinking of putting some on instead of coilovers . any plus minus wth this kind of system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

I wouldnt' drive it on the street. Is this gonna be trail only?

Have you looked into ORI struts? They are pretty sick.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #3 of 10 Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Why not on the street? I don't drive it much on the street anyway but still drive it to work everyday.

Just checked out those ORI struts very cool stuff but they look like a lot of $$$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HeatTreater; 04-10-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Granite Guru

As long as you keep the SWAY BARS on it, it will be fine on the highway. Nothing different between coilovers, coils, leaf springs, air shocks. They all hold up your jeep. The problem comes when you take the sway bars off.....

2008 X- Red Rock, w/Rockwells on the install

post #5 of 10 Old 04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul08Wrangler View Post
As long as you keep the SWAY BARS on it, it will be fine on the highway. Nothing different between coilovers, coils, leaf springs, air shocks. They all hold up your jeep. The problem comes when you take the sway bars off.....

You can actually tune the piston bleed in the air shock so that a sway bar might not need to be used. Its a big misconception that people can just get these high end air and coil over shocks throw the stuff on a get a bitchin ride without spending time to tune the shocks. Yes it takes some knowledge and quite a bit of time but it is possible to get this stuff working really well.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #6 of 10 Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Rock God

Go to Pirate and read all you can.

My understanding is you need a much bigger air shock for a heavy vehicle, i.e. JK. They (air) work great on lightweight buggies, but you need the larger diameter ones for your JK, and coil overs are same or less expensive, and much better for a JK.

But tell me more....

post #7 of 10 Old 04-11-2010, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

[QUOTE=Slippery;401168]Go to Pirate and read all you can.

I have been there's lots of good info on that site for sure. I was hoping for some first hand experience with the jk.Looks like this will get interesting.

post #8 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Granite Guru

I'm getting ready to do airshocks on my 4 door. should find out which ones we are going with this week. I'm removing my Teraflex Lcg lift and getting custom 4 link front and rear with air shocks. Also doing atlas and 5.7VVT hemi, and transmission. It will probably be 2 months before all this is done but I will try to keep you posted.

Jk Neal
post #9 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Rock God

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...hox/index.html

Like us on

post #10 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 08:04 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
You can actually tune the piston bleed in the air shock so that a sway bar might not need to be used. Its a big misconception that people can just get these high end air and coil over shocks throw the stuff on a get a bitchin ride without spending time to tune the shocks. Yes it takes some knowledge and quite a bit of time but it is possible to get this stuff working really well.
Agreed. For a heavy rig like a JK though, make sure to run the 2.5" air shocks and not the 2.0's... The 2.0's will be overwhelmed by the weight...

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode