Replacing center console and glove box. Would like some help. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-08-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Replacing center console and glove box. Would like some help.

Hey everyone, two days ago someone broke into my center console and glove box and stole my GPS and some other stuff. I'm looking to replace both of them. I was looking at tuffy for the center console and glove box. Do any of you have any opinions on these products? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by Nictheshadowfox; 06-08-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-08-2015, 07:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There is also Max-built. http://www.maxbilt.com/jk-command.html

Kevin
post #3 of 14 Old 06-08-2015, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that my jeep is a 2014 jk. Would that fit on my rig?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 06-09-2015, 01:25 AM
Rock God

I have the Tuffy glove box and I think it is great!

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-09-2015, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

how hard was the install for the glove box?
post #6 of 14 Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nictheshadowfox View Post

Looks pretty easy.

Install Instructions...

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #7 of 14 Old 06-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

IMO all these things do is keep the honest thieves out. Just get in the habit of not leaving anything valuable in the jeep. Was your GPS mount still on the windshield? Charging cables out? It's just as important to hide these things as the actual units, because odds are if you have the mount or wires hanging around, you have the unit in the jeep, too, and they'll break in looking for it. Wipe off the ring from the mount on the inside of your windshield, too.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but folks often forget these small things that can help a lot. I leave everything unlocked in the hopes they don't cut the top (when it's on) or destroy my interior just to get inside the console to see there's nothing there.

Edit: If you do have to leave valuables in the jeep, put them under the back "trunk" thing. That little flap isn't that secure, but you can't get in there when the tailgate is shut/locked and can't see what's in there. Tuffy makes a lid for that, too, if you're interested. http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-189-j...bby-cover.aspx They also make a whole trunk for the 2 and 4 doors.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Last edited by pizzaman; 06-09-2015 at 07:02 AM.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-09-2015, 07:02 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I had the Tuffy Center Console in my TJ and I loved it. I have yet to put one in my JK because I don't daily drive my JK as much. I agree that getting in the habit of not leaving valuables in the Jeep is great, I also know that there are times when you have to have some items in the Jeep. Tuffy makes great products. I have a Tuffy box that I trust in my F150 and would buy them any time I need secure storage. The locking mechanisms are well designed and short of torches and major hand tools they are nearly impossible to get into.

Rodney
Famous Last Words
"Here, hold my beer and watch this!!"
post #9 of 14 Old 06-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Very easy. Drill one hole to make it real secure.

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #10 of 14 Old 06-10-2015, 07:34 AM
JKowners Vendor

I bought a Tuffy glove box for my '07 but IMO cheap build quality and thin metal. I just got a '11 up consul and installed it was much happier with the results.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

post #11 of 14 Old 06-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I would run the Tuffy boxes, if you choose to buy more of there products down the road you can also order it to take the same keys you already have so you don't have a bunch of different keys. You may also consider the Best Top under seat lock boxes. I have them on my 2015 JKU and they are a life saver when the top is off.
post #12 of 14 Old 06-10-2015, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

I got a hold of Max Bilt about their command console and the guy told me that they are working on making one for the 2014 model and it would be a couple of weeks till i hear anything back. i will look into the under seat storage also especially to put my conceal carry.
post #13 of 14 Old 06-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
I got a hold of Max Bilt about their command console and the guy told me that they are working on making one for the 2014 model and it would be a couple of weeks till i hear anything back. i will look into the under seat storage also especially to put my conceal carry.
That is what I mainly use my under seat for. If you plan on putting them under both front seats you can get them with the same key as well.
post #14 of 14 Old 06-21-2015, 03:28 PM

FYI: The Mopar security console is the Tuffy. I just installed one on my 2015 Rubi. Easy drop in with a couple extra screws.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode