Mopar immortal jeep - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Mopar immortal jeep

Just found this and thought I should share... http://blogs.jpmagazine.com/6660180/...ics/index.html

YouTube - The Mopar "ImMortal' Jeep Is Set for Moab's 2010 Easter Jeep Safari

Those portal axles are sweet

Last edited by wranglerblackout08; 04-07-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 02:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Portal Axles, Hemi.......Hey Chrysler...until its available on a showroom, you haven't impressed me one bit....grow a pair and sell it. Guys have been building these for awhile.

Am I the only one that is starting to get rather annoyed with all the Mopar "Concepts" that show what Chrysler/Jeep "could" do, only to be let down year after year that they still won't give us a V8 or D60 option at the dealership?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Wheeler

Could he have said "portal" any more times??

07' Rubicon Unlimted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 05:47 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
Portal Axles, Hemi.......Hey Chrysler...until its available on a showroom, you haven't impressed me one bit....grow a pair and sell it. Guys have been building these for awhile.

Am I the only one that is starting to get rather annoyed with all the Mopar "Concepts" that show what Chrysler/Jeep "could" do, only to be let down year after year that they still won't give us a V8 or D60 option at the dealership?
Im with you on this... FUCK chrysler/jeep on all their concepts...... untill they start offering this stuff at the dealer STFU!!!

07' Rubicon Unlimted.
post #5 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 06:12 AM
JKO Addict!

He could have let that thing get some oil pressure before revin on it.

|
|
post #6 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post
He could have let that thing get some oil pressure before revin on it.
i thought the same thing. respect the equipment dude!

to Jeep because they won't ever offer something like for sale direct from the dealer.
post #7 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 06:41 AM
JKO Addict!

He is going to be really pissed at his engineers when he takes it wheeling and can't turn the steering wheel. 42"s on stock steering. Portals or not. Good Luck!
post #8 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Wheeler

Cevlar reinforced sidewalls? I NEED THAT!
post #9 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post

AGREED
post #10 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Rock God

They cannot offer that thanks to the EPA and Obama with his new MPG rules.
All auto manufacturers must have a average MPG for their whole line up.
The MPG is high and getting higher.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #11 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 07:11 AM
JKO Addict!

That guys a CPA...the only driving offroad he will be doing in the drivers seat of that thing...is in the parking lot or over an employee's car..

You always wait till the engine and RPM's are at there lowest after you start the jeep before racing the engine...

I totally agree with loki646..

I'm not impressed one bit.

Its green ewwwww ahhhhhhhh it has a Hemi...which corporation that has built a jeep...doesn't have one? Surprise me..with a diesel from Mopar..that has lots of power..not a Hemi..its been done...get over it!

"Its built for Moab"..bullshit...it has been bought not BUILT!

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #12 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Rock God

Garage

heres my deal with it...

go thru each and every profile on jko or the other site... you will not find a jk that is built like another... you know that the price tag on these will be thru the roof... most likely the same price as taking a stock jk and building it up... so if i was going to spend that kind of money i would much rather buy stock, and build it up exactly the way i would want it... IMHO production would be a not so good idea... just my .02

edit: after re-reading loki's post, i would be all about the ability to fully custom order a jk with what aftermarkets we would want... (d60, lift, etc etc...) but who wouldnt

I LIVE, I RIDE, I DESTROY, ANYTHING I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
But you either support your troops or you are shit.

post #13 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 07:23 AM
JKO Addict!

I guess I will be the different one on this thread and say overall I liked it. If someone else built it other than Chrysler, I bet alot of you would have differing opinions. The point of these vehicles is to show what someone can do with one which leads to more sales of Jeeps.
post #14 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I guess I will be the different one on this thread and say overall I liked it. If someone else built it other than Chrysler, I bet alot of you would have differing opinions. The point of these vehicles is to show what someone can do with one which leads to more sales of Jeeps.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the build for what it is. But touting about the Hemi is stupid....how long have we been running the Hemi conversions....since before the JK...I'm just saying (to chrysler, not that they'll read this); stop wasting your and more importantly, our time with these concepts that bare nothing new or have remotely nothing that you plan to carry over to production in the very near future.

Hell I'd be more impressed with a non lifted 2WD running a performance based Diesel that was committed to seeing production in the next 2 yrs vs yet another Hemi Convert running 40"+ tires yadda yadda yadda. Leave the Heavy modded stuff to the guys like Kenny @ RR or the guys @ RK with the Victim. Chrysler/Mopar/Fiat/whoever else owns them should be more concerned with the development and conceptualizing real production applications. Can I appreciate the Lower Forty or the Hurricane, hell F-in A I can appreciate them, but how much if any of those vehicles have we seen in production in the short period following their reveal? I'm just venting to the fact that its like you hire a guy to do oil changes and only oil changes, but time and time again he comes wanting a pat on the back for do a paint job while the thing still needs an oil change.

Maybe its just my bad mood due to a sore back and being stuck at work while the sun is out and it would be a perfect day to go to the beach in the Jeep.

/

post #15 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Rock God

I dig it. I just want to see videos of it wheelin not a video of a suit telling me about it.

post #16 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

I like the name...

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #17 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The MOPAR underground guys were staying at our hotel in Moab and I got to see this thing every night.

The clearance on this thing was insane and one of my favorite JK's of the week! I never saw it on the trails (especially Pritchett) and the axle width was completely impractical for everywhere except Moab.
post #18 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

I thought, from what was said by the suit, that it was meant to show what using Mopar can do for your Jeep. I mean, we're still talking about the same company with half-door kits that are shown on the Mopar website but aren't available yet. The last time I was at the dealership I asked about the off-road bumper with the fog light cutouts and got a puzzled look. Last time I looked there were no flat fenders, D60's, 47" rubber or Hemi conversions being offered by Mopar. And if that is the lift kit they do offer...... 3.5" never looked better. Like what's been said before in this thread.... It's been done, either offer it or stfu!!
post #19 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #20 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

ehh... I thought it was cool. We should see these parts available in mopar catalog in about... never!!
post #21 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Granite Guru

Since Mopar obviously knows what we want, why the hell aren't they buildin it?

Everybody has a photographic memory. Some people just have no film.
post #22 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Rock God

I might not get far but I'd love the challenge. "Hey, Fuck you suit, grad your nuts and lets go GET IT......."

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #23 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 08:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Here's a couple of pics I took of it in the Mopar Booth.

I thought the axles were frigging badass. Notice they are 8 lug! That body armor utilizes the stock taillites pretty well.
post #24 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Who made the armor? And what rear bumper is that? Is it all a custom job? Someone has to have some more info about these items. As far as the width...damn thats impractical. Just imagine what it would look like if the fenders had to cover the tires (like they do here in Pennsylvania). Man, if only those axles were chopped down to stock-ish width, this thing would be perfect. Looks like it still has the stock springs on those portals too. wow.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #25 of 38 Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
Who made the armor? .....
It looks like Overkill Engineering rear body armor and flares. I could be wrong though.

I dig the green paint.....hmmmmmm........may be on the list for my next 4dr JK build. Anyone wanna buy mine?

09 Unlimited Rubicon Flame Red
~8.5" TeraFlex LCG Long Arm
~41x14.50 Interco IROK Radials
~20x10 RBP-93R wheels with red inserts
~RCV Performance front D44 CV-style axle shafts
~Posion Spyder Crusher flares, Rock Brawler Bumper, Rocker Knockers w/sliders and Hawse fairlead
~Warn 9.5ti Winch w/synthetic line
~Rhino Lining tub
~Katzkin interior
~10lb Powertank & VIAR Xtreme
~Drake Off-Road billet bling
Check out my build here....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode