Trail master Jeep Wrangler 4 door (JK) 3" Spring kit '07-'13 Kit # TM3330-40053 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-07-2015, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Trail master Jeep Wrangler 4 door (JK) 3" Spring kit '07-'13 Kit # TM3330-40053

Has anyone installed this kit, it has the worst instruction manual I've ever experienced!! I need help if anyone can chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-07-2015, 05:58 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstraw View Post

Has anyone installed this kit, it has the worst instruction manual I've ever experienced!! I need help if anyone can chime in.
It actually looks pretty straight forward. I would NOT use the FRONT ALIGNMENT PLATES. A set of control arm drop brackets(I would buy Rancho's) or a set of quality front lower control arms(I prefer Rock Krawler) are much, much better ways to correct caster.

You can go to the Quadratec website, pull up basic spring lifts for the Jeep JK and download the directions for other brands to get an idea of how they are installed. I think the main difference for most will track bar brackets. Some use axle mounted, some frame mounted(like yours), some none at all.

You will want to loosen the bolts for all the control arms and retorque them with the weight of the Jeep on the ground to prevent binding.

What part of the directions are giving you problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!

Last edited by ASSFROW; 06-07-2015 at 06:04 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-07-2015, 07:12 AM
JKO Addict!

X2 the lower axle side mount holes meed to be ground open to use the plates. Drop brackets or (longer) lower arms are simply bolted on. Drop brackets only cost $100-$130 and will provide a smoother ride due the the angle of the CA's.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-07-2015, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

The alignment plates are what are giving me the most trouble. Do I absolutely have to install them? Can I use stock until I get through a jeep fest this coming weekend then buy the other brackets... Honestly, I don't even know where those plates go...

Here is the link to the instruct:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits..._pdf_Container

I'm having trouble with the alignment plates... It says:
3. With the front axle supported, unbolt the lower control arm from the front axl mounts.
4. Using a chisel, remove the alignment plates from the factory mounts.
I have no idea what they are talking about!!

There are 2 different kits in my instruction book, one for a 3 inch lift, one for a 4" lift, they have the instructions combined... I wish I had a tutorial!
post #5 of 7 Old 06-07-2015, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Anyone know where a video tutorial of the parts we are discussing can be found, or a tutorial that shows installation of the drop down brackets? I am truly lost!
post #6 of 7 Old 06-07-2015, 02:03 PM
JKO Addict!

No you don't have to install the plates. The steering might be a little flighty until you correct caster one way or the other.

Rancho RS6250B Control Arm correction Bracket - Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3ST5QA..._UglDvb0CD7CB3

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #7 of 7 Old 06-07-2015, 02:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Leave the stock arms in place. Part of any lift install is to loosen all suspension bolts. With the coils in and jeep back down on the ground, torque the bolts to spec.
This takes some time but important to prevent alignment issues and prolong bushing life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode