Lift tips - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lift tips

I have had my JK for about 2 months now and I am super stoked I bought it. I am going to be buying my lift soon, and wanting some experienced people's help. I am planning in running 35's on it so I'm thinking a 2.5" Teraflex suspension lift with the 9550 shocks. All I have read is good reviews on them so I think I'm going to spend the extra money on it. My questions are, how have they worked for you? Did you see any downfalls? And are there any little things I could buy or do to make it better? Would love for some good feedback and advice! Here is a link to one I found and would like for someone to say whether it was a good buy or no. Thanks!

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/terafle...FQytaQodDZMAdQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 12:31 PM
Wheeler

My suggestion is to get the kit without shocks and pick up some better ones. The 9550s are very stiff and start to leak after a short time.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Granite Guru

There are several vendors here that sell that kit with the Rancho 9000's or Fox's, a much better choice and worth the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 01:44 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

My suggestion would be for you to decide what you're going to do with the Jeep. Daily driver, light offroad, sand, mud, heavy off road rocks, water etc. Then call Marcus at RCO.....He'll tighten you up the right way.
http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #5 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedundanT View Post
There are several vendors here that sell that kit with the Rancho 9000's or Fox's, a much better choice and worth the money.
Where can I find those kits with the fox and other shocks? Like can you send me a website so I cab take a look
post #6 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 03:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcoble View Post
Where can I find those kits with the fox and other shocks? Like can you send me a website so I cab take a look

Package deals here

http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/mobi...ry.aspx?id=235

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

^X2 on (a) decide how you're using which parts and what for and to what extreme and (b) RiverCityOffroad's Marcus ( vendor of reknown here on our forum) will get you totally setup with what you seek at as good a price as is avail and quicker than anyone and he knows his sh*t ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Rock God

Call Marcus at River City Offroad. Great guy great customer service.
post #9 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 08:42 PM

I just put this same lift on my 2014 Sport, and have been very happy.

I went with RS9000's and 35x12.50r17 Toyo MT's.

It is a little flighty on the highway, and I wouldn't want to commute it every day.
post #10 of 19 Old 06-01-2015, 07:10 AM
JKowners Vendor

Good luck with your build. That is a good kit for you. If you wanted to look at any of our systems for your build we would recommend starting with the 2.5" Flex System.

Good luck...

RK
post #11 of 19 Old 06-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_b_AK View Post
I just put this same lift on my 2014 Sport, and have been very happy.

I went with RS9000's and 35x12.50r17 Toyo MT's.

It is a little flighty on the highway, and I wouldn't want to commute it every day.
I commute with that lift daily and have for about 100K miles. It drives very well. You probably need to get some caster back with either adjustable Lower Control Arms or some brackets from AEV or Rancho. I added LCA's and an adjustable front track bar. OP might want to consider doing the same thing when he buys his kit.
post #12 of 19 Old 06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Granite Guru

funny, I'm not a teraflex fan but I do like their shocks. They are stiff, which on-road I like. There's definitely better but for the price of their shocks i'd buy them.

look into metalcloak coils, great stuff, although their shocks are pricey.
post #13 of 19 Old 06-03-2015, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjk View Post
funny, I'm not a teraflex fan but I do like their shocks. They are stiff, which on-road I like. There's definitely better but for the price of their shocks i'd buy them.

look into metalcloak coils, great stuff, although their shocks are pricey.
I have been recommended going with a set of FOX shocks because I guess people have bad experience with the 9550's leaking. Anyone know anything about this or have any recommendations??
post #14 of 19 Old 06-04-2015, 12:51 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcoble View Post
I have been recommended going with a set of FOX shocks because I guess people have bad experience with the 9550's leaking. Anyone know anything about this or have any recommendations??
I got mine in a package deal, so I couldn't change the shocks. In the future, i will probably get fox or OME, I just meant that for how cheap the 9550s are they aren't bad, but probably not comparable in performance to fox or ome.
post #15 of 19 Old 06-04-2015, 05:57 AM
Granite Guru

You can't go wrong with OME or Fox. Expensive yet they offer good performance and ride quality.
post #16 of 19 Old 06-04-2015, 06:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I got the same lift with shocks when I bought my JK. Nothing wrong with Teraflex springs - they will out live you. But like everyone else, I found the 9550 shocks too stiff for the street. It was like driving a Conestoga wagon; although, I never had problems with them leaking. After years of having them, I eventually stepped up to Bilstein 5160 shocks. I can't say if they're better than some of the others recommended here, but I like them.

If I had to do it all over again (and if I had the money), I would have strongly considered Metalcloak's complete kit for 3.5"

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #17 of 19 Old 06-04-2015, 06:52 AM
JKO Addict!

X10 The TeraFlex coils and rancho 9000 shocks is a very popular package. I too do not care for the 9550's.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #18 of 19 Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I really appreciate everyone's input! You've been a lot of help! Right now I am thinking this is going to be my setup, and once I get all this bought I will focus on my wheels and tires. Let me know what you think or any experienced advice!!

Lift:

http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/mobi...ode=TER1151200

Shocks:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...pn=RANRS999329

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...pn=RANRS999330

Last edited by amcoble; 06-04-2015 at 08:43 PM.
post #19 of 19 Old 06-05-2015, 05:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Perfect ^ Marcus can get the 9000's.
as well. Make sure you give him a call first.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode