Interior Differences - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-31-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Interior Differences

Ok I have a 2014 Rubicon with the sub on the rear right quarter trim. When was the cut off for the changes to the interior if any? I see several different parts listed on online catalogs for the wranglers not sure if the differences are because of model year change or if they are actually different parts by design.

What I want to do is pull the factory sub which appears to be a 9" and put a normal trim piece back there. I am not interested in just trading my sub for a non sub piece because at some point if I separate from the rubicon I want to set it back to stock. I went with a 14 versus a 15 because of the sub location but I did not pay attention to it not being removable like my older JK rubicon. has any one done the removal?

I have a Kicker Comp R 12" constructing an enclosure for will not be an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

Have not removed the sub, but maybe I can contribute a little. The major interior restyle came in 2011. Then in 2013 they changed the seats again. And, as you noted, the sub arrangement changed in 2015. Not 100% positive that the sub enclosure remained the same from 2011 - 2014, but it's a good bet that it did. I can snap some pics of my 2012 if you need me to.

Edit: there is a picture of one like mine here https://www.jkowners.com/forum/attach...1&d=1360017159

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by UnlimiDozer; 06-01-2015 at 12:57 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-01-2015, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thx that looks like my 2014. I know my wife likes the seats on the 2014 better then the 2007. Stating they are a lot more comfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

2007 - first JK
07-2010 - minor changes to the tops, windshield loop/freedom panels (I'm not sure the exact year the loop moved, maybe 09?), and I'm sure some options changed as far as tow package, available gears, things like that
2011 - completely new interior, same body, same v6
2012 - Pentastar motor
2013 - slight interior redesign (i think just seats, but there may have been more)
2015 - slightly new interior again (sound system is different, i think that's mostly it)

hope that helps. it should be most of the big stuff.

realizing I completely ignored your question about the rear panel: People have definitely removed it. You will lose your power outlet without doing some custom work.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...category=21190

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Last edited by pizzaman; 06-01-2015 at 06:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode