want to see!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
want to see!!!

I bought a hi-lift jack carrier for my jeep but it doesn't work for my tire carrier. Now I need some ideas about a different one. I have a rugged ridge tire carrier and bumper if any one put theirs on it I would rather do that. If not I am thinking of putting it on the hood. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Granite Guru

This may not be to your liking, but I have the Woods/Jeep Swag brackets that mount the jack to the back of the roll bar. It was a very easy install that mounts the jack up and out of the way yet leaves it easily accessible. This is just one option if you decide not to mount it on the tire carrier.

http://www.jeepswag.com/jackmount/index.html

Last edited by Hot Duck; 04-08-2010 at 08:35 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfire View Post
I bought a hi-lift jack carrier for my jeep but it doesn't work for my tire carrier. Now I need some ideas about a different one. I have a rugged ridge tire carrier and bumper if any one put theirs on it I would rather do that. If not I am thinking of putting it on the hood. thanks.
Hope you don't mind us jumping in on this but,... We do have a carrier that works with a stock bumper and our tire carrier. Here is the link if your interested.

http://www.omix-ada.com/jeep-parts/p...temNo=11586.01

Rugged Ridge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 06:27 AM
JKO Addict!

We are giving one away at Jeep Beach...I only mention because I know your coming. Its from JeepSWAG.com/Dominion Offroad. I looks pretty cool.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Rock God

I am likin this mount
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12001_291X_PG.htm

I bought one about 2 weeks ago and havent had a chance to install yet but the thing is beefy, I cant wait to see how it looks installed I will post pix if your interested.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
post #6 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepersheart View Post
I am likin this mount
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12001_291X_PG.htm

I bought one about 2 weeks ago and havent had a chance to install yet but the thing is beefy, I cant wait to see how it looks installed I will post pix if your interested.
2 lights with the jack looks pretty good

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Rock God

the lights dont come with the brackets (for 40 bucks that would be really cool) but you could mount just about any light you want I guess. I just wanted to clarify

Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
post #8 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Granite Guru

I have the Rampage one, and to be honest it's crap! Good idea but the execution was lacking, Keep checking over my shoulder to see if it's fallen off. I really like the looks of the Rugged Ridge one!

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
08' Dodge Avenger SXT (winter beater)
64' Plymouth Sport Fury(sold)
58' Triumph TR-3A(in 1,000,000 pieces)
post #9 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I bought the Rugged Ridge one, but after I got it I found out from rugged ridge that it will not work with their tire carrier that mounts to the rugged ridge bumper. I am in the Process of sending it back unless anyone wants it for the same price I payed I do like the other one that Rooster had mentioned so maybe I'll just hope to win that at Jeep Beach. thanks again everybody keep showing pics I still am not fully convinced. thanks again.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Ridge - Alloy USA View Post
Hope you don't mind us jumping in on this but,... We do have a carrier that works with a stock bumper and our tire carrier. Here is the link if your interested.

http://www.omix-ada.com/jeep-parts/p...temNo=11586.01
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfire View Post
I bought the Rugged Ridge one, but after I got it I found out from rugged ridge that it will not work with their tire carrier that mounts to the rugged ridge bumper. I am in the Process of sending it back unless anyone wants it for the same price I payed I do like the other one that Rooster had mentioned so maybe I'll just hope to win that at Jeep Beach. thanks again everybody keep showing pics I still am not fully convinced. thanks again.
Did you call RR?

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #11 of 11 Old 04-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Rock God

hey you go, ask and you shall recieve. this is the olympic 4x4 jacklite, I have the jack held in there with a pair of hitch pins and cotter pins. The tabs on the top are for mounting set of lights.

Jersey

Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode